Boston Legal

ABC (ended 2008)

123home123

Boston Legal Fan Reviews page 8 of 8

• Great Acting and Plots

Fantastic cast. Good plots. Enjoyable watching. Sorry some of the episodes got bumped for the surprising spring replacement, but understand they will be shown this fall. Willam S., and Candace ? make the show swing, as do some of the new players. A great combination that provides for excellent entertainment and something to look forward after Desperate Housewifes. Another surprising hit for ABC.
  • This show not only keeps people entertained, but also has the story line that shows different problems that are very real in this country, from the moral dilemma's, relationship problems, the legal issues, as well as major events in our country recently.

I haven't been a fan of TV since Roseanne, Fresh-prince, '90210' have gone off the air. Bringing Boston Legal to television is the best thing since Roseanne. It's witty, entertaining, dramatic, and very very real. I love hearing those 2 words just as much as the character does, Denny Crane.
  • This is acceptable

Boston Legal itself is just garbage, just like Ally McBeal, The Practice and Boston Public, all created by DEK.

1) There's no real character development (In 2 years we we never get a clue about Alan's past, family, how he met Elleonor and why he became so self-estructive)
    Even so James Spader and his acting is the only thing that makes this show a 5 and not a 0.
    The same thing happened in the practice, all we realy know about them is their political views and who are they sleeping with (same with Boston Public, I barely remember Ally McBeal but that woman who used to sing in EVERY episode had the most annoying voice ever)

2) Many of the cases are just a chance for DEK to preach.

3) Seeing the lawyers fighting for the wrong causes and people, or assuming they are guilty only to realize they were innocent. What ever happened to people doing the right thing?

4) Out of character (Alan bringing a motion to discontect (murder) his client's mother (after he tried to kill her)) then later says he doesn't represent evil people (and earlier that year he intimidated a witness to defent some rich spoiled woman who was guilty)?

5) So many cast changes you don't even care about the characters anymore.

6) The fact that this show is more of a comedy than a drama, and we know for DEK the only tipes or "comedy" are wacky, sexual insinuation and catfight.

After a below-average first season, truncated by even crappier medical dramedy Gray's Anatomy, I have no real interest in watching season two with almost half of the cast replaced or gone. I hpe James Spader finds something worthy of his tallent.
    BTW, good luck to DEK in his new reality show, I though he hated reality, but then he realized there was money in it, and it was "good"...

• Brilliant, funny show. Definetly a show worth watching and finally a show that is NOT a reality based stomach churning waste of my time. I thank you for taking us (audience) seriously and giving me a wonderfully devilishly funny show. Great Job!

Brilliant, funny show. Definetly a show worth watching and finally a show that is NOT a reality based stomach churning waste of my time. I thank you for taking us (audience) seriously and giving me a wonderfully devilishly funny show. Great Job guys and please keep up the good work.
  • Very funny with great characters

Boston legal. Witty, intelligent everything a good comedy needs to be.

So its no surprise that the show is such a success. However the main cause for the show success has got to be the stand out performance by the cast. Mainly Spader and Shatner. It is clearly this that makes the show what it is.

However i often find the female cast to be lacking in something. Sure, they’ve got brains and beauty but there all seem to be shallow and irritating. call me mad. whatever.

As well as whatever case needs to be defended each week, character development is always a standout aspect of each episode. This is certainly the case of Denny Crane who early in the season looked like he was just stupid. As time has gone on we find that he has been diagnosed with a condition that threatens his very way of life.

This is defiantly one of the better new shows out there at the moment and I hope that it has a long life ahead of it.
  • Cause for celebration -it's coming back! Summer just got a little cooler with the promise of Denny Crane and Alan Shore on the horizon. Hopefully it returns in time to capture new viewers, tired of the drought we have suffered this Summer.

Cause for celebration - it's coming back!
    Hopefully it returns in time to capture new viewers tired of the drought we have suffered the past few months. Tuesdays are a tough timeslot once September rolls around.

New fans may not be disturbed by the replacement of some of the lead characters since the show's hiatus. Those of us who have been loyal from the premiere will have to maintain a wait-and-see attitude. Hopefully these will be the last changes for a while and the series won't suffer the fate of David Kelley's previous hits that were lost to too many casting gaffes.

Personally, I think that Shatner, Spader and Bergen could keep this thing afloat even if they added the cast of "Coupling" and a talking frog.
    Then again, I am suffering from self-induced Reality TV withdrawal and am willing to cling to anything with a plot!
  • Boston Legal is my favorite show currently on television. The storylines are funny, yet compelling.

When it was announced that Boston Legal would be a spinoff of The Practice, I was excited. After all, I thought Spader made the final season of the Practice enjoyable to watch again and I was curious to see what they could do with his character. Well this show quickly became my favorite. His timing with veteran William Shatner is priceless (and who know that Shatner could act?!!)This show is fast moving and always fun to watch. I cannot wait for season two and hope ABC promotes it.
  • Boston Legal is a legal show starring James Spader and William Shatner.

This show is amazing! James Spader plays the part of Alan Shore perfectly and amazes me again and again. He has new great comebacks every episode that are hilarious. William Shatner plays Denny Crane, a loose cannon, almost as well as Spader plays Shore. He can be counted on to do something silly every episode. The rest of the cast is good enough in their supporting roles to Shatner and Spader to make the show work. Boston Legal also brings in many great guest stars each season that keep the show new. The script is well written and the show is definetly worth watching...
  • A great show with an excellent acting by james spader and a really outstanding cast. Totally oscar worthy!

Boston Legal is one of the best shows in primetime television today. It has smart comedy, great dramatic situations, an outstanding cast, one of the most interesting plots ive ever seen, and it totally keeps you wanting to see more, which is the main porpouse of this type of tv shows. James Spader as Alan Shore is amazing, Shatner really makes us laugh and cry while he still manages to be "Denny Crane" and the rest of the supportive cast really make this show shine.
    "Im a the practice" fan for life, and I can really say that this show has brought it to life in the best way possible. "Simply amazing"
  • Spader is Boston Legal.

I would hardly ever watch The Practice until I saw the last episode with Spader and was mad when it was going off until I heard he was cameing back. Everynight her would give make me laught my head off. I would get into so much trouble for wakeing up my sister. You can't go one day withouy him and his partner in crime doing something or saying stupid. Spader would want anyone person want to become a lawyer.
    I can't wait and see what they have instoried for next season starting in Aug.

• A must for those seeking comedy

A great, great show...Shatner and Spader play collegues and friends at a law firm - the only fun people there. They constantly butt heads with the other lawyers. Shatner plays a right-wing rich lawyer while Spader is the left-winger. Great comedy, but it goes one step further into drama with Spader. Spader's character has 'issues' which he attempts to resolve. Mostly comedy, but some drama is added in for a message.
  • Boston Legal is one of the few shows you can set down and watch and not be bored to tears with ovious outcomes. It's one of the few dramas that actually makes you laugh. The cast works so well together and has great chemistry.

Boston Legal is one of the few shows you can set down and watch and not be bored to tears with ovious outcomes. It's one of the few dramas that actually makes you laugh. The cast works so well together and has great chemistry. One of the best legal shows!
  • This practice remake is a legal office set in Boston, full of quirky yet fun and oddy honest characters.

I have to admit that I loved The practice when it began. However I started to not care if I saw it or not towards the end and especially when James Spader came on. I really didn\'t like him on the show and really disliked him.

However my husband really wanted to watch boston Legal and so I watched it with him, I was hooked! I am not sure if it is the new cast or the new setting, but this show works!! I love James Spader in this, I love his character, even though it is the same one from the practice. I love the casting, I have never really liked Candice Bergen or William Shatner before, but again I love them in this show. I think the dialog is witty and fun, it is a great drama, but a funny drams. I am missing this show sense they took it off at the end of the season, I can\'t wait for it to come back!
  • There is no way I am goning to end this summary of what ever you want, if I have done this summary for twenty minutes and I still don't get to do 50 worrds as I want. Do you understand how it is to take so much time

Do you understand how it is to take so much time to
  • Dear ABC: Don't screw this up!

7.9
    I really like this show, and I think it has the potential to become the "ER" of the legal shows if ABC would only give it a chance. I'm sick of seeing "BL" being pushed out of its timeslot by "Desperate Housewives" reruns and "Grey's Anatomy". Hopefully the move to Tuesday night will allow this show to thrive. The potential for greatness is certainly there, what with the interesting (and topical!) storylines, clever dialogue, and great performances by William Shatner and James Spader.
  • "Ally McPractice", as I like to call it, will most likely die a slow, horrible death thanks to ABC.

It's really sad that this show will probably be doomed not by content or ratings, but its treatment. It's already been moved a couple times, put on hiatus, and is in the process of being overhauled with yet another cast change. I've never seen this before. Shows like Friends have the same cast for 10 years and do great, some shows falter and get moved, but it seems like they want to center this show around Spader and Shatner, and damn anyone else who doesn't work out just right. I am excited to see Julie Bowen join the cast, but I hope she isn't just the next new face to get the axe. I like this show a lot, but my hopes aren\'t high that it will last much longer.
  • Spader is awesome

I loved every season of The Practice up until the last one when Spader join the cast. I was like, who is this chump making fun of everone? I refused to watch it till the last episode. Then came the new show. I was like eh, what the hey. WOW was i blown away. Spader plays Shore perfectly. Every interaction with him in it was a delight to watch. This comes from the guy who hated him in The Practice. Everything out of Shores mouth is practically genius. I only wish i had comebacks nearly as creative. I'm not a big fan of Shatner, but he does a damn fine job of "Denny Crane". As for the rest of the show and the cases, its not as good as the other lawyer dramas by any stretch. The cases lack any twists as found in The Practice, Ally, or even Law and Order. Lately with Bergan entering the case, the show has gone downhill. Shore doesn't seem to get as much camera time with more empahsis on cases and preaching. We don't need another Law and Order here with bad cases, we just need Shore antics sturing up the office. And yes i like to watch too (raises right hand).
  • Boston Legal is ABC's new hit show that stars many old favorites that are as good as ever. Including Bergen, Shatner, Spader, and Betty White.

This show is one of those sows that starts out great, but also keeps getting better and better. The acting is great (well there is no surprise in that, look at the actors). How could you ever go wrong with Candice Bergen, William Shatner, James Spader, and even a hint of betty White in the recipe for a show. One thing I could say without regrets is that the outcome is a show that tastes great!
  • Average David E. Kelley junk, above-average performances by Bill Shatner and James Spader.

7.9
    It started its life as a spin-off for the unscrupulous "evil" lawyers that Dylan McDermott and Friends had to wage legal battle with on The Practice, but after three-quarters of a season, Boston Legal seems to have already turned into some bizarre self-parody of all the different David E. Kelley legal dramadies rolled into one.

The courtroom sequences are nothing too spectacular, and you get used to watching one or two of the staff lawyers do the rainmaker courtroom dance each episode. If anything, the actual courtroom drama undermines the idea that these lawyers are playing dirty pool when they need to, since they tend to just come across as bland and amoral as any closing arguments from here to LA Law.

When it comes down to it, the great pleasures in Boston Legal are watching Bill Shatner and James Spader get nice and comfortable in the television space, and make their performances as gleefully over the top as they please. Shatner takes the senile old fart archetype and just blows it out to an extreme, creating a character who is asleep half the time, and spends his waking hours mumbling his own name and various breakfast cereal slogans, yet is still somehow able to win his cases. James Spader brings some snakey, smarmy charm to a kind of stock Legal Eagle character.

Even before its Grey's Anatomy-induced hiatus, Boston Legal seemed to be getting more and more tame and friendly, and I have my doubts that will change. Still, the lead cast (recently bolstered by the addition of Candice Bergen) carries the show well enough, and the surreal caricatures that pass for characters at least keep the show oddly entertaining.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >