Boston Legal

The Verdict

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Oct 24, 2006 on ABC

• The Verdict gives us what we love about Boston Legal. It and the episodes leading up to The Verdict are bound to become series classics.

The Verdict and all the episodes leading up to it is (will become) a series classic! First, the cast does a wonderful job in portraying their characters and the writing is on the nose for each of them.

For Star Trek fans, this episode and those leading up to it have been providing a fun time with some of our favorite actors without the Star Trek makeup. It is also wonderful to Quark and Odo together again (the previous episodes). Unfortunately Boston Legal didn't allow their characters to be opposite of their Star Trek roles. Rene Auberjonois still play an emotionally restrictive role, while Armin Shimerman's role is still one of antagonistic to his old nemesis. Missing is a three-way relationship between all three Star Trek alumni for (I suspect) some fun dynamics. Putting these two observations aside, Star Trek fans will enjoy watching some of our favorite actors in The Verdict.

Second, again Boston Legal is about courtrooms, sex, and more sex. Every major character with a part in The Verdict has some aspect of sex on his or her mind. Whether they are having it or avoiding it, sex is on the minds of those at Boston Legal and isn't that one reason we love Boston Legal?

This episode gives us everything we value in Boston Legal - a good suspenseful courtroom action and sexual relations so outrageous we love it simply because it is outrageous. (No spoilers here for anyone on the verdict – sorry.)