Boston Legal

ABC (ended 2008)

123home123

Boston Legal Fan Reviews (229)

• BOSTON LEGAL,The Best of them All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE BEST SHOW AND ACTING I HAVE EVER WATCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If we look at the acting of James Spader as Alan Shore,it was remarkable,truly impeccable, seeing that lovely ending i was forced to give it 10/10,on the other hand,Denny crane's character was interesting and it was well performed by William Shatner,the small characters like Jerry,Shirley,Katie and Carl also added the fun to the party,I LOVED IT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Boston Legal: The Denny Crane of Legal Series!

I was watching Boston Legal as a child-adolescent. I came back to it now that I'm older and half-way through my law studies. This show is AMAZING!!! It keeps the right balance between comedy and drama. While we might laugh, then comes a thought-provoking case. The "lawyers" are awesome!!! I particularly enjoy the way they cross-examine witness. Sometimes it is cruel, but that's how great lawyers are. Another thing that I particularly enjoy, two to be exact is 1. the fact that they actually lose from time to time and 2. they go to court, a lot! The reason why I mention that is because, I can't help but comparing it to Suits, where I can understand the not-going-to the court thing, due to the fact that the american judicial system, from what I've seen is very pro the dissolution of the disputes before going to trial. And also that's what they specialize in. But they never lose. And it's impossible to be a lawyer and not lose. The quotes from Boston Legal are amazing and most certainly depict the reality of the court rooms, not necessarily in the US, but in general. (my most recent one "That's how you win lawsuits! You're right! Even when you are wrong") And of course!!! The amazing cast!!! I love James Spader and William Shatner and their combination in the series was a complete success!!! But the rest of the cast was also very good!!!
  • Smart

Very intelligent, very clever, and witty - it is least of all "legal shaw"...
  • best show ever

my personal favorite of all time. funniest and most sarcastic show ever. denny crane and allan shore are the best (married) couple ever in a series (even better than couples in any movie). and they didnt make the same mistake like other shows and made it in 5 seasons. it was short but all of them were great.
  • Incredible & unique this show steals the imagination & the heart if you just let it. Showing no fear, the writers & creators & actors, all the staff have created a truly adult drama with great humor! Well done

In each character we see truly different people, in each episode we deal with new & interesting topics. We've watched discussions on politics & religion, human rights, corporate rights, right to speak, right to die, we've seen it all.

Each episode we grow to love or hate the characters that are presented before us, the actores are truly brilliant and pull of their character wonderfully well.

The only bad thing I can say about this series is that is has been cancelled. Perhaps some time in the future we will see our characters again though not in reruns. :-)

To the amazing crew and cast, you did yourselves proud in the final season, more so in the final episodes. You went down fighting and you won many life long fans & hearts. Well done to you all.
  • Uniquely fulfilling characters in a class leading show that when taken to the heart leaves all others in its wake.

Watching the final episode of this show actually had me worried. I have so loved every moment of the outstanding series I was concerned that this last one would be completely over the top.

And it was, but in such a perfect way that it was stupendous. The Supreme Court speech by James Spader is just exemplary.

The character of Denny Crane is played to perfection by William Shatner.

The other characters all, in this show have all been wonderful, but it is the warm friendship between Denny and Alan that have so set this series apart from any other.

Perfect escapism, beautiful acting, outrageous humour but with some real underlying points made that we can all reflect on.

I don't believe I have ever enjoyed a series more than Boston Legal.
  • Summary: 10/10 A must see show! Below are reasons why and why not this show should be watched.

Premise: The show is about a group of unconventinal lawyers working for a law firm called Crane, Poole and Schmidt who take up cases and fight it out.

Reasons to Watch Boston Legal: 1. Great Mix of Comedy and Drama – I initially used to think comedy and drama didn't go very well together. But Boston Legal proved me wrong! The writing is brilliant with the right mix of drama and comedy at the right time. You will get moments of laughter and thought provoking within a gap of few minutes and only this show can pull it off without being akward. Thus this makes this show unique and a reason to watch.

2. Great Characters and Breaking off it: All the characters on Boston Legal are funny, entertaining, smart and just a treat to watch. Starting with the perfection of the 2 male leads Alan Shore played by James Spader and Denny Crane played by William Shatner. It is extremly exciting to see what these two do everyday, how they fight their cases, their beliefs and opinions and their ravenous sexual appetite. Along with other characters like Shirley Schimdt, Jerry Espenson etc it becomes a reason of its own to watch it. Also it is one of the very few shows were the characters break character and become aware they are on a television show. Examples can be found on Wikipedia. I find this extremly hilarious.

3. Relevant Issues which are interesting: The cases on Boston Legal are always entertaining ,interesting and throught provoking. Many of the cases deal with current real life issues like terrorism, torture, murder, illegal migration etc. Reason not to watch Boston Legal:
    1. Provocative: If you are a feminist you may not like this show because some comments made by Alan Shore and Denny Crane towards women may be taken as provocative. I however find this extremely funny. This is the only reason not to watch it.

Overall: Clearly, the reasons to watch heavily outweights the reasons not to. Hence it is a "Must-See" show. If you don't watch it you really missing out on something!
  • One of the best shows ever!

Boston Legal started with the hard job of improving The Practice's slow plot... and it certainly delivered! Since the very first episodes one could see that this show would mean a turning point for law-centered dramas. Both James Spader, as Alan Shore, and William Shatner, as the infamous Denny Crane, rocked the series! All the episodes mixed drama and comedy in the most perfet way. Also, as the series moved on, the inclusion of new, excentric and hilarious characters made this show a must-see! I mean, how about Christian Clemenson in his role as Jerry Espenson? How funny was he?! Also, recurring character Catherine Piper by Betty White with her constant troubles and hilarious lines! On the more dramatic side of the show, I have to say I was never let down. All the cases were extremly interesting and amazingly handled by this group of unconvential lawyers!
  • One of the Best Court Dramas Made!

To me, this is one of the best shows ever made by the ABC corporation, one of the best shows that involve court drama, and one of the best shows of my lifetime.

I really seem to love this show because it mixes serious civil law drama with random senseless comedy, which is two things I really love in any TV show. I got so involved when Denny and Alan fought about Alzheimer's Disease, and I laughed so hard when Denny Crane, while talking to a courtroom about Alan being "The Bull's Eye of Crime", he removed his pants and showed the large bull's eye on the back of his underwear!

Alas, all things must come to an end, and Boston Legal ended too early, only with four years. I loved this show so much, and I will tell ABC to bring this show back. And if not, I'll shoot them with paintball guns and call them communists as what Denny Crane did to the Chinese.
  • I love this show show much! From the plot line to the characters, it's perfect!

Alot of people say that spin-offs are never as good as the original series. And for a long time, I completely agreed...until I watched my first episode of Boston Legal! I've fallen in love with this show! I don't care what people say, Boston Legal is one of the funniest, most entertaining shows I've ever watched! The characters are both empathetic and dynamic ("Denny Crane...coco for cocoapuffs") and the plot-line is simple, yet elegantly done. And instead of siding with one party or idea and mocking the others, they mock all the general ideas: making it amusing yet fair at the same time! To cut to the chase: an awsome show!
  • What am I going to watch now?

I have been a fan of Boston Legal since the first episode and have never missed a show. Now it seems my weekly fix of BL will be over as of next week so who will replace the complex emotional, comedy duo of Deny and Alan? I am looking forward to the last episode, perhaps they could bring back Brad and Tara, another two favorites of mine. Each season was better than the one before. It will be sadly missed and I am surprised that they wont be continuing with another series. Has it failed so badly to win ratings?
    Any suggestions of what I can view instead?
  • Great Intelligent Show

Boston Legal was one of the best show on TV in the past few years( along with The West Wing and The Family Guy). It was funny, touching, made you think and had some of the best characters ever on TV. At the root of of the show were William Shatner's and James Spader's characters Denny Crane and Alen Shore's relationship, they are best friends and truely love each other. The rest of the cast is amazing!!!! And the writing was as good as a TV show can get... Yes it was a liberal show and thank god for that, when did thinking out of the box become so bad?? I will miss it.
  • My opinion on the cancellation of Boston Legal. A terrible blunder that can be corrected!

I know at times the dialogue could get a bit raunchy...but, it was always funny. From Alan and Denny's sleep overs to all the love affairs going on and quite frankly I loved the way the show would always hit on some topical political issues...bringing humor? Yes, all of the time....Educating some? Absolutely! I loved the show and watch even the reruns all of the time..here on Tuesday and Wednesday it runs 3 in a row.. My husband loved the show and he hates television and hates me too sometimes..Just today, I was informed that the show is cancelled. Wow! I almost cried...and my husband will probably cancel the tv altogether. Damn..first my favorite lipstick shade was removed after 5 years..the only shade I liked..and now Boston Legal...Cancelled!! That cannot be! Where can I picket...All has been ruined for me with the knowledge I will never hear Shirley whisper in Denny's ear...."Denny Craaaaaane"..Phooey
  • This television favorite is too endearing to go away. The diversified topics of law practice, the political postures of both Denny and Alan as well as the office politics and the interesting characters added up to a 10 for me. Bring it back!!

How sad to see a television series that ranks high on my must see list every week. The humor, the up to date political posture, the charismatic characters were an absolute delight to see. It felt refreshing to view a place of work where so many different personalities and 'way out there' personalities existed with the usual office politics, but with the ability to accept, revamp a little and move on. The comradely between Alan Denny was endearing. Too people that shared such different views and such a wide span in age were able to care for each other on all levels. I looked forward to the two of them sitting together at the end of the show, summarizing their day and what they had learned as well as expressing to each other the depth of their friendship. Boston Legal….you did America a service. Come back!
  • The best serie ever...

Bring them back Alan and Danny can't be gone forever...
    They were and are the best... There were never one dull episode. They were always great! Their fights there political arguments... Even at the end their constant struggle with the network... You were king's among men... May god have mercy on your souls Alan Shore and Danny Crane... This wish extends to the rest of the crew... The were brilliant backing this two up. I have nothing else to say except that I think that ABC made a huge mistake to put them off the air... This series truly were gods among insects!
  • One of the greatest of all time.

Boston Legal shows off his art in every way, shape and form possible. The show literally shines with polish; it's sleek, beautiful, well edited, has blistering pacing, a punchy dialog to match, superb sets and a truely awesome and catchy theme song. A show that doesn't take itself too seriously (it almost breaks the fourth wall on several occasions.) But all of this slick, polish and shine is simply the backdrop to some star performances. While Alan and Denny are, at least on the surface two very different men. Underneath it they share a great closeness, they understand and accept each other with a degree of closeness that is at times touching. Boston Legal can appear to be a show about trials and lawyers on the surface, but underneath that it's a show about friendship and loyalty. It's this aspect that keeps me coming back, like Scrubs this show can be alternately funny and touching within the space of a single scene. Shows like that are gold. I'm vey sad to see them go...
  • A lawer show of a whole different caliber then the rest! With great caracters :-)

I love love love this show! its so funny, interesting and genius!! I never would have thought a show like this would capture me, but it really has! never never stop making it!! the caracteres are brilliant, and the script are amasing!! I have never laughed so hard at any show before! Its humor with intelligence! So if you arent watching it, start now!! The argument they bring to the courtroom are both valid and amusing :-) And the actors they do it so well, it is so refresing to watch a show that isent dominated by young 20 something, falling in and out of love! Its real, my emotions fly high when I watch it! Love love love it!
  • My favourite comedy law drama

I love Boston Legal the moment I start watching Season 1 especially James Spader. I really really adore him in this show. Without him I think the show is not worth watching. I dont really like Danny but he is fun at times but most time irritating :P

Besides James Spader I love watching Candice Bergen too. She was hilarious and wonderful.

Sad to know this will be last season I do hope James Spader will appear in future dramas. He is one absolutely funny and great actor. I love Boston Legal. Hope someone can save this wonderful law drama, will be missing it.
  • What a GREAT Thanksgiving show!

Thank you to the cast and crew for putting on such a memorable, lovable show! You started the show making me laugh out loud. The conflicts during the holidays made me "remember when". Denny's "confusion" reminded me of my mother with Alzheimer's. The foster child brings memories of foster children I've had as a foster parent. I love how you add present-day events. I've read reviews that don't like your "opinions". Well, it seems to me those opinions are what makes this the "land of the free"...and I, for one, am proud of you for being bold enough to air them! If there's any way I can tape this episode to show at my Thanksgiving celebration, please let me know! Will it be airing again before Thursday? Thank you for the entertainment!!!
  • This is an A-Class show all the way....

Why is this show getting axed, or going away whatever the case may be...James Spader and William Shatner should be getting their OWN spinoff because they are magical together and fun to watch...The rest of the cast are good too and the show's stars both have won emmys for these roles, so why is ABC dismissing this goldmine? I vote for a Alan/Denny spinoff...Who's with me? Boston Legal is the best show I have ever watched and I'm very saddened to see it go...For those of you who have not had the pleasure of watching this gem, you really should give it a try...If you like to laugh, Alan and Denny will surely make you do just that:)
  • Boston Legal should not be cut

I am certainly sad that a show as good as Boston Legal is being cut. I hope that there will be a spin off. This show is up to date on current events and is funny as hell. I love the paint ball scenes and the constant arguing for the left and right of the political spectrum. I thought they went overboard in their promotion of Obama but that is what makes this show so great. Please let there be a spin off. If anybody important is reading this, please make William Shatners' phone ring again with the sound of Star Treks' beeper thing. That was funny as hell.
    Here's to a sequel
  • The real Boston Legal is back!

With their last season on he way, Boston Legal is back with both the hillarity (of especially Denny Crane) and the cutting edge political actuality that I missed so much from the first three seasons. Alan Shore has also gained back his personal debth and quirks, Denny Crane is still Denny Crane (who is one the most awsome characters I've ever encountered on the TV). Not mention Carl Sack! Who has really grown on me, and proven to be quite the brilliant and funny guy. And of course Jerry Espenson, through which Christian Clemenson shows us all how brilliantly origial and hard, real acting really is. Shame its their last season, but if you gonna go, you might aswell go big :)
  • An absolutely brilliant show full of humor, drama, did I mention humor? David E Kelly has created a massive following around his 'Boston' shows and is never afraid to test the boundaries of perceived societal injustices and norms.

Denny Crane - the role that William Shatner was born to play. The entire cast can draw out laughs, tears, and even anger with their ability and the extremely well written scripts and characters. Even those who appear all to briefly (eg Dana in season 4)can create viewer emotion for their plight.

There are similarities with 'The Practice' and 'Boston Public' as you would expect. In fact, Alan Shaw and Denny Crane originally appeared in the final season of 'The Practice' and set up the new series. However, the crossover of characters stops there (which is a shame because, like Boston Legal, character creation was perfect in every facet). But the stories, the cases, the drama, and the humor that has proliferated all of David E Kelly's works is so very present in Boston Legal - none moreso when Alan defends Shirley's right to 'euthanise' her father and Alan refers to his best friend's diagnosis with Alzheimer's. In the back of the court we see Denny. This still creates an emotive response that almost no other TV show has created.
  • I love this show.

Ok, this is one of the greatest shows out there, that is just worth watching, unfortunately i have to admit it is laking in the latest 2 seasons, if we include season 5 which is airing now. But worth watching! For those who think this show isn't great watch season 1, 2 or 3 and you'll fall for Denny's "mad cow", Allan's disputes with his other colleagues Brad Chase, Paul Lewiston, Lori Colson, Denise Bauer Jeffrey Coho and the cases that they trial. It was very interesting to watch because none of them were on their best behavior to say the lest.
  • i love it, love everything about it specially at the end of each episode when alen and deny enjoys there time at the balcony such a great show

i get speechless about this show and each episode discuss different types of cases about U . S and it reflect the real U . S i enjoy my time watching it and i adore the characters of this show specially deny. I think any episode that does not conclude him in as a main focus makes the episode less interesting.

About alen and his anti American thoughts and his way of practicing law, it just amuse me more and i like his arguments.

about the judges i do not know there names exactly but i like two, the one who hates jebr jabr in his court and the nansy panzy one =p
  • A brilliant and vibrant show that tops all the lawyer and court room drama shows there is out there. A must watch show that never seizes to impress!

A brilliant and vibrant show. I got hooked to the show from watching just the first two episodes of the first season. Went ahead and bought all the seasons dvds available out there. It brings interesting perspective to life with each characters depth in persona and intellect. Very spontaneous and fun are just few words that may at times cannot suffice to how captivating the show can be. From watching hundreds of lawyer and court room drama Shows Boston Legal is by far the best and my new pass time personal favorite. To anyone who enjoys a good debate and to everyone who likes a bit of a drama as they kick back to relax and have some entertainment, Boston Legal is THE SHOW to watch I must say.
  • This show is nothing short of brilliant. High-brow, low-brow, everything in between. It is fresh and innovative and 'creative' in a way that most networks are unable to duplicate

This show is a must see for those who are looking for something fresh, innovative, creative, and just plain fun. The characters are great, the plots are spectacular, the chemisty between all the actors is electrifyingly good. I can not say enough good things about this show. I recommend buyin gthe seasons on DvD. You get 25 episodes for $20 (seasons 1 -3) which is a great when compared to the normal $15 a 2hr dvd movie costs. You get 10 times more fun for the same price. Anyways, the show and characters and storylines and even the moral lessons and philosophical ponderings (usually liberal) are done well and mixed together beautiful. Well, that is 100 words. Buy the seasons, you will not be disappointed
  • I can easily say with no doubts that this so far is the best episode of Boston legal till now, Denny against Alen, a thing I always wanted to see, and at the same time Denny brilliantly defending the United States of America.

simply put, great episode, Denny against Alen, for the fourth time in a row, the writers manage to give a great season finale, and this time an extra special one, it is always great to see Denny and Alen in the same court, but running against each other was something else, and the subject itself was really "shocking and outrageous" :) Concort Masseuses wants their freedom from the United States of America because its viscous acts goes against what they believe America should be, Alen accepts and Denny chooses to defend, and to make things more exciting, 50000 dollar bet raises between the two, after words it is doubled to 100000, best episode so far, and it is great that we will have another season, hopefully it won't stop on the fifth one :)
  • Every aspect of this show is Superb

This show hits all the Hot-Button issues in a manner that offends no one,the acting,writeing and humour are done to perfection. Each character has nailed there part perfectly.Where many shows faulter by going in to many directions at once in a episode, Boston Legal has found the formula to make it work, and make it work smoothly, keeping the viewer enthralled with each characters performance in every episode shows the dedication by all who are part of this great show.This show has re-invigoured my small screen viewing pleasure once again, that was fadeing fast with all the Idol this and Reality that TV that seems to be permeateing the airwaves.
  • The writers actually know what is going on in this country, I dont watch TV much but caught this and cried for joy knowing the whole country isnt dumb as dirt.

Thank you for the poignant episode, I cant believe how well done it was...gone fishin'...............................................................................................................................................yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes ye syes yes ye syes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyesyesy eys eys yes yes yes yes yes yes yes no war no war no war no war no war no war no war no war no war no war nowar no war no war no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8