Boy Meets World

A Long Walk to Pittsburgh-Part I

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Feb 07, 1997 on ABC

• Sad

Eric sees Shawn kiss Topanga at Chubbies and tells Cory. It turns out there was actually a good reason for this: Topanga is moving to Pittsburgh with her parents. Cory cannot, and will not, believe this under any circumstances. Shawn also tells him that Topanga will not leave, referencing some TV shows in the process. But, at the end of the episode, Topanga does in fact leave, and Cory is left heart-broken.

A sad episode with a good, interesting plot. It is also the first 2-parter episode of the series. It was a very special episode and was handled well.
  • I loved it, but it was so sad.

Cory finds out that Topanga is moving to Pittsburgh. He believes that they will always be together and that she won't leave. Shawn tries to convince Cory that everything will be okay and that she won't leave at all. Eric is a good big brother to Cory.

This was a great episode! It was so sad though. Cory and Topanga might be separated and things might not work out. I know that everything is going to be good in the end, but I love the drama. I liked it when Cory used Romeo and Juliet as an example of love that is true, but he didn't know the end. This episode gets a perfect 10!
  • Cory's emotional ride at the peak.

This episode is a prime example of how good this show was. Nothing hurts more than losing the love of your life, and this episode showcases this very poignantly. This show is robably the best from the TGIF line-up, with the possible exception of Perfect Strangers. The emotionalride of this episode, and the following one, demonstrate how able all these young actors can be, even the Batman of the Future Will Friedle. When Cory learns Topanga is moving, and has no choice but to deny it at the end with his best friend, it shows as realistic as life, but with a few more laughs.
  • One of my favorite episodes ever

This is one of the best two-part episodes in TV history.

This installment has both comedy and drama, most of the comedy coming fom Shawn's hinting that he realizes that they're in a TV show.

The entire cast delivers excellent performances, with Danielle Fishel giving one of her best ever.

The jacket that Topanga offers back to Cory is the same one that Cory gave to her in the third season episode number forty-eight, "What I Meant To Say."

I'm sure that it must have been torture waiting a week to find out what happened next. Luckily for me, I first saw this episode in syndication so I didn't have to wait at all.