Boy Meets World

A Long Walk to Pittsburgh-Part I

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Feb 07, 1997 on ABC

• Lost Love

This was one of the first episodes that actually displayed a deep sense of emotion and also made both Cory and Topanga seem rather human.

We emphisize with their pain as both of them are struggling to keep their current relationship they have alive. We easily see how deep and far both of these characters, as it evolved gradually from friendship to love making the emotional weight heavier. I can't help but think this must be true with most couple who deal with the issue of moving away.

The funniest moment was Shawn give Cory hope by talking about TV phylosophy. How our lives are like a TV show, and usually something good always happens to the protaginest. This is funny because it's true sometimes.

But unfortunate in this episode nothing good happens to this couple. As they must cope and deal with the fact that Topanga's parients are moving away which will me both of them will be unable to see each other again or even stay together. So reluctantly they say good bye and Cory lets Topanga keep the jacket, a jacket Cory gave to her when they were 13 and symbolizes the depth of their relationship together. Once she's gone the last thing we see is Cory's sad face, not crying but a look as though his heart has been broken and is now bleeding.

This episode was so good it actually put lots of viewers in distress especially me, due to the emotional weight. As we had to painfully wait next week or in two weeks (which litterally felt like an eternity) part two of this cliffhanger. Like in those cliffhanger cerials we were constantly wondering if Topanga was going to come back, is Cory going to heal and either get her back or move on? We would just have to find out in Part 2.