Boy Meets World

Better Than Average Cory

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Oct 23, 1998 on ABC

• Sometimes I find myself running right to this website after I watch an episode of Boy Meets World. This is one of those times when what I read amazed me!

Often I find myself wondering what happened to an actor or actress after their brief run on what was my favorite childhood sitcom. I can remember watching this episode when I was in college and just being amazed at how much I liked the characters, but never really noticing the characters outside of the regulars.

Now it\'s different, as I keep recognizing people who filled brief starring roles in the show and then went on to become names we recognize in Hollywood. Look at the people who appeared in an episode...

Marla Sokoloff, Keri Russell, Mena Suvari, Brittany Murphy, Charisma Carpenter, Staci Keanen, Linda Cardellini, the list just goes on and on.

So frequently, after watching the two episodes on ABC Family I wander over here to find out who the co-stars are that I either recognized and couldn't remember why or the people I just enjoyed and wondered if they'd done anything else.

Imagine my suprise to find that Alexandra Nechita was played by Alexandrea Nechita, and that the adorable little blonde in the epsiode is actually a world famous painter. The painting featured in the episode was actually painted by then 13 year old Alexandra in 1998.

I just had to share that. She is still a very popular artist and I have spent the last two hours or so looking at the many paintings she has done in her lifetime. It's little things like this that make me love this show, and thrilled that I can still watch it each day.

If you want to see her work check out her website.