Boy Meets World

As Time Goes By

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Apr 07, 2000 on ABC

• perfect

What i liked- "Topanga, come out here, Eric's drunk." "Drunk, with knowledge", "I'm the gumshoe. There's the gum on my shoe", Eric calling 'fez head' feeny, "She don't sing so well", "He don't play so well" "we don't care!", the ending of the episode, Cory preoccupied watching cartoons, "Hi, I'm Angel Nuffsaid", "Topanga, get up." "Can't, i'm dead", amongst other things.

brilliant episode. really funny. laugh a minute. A+ episode

• It was great!

Topanga travels in a time continum vortex. She goes to an alternate world where nobody has a care in the world. She doesn't know who she is or where she came from. She goes to the detective who tries to help her. She falls in love with Rory, the owner of the Shangri-La cafe. Then, she starts telling everyone about important things which disturbs their peaceful, carefree world, so Rory kills her. The detective finds Cory and they travel back and Cory learns that life is not all fun and games, while Topanga learns that life isn't all stress and work.

This was a great episode! I loved seeing all the characters as different people. Eric was great! This episode receives a 10!
  • it is about tapanga going into a vortex through the closet and she is stuck there and all of her friends are there too, but with diferent names, it is an alternate world!

this episode is exactly why i watch the series. It is by far my favorite episode. I love it so much. It is very creative with the names such as Rory instead of Cory. It is wicked good! It is so good that everytime i watch it i act surprised! Every episode is amazing, but this one by far is the best! If you like this episode, then you will probably like the one where they are locked in the classroom for detention and it is like a horror thing. Also the one where Cory keeps killing Sean in his dreams. this episode was amazing
  • I used to hate this episode, but it really isn't that bad, it is just sorta out of place.

This episode was actually quite good. it dealt with the fact that sometimes topanga strives to hard to be perfect and it annoys others as well as stresses her out. Eric is hilarious as the detective, and the other cast memebers are quite funny also. Mr. Feeny seemed to not be enjoying himself, while mr. matthews was having a ball playing a peter torre-esque role. This sort of was one of those off the wall episodes season seven was so famous for. they never really dealt with the fact that they were in college. I wish the would have dwelled on that more. whatever happened to cory wanting to be a journalist or eric wanting to be a weatherman, though they did touch that in I'm going to be like you dad.
  • Matthew Lawrence takes the cake & was so romantic in this episode!

Having a fantasy episode before the 2 part series finale, was fun to do. Loved the cast portraying 1940's characters @ Rory's Cafe.

The highlight of this episode was when Matthew Lawrence (piano player) got to sing "This Dame". A friend of mine even fainted on the couch, squeezed her pillow, dreamt that she was on cloud 9 & sighed that Matt's got a romantic singing voice (which I do agree)!

It's also marks the third jewel of Matthew Lawrence's Musical Triple Crown (along with Gimme A Break-The Window [Part 1] & Brotherly Love-Art Attack).

I'm glad Matt had the courage to sing, even though he really doesn't like to. If it hadn't been for that episode, it would've made a great Jeopardy! answer.

"The only regular young male cast member of Boy Meets World who never got a chance to sing."
  • Shangri-La

I love this episode. Eric is absolutely amazing as a bubmling PI whose voice overs are hilarious and crime solving skills aren't that bad either. Everybody's characters in the alternate reality are great especially Feeny's and Cory's. Rory is so funny and its nice to see Ben Savage doing something other that squeaky clean. The message of this episode is also very good because she learns to relax and Rory was really right in Shangri-La because she was ruining the fun and they couldn't have that happening. Eric is also really funny at the end when he hears about the Vortex. I also love how every time the word Vortex is said the mysterious music comes on. All in all a great episode.
  • Another comical spoof that works

Although I was a bit confused in the beginning, and then worried about what would happen to Topanga, not to mention frustrated that Cory was so absorbed in watching Looney Tunes that he didn't seem to notice much else. I liked that Feeny was called Fez-Head.
    Cory: Topanga come out of the closet Eric's drunk!
  • I think they have made better episodes but it was ok

I think that they had a lot of better episodes it wasn\\\'t paticuarlry one of my favorites umm yeah a lot of thing happened in this episode but yeah ummmm I think that it was agreat idea i mean every single series you see on tv has a episode like this but i seroiusly think they could of done better. i think that it was a very funny episode well that is really all that i can say but this has to be at least a 100 words long so i am going to keep on typing lol i luv boy meets world it is one of my favorite shows
  • Time Vortex Dream

5.5
    I just don't get this episode. What's the point? Topanga's sucked into a secret room which sends her back in time. Another pointless episode like they've done before. As usual, Eric steals the show, basically with the only funny lines in the episode. I get how this is supposed to spoof Casablanca and Twilight Zone, but I'm just left asking "why?". I guess it's amusing if you don't take it too seriously, but I'd just suggest skipping this episode.