Boy Meets World

An Affair to Forget

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Nov 29, 1996 on ABC

• perfect

What I liked: Shawn and Cory on the phone and Eric (I want my own room!), Eric's one man show about his life, and the ending of the episode, where Feeny tells him to get a college education, Cory and Shawn talking in the library, Shawn and that girl breaking up, amongst other things.

I really like this episode because it has a lot of humor, and it does a great job at exploring Cory and Shawn's friendship. There are a lot of jokes about the possibility of Cory and Shawn literally loving each other, but that just makes the episode all the more funnier. Personal favorite of mine. Cory and Shawn on the telephone is one of my favorite scenes and never fails to make me laugh. A+
  • OUCH!

I like this episode because its a very good plot. And it could actually happen to you. It was so sad because Cory was really sad after Shawn left him for that girl just for a cheap kiss. As what Topanga said. This episode was funny like when Shawn and Cory were on the phone they acted like they were a couple. then Eric heard them and said i need my own room. and i realized Topanga gives really good lectures. it had a lot of goofs though. but still it as a good episode. Shawn is really rude just to sell Cory out like that just for a girl.
  • A look into Cory and Shawns relationship.

This is a great, well needed, look at the real relationship between Cory and Shawn. I mean, everyone knows that they are best friends, but what are they really? In this episode we see that they are like brothers who help each other.

We also discover that they need to be together as friends. It is clear from the conversations and even just the facial expressions that they are true friends who are suppossed to be friends forever.

Eric was hilarious in this episode. The way he tries to tell the story of his life...as funny as possible. This is one of my favorite episodes.

It also goes into the relationship between Eric and Mr. Feeney. At first one would say that they are just teacher and student, but watching this episode we see that their relationship is more than that. We see that there is nothing Feeney won't do to help Eric succeed. He gets people to come and watch Eric's "show", and he gives him some great advice.

This is one of my favorite episodes.
  • A hilarious look at the level of Cory and Shawn's relationship

One of the things my friends and I find hilarious about this show is Cory and Shawn's relationship. This episode exemplifies what we think to the nth degree.

Shawn is dating a popular girl and true to his nature doesn't want to break up with her. The popular girl, being popular that she is, does not want to compete with anyone else. But, this is Shawn and he has a very important relationship with his best friend, Cory. They are so close and so tight that they will let nothing in get their way. The girlfriend is jealous that Shawn and Cory act like they're dating themselves. She tells Shawn the it's either her or Cory. It's pure Shawn when he doesn't want to chose and starts seeing Cory behind her back.

This episode is hilarious. Shawn and Cory act like they are a couple. It's become a slang term almost for us when we see two best friends of the same sex acting as close as they are knowing they are not a couple like that.
  • Eric, Shawn and Cory make the perfect comedy trio.

This one episode, in my opinion, is a perfect example of the comedy this show offers. From Erics one man monologue entitled "Look at Me, Look at Me" to the jokingly sentimental and intimate private conversations between Cory and Shawn, this is my favorite episode by far. I can't wait for the season 4 DVD, and before I watch it all the way through I will start out immediatly with this episode...it never gets old.
  • Silly but funny episode

This episode is quite silly, but it is still very funny, also.

Most of the humor comes from completely innocent conversations between Cory and Shawn that sound as if they are conversations between lovers. It is really done very cleverly. This type of joke is repeated in the fifth season episode, "It's Not You ... It's Me."

Jennifer is played by the beautiful and talented actress Kristanna Loken who has since starred as the Terminatrix in the 2003 summer blockbuster "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines." This episode is worth watching just to see this great actress in a different role.