Boy Meets World

A Long Walk to Pittsburgh-Part II

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Feb 14, 1997 on ABC

• Come to me

Two parters as well as stories that deal with romance don't always do this, this episode does something that both sometimes fail to do, pay off.

The reason why the romance in this episode pay off in mainly in it's believability, Cory and Topanga at times I felt felt like a couple that could exist. We see at first Cory is trying to like any person out of a relationship get back on the saddle. But for people like Cory it doesn't come easy and sometimes you just can't find that right horse because they simply don't have the same feel. I'll admit like a lot of people I was in suspense from part one, not just did I feel bad but I wasn't entirely sure what was going to happen to Cory now that Topanga is gone.

However like everyone else my patience had paid off, once I saw Topanga at the back door soaking wet from running all the way back to Cory's home, I felt a sense of relief and joy because it just goes to show how deep the love both of them has goes, only people that feel that deeply about each other have the guts to do what Topanga did.

I even love how both of them are being tested when they have both an argument/conversation with the parients. It was pritty interesting because it actually made Cory's parients evaluate their own feelings for one another and when they looked at the young couple it felt like they were looking at a mirror.

And the presense of actress Oliva Hussey I thought was great as well as ironic since she was in the film "Romeo and Juliet" which of course was about loves so close and yet so far. It's a shame she never became a character in the show, she did a good job with well what she had.

Of course everything works out in the end. As the saying goes, Love knows no bounds.