Boy Meets World

Brave New World (2)

Aired Friday 8:30 PM May 05, 2000 on ABC

• Dramatic and overflowing with emotional beauty, the final episode of ABC's ground-breaking series provided a very appropriate clousure to the close-knit friendships the writers had painted on screen since 1993, both on screen and at home with us, the view

Since it's inception in 1993, "Boy Meets World" was undoubtedly a part of the regular television viewing for those of us that hit our teenage years in the mid and late 1990's. Touching on serveral issues that common teenagers dealt with on a regular basis and offering to keep the viewer interested in a clean and humorous fasion, this cleverly written series won the hearts of millions of viewers through the supurb acting of Ben Savage, Willie Fridle, Rider Strong, and their supporting cast.

This final episode, I would imagine, was difficult for the writing staff to put together as task of closing such a spun-out, yet very popular series, can be quite daunting. They had written all they could about every possible problem and senario they could think of, and they knew it was time to retire the concept into the famed hall of syndication.

Using several flashbacks triggered through Cory to reminice about the past, him and Topanga, along with Shawn, Eric, and undoubtedly Mr. Feeney, closed the show as the reigning popular characters that each and every one of us had grown to love and relate to. Sporting an exceptional eliquency with each of the characters, the lyrical way that this finale was constructed, produced, and performed closed the door for the show and its millions of faithful viewers, and opened it for each and every one of them to draw their own conclusions, and much like the teachings of Mr. Feeney, let everyone go their sparate ways in the only way he (and the writers) knew how.

This wonderfully clever drama/comedy was as funny as it was serious, and gave new light into the grave matters facing our young people today. We all could relate with the characters writen into the show, and in one way or another, we can all attribute something we learned from their world to our own.
  • This was such a great series finale, I almost cried. Man it was sad seeing this show end. Although they really should have given Eric and Jack a spinoff. That would have been hillarious.

This episode does make you cry. The music is so sad at the end. Although the episode is mostly filled with clips, we see the whole BMW original cast (Corey, Shawn, Topanga and Eric) and the new Boy Meets world cast (Angela, Jack and Rachel). The show was originally about a young boy named Corey Matthews. A sort of punk kid, and his best friend was a hoodlum named Shawn Hunter. He also had this girl which he secretly had a crush on named Topanga who was strange in the first two seasons. Also Corey had a selfish Older brother Eric, two parents Alan and Amy and a sister Morgan who never understood him. Then to top it all off he had his next door neigbhor Mr. Feeny, who ironically was his teacher every season of the show. In the beginning Corey was the bad apple inside Mr. Feeny's good apple class. Corey was always causing trouble and getting bad grades. As the show grew Corey developed and matured, and although he and Topanga became boyfriend and girlfriend and engaged each other. We saw new characters come along and if you watch the first episode of BMW, and compare it to the last episode you really see that Corey, Eric, Shawn and Topanga all have developed from Mr. Feeny, which is a great message for kids. Corey and Shawn both were troublemakers early on in the series, but I remember one episode early in the First season where Corey wishes something bad would happen to Mr. Feeny and he goes to the hospital. Mr. Feeny goes to the hospital and Corey goes to cheer him, because he felt like he was responsible and while leaving out of the door Corey says "Thanks", and Feeny looks at him and says "For what?", and Corey responds "I Don't know yet". By the end of the series we see that each of the characters learn to go from children to adults. Including Eric, whose character hysterically gets funnier as he gets dumber. By the last episode where they are in the Matthew's kitchen and Corey, Shawn, Eric and Topanga are going to New York we see Josh (Corey's little brother who was born the season previous) look at him. We see Corey give him a great speech and end it with "Boy meets world, I get it." That was great television, where Corey gives a great message from his firsthand experienced and then just goes off to the Brave New World. It was sad seeing his Parents and Morgan crying as Rachel and Jack went to serve their country, and Corey, Shawn ,Eric and Topanga (the Originals of the show) all leave to Mr. Feeny's class. It so sad when they talked to Mr. Feeny for the Last time and Feeny said "Do Good" and Topanga asked "Don't you mean well?" and he responded "No Do good." Also when he refused to say he loved them, that was a little bit surprising but hey there is a line between teacher and student. Not even Mr. Feeny can break that. Good television. Then they all leave the classroom and Feeny is there by himself and the sappy is music is playing as soon as all the characters hug Feeny and head out to New York. Then Feeny repeats the last words that I'll never forget from the series, "I love you all, Class dismissed." Although they already left, that was just so sad. Then Feeny leaves and the classroom where the first scene of the series took place is dark. That's what I hate that a great show always has to have a sad ending. I wished they would have given Eric and Jack a spinoff but I guess not, that would have been funny. However this episode was just amazing, and this show more then any other was able to show the characters grow and mature within 7 years. Man was this series great.
  • Brave New World~ the ending of an era and my childhood!

the series finale was like saying goodbye to my childhood. I grew up watching it, and when they all said goodbye to each other it was like I was saying goodbye too. I know this sounds dramatic but the show was very much a weekly thing I looked forward to. The way they ended it was excellent and was one of the best wrap ups to a sitcom that TV will ever see. There will never be another show like boy meets world. I would love to see a tv movie reunion type thing... It would be great. I still watch the reruns today~!
  • When I watched this episode I cried...

I'd have to say Brave New World is a marvelous finale for Boy Meets World. I have to admit I cried particularly when Topange was saying goodbye to Mr. Feeny. I loved how they made this episode into a flashback sort of thing. Especially most of the Feeny calls Eric made up. It's a shame this show ended because it was realli great.

Its wierd though that Mr. Feeny didn't say I love you to their faces. And I wish they would make a reunion on this show too! Or maybe like make a new episode with all of them at their current age. But yeah that would never happen. Anyways, if you haven't seen this episode you should!
  • I love you all. Class dismissed.

The series finale of Boy Meets World is the perfect episode of Boy Meets World. It includes all the elements we have seen throughout the series. It has the comical moments, the dramatic moments, the oh-my-god-i'm-going'to-cry moments, and the timeless moments between friends. I was glad that Shawn decided to go with Cory and Topanga and moved that Jack was going into the Peace Corps. Mr. Feeny was the one person that got me to tears. His last line and the last line of the series-

I love you all. Class dismissed.

sums up everything abour Boy Meets World. It was a show about love and learning with Mr. Feeny as the guide. It was the best line of the series because it was the line that told the story. It's also the line that made me cry for twently minutes after the credits. Boy Meets World was a great show and it will be missed.
  • Tearjerker

The finale of Boy Meets World was a great one that wrapped up the series in a very nice fulfilling way. The finale was a clip show about a lot of past events in the show. Cory, Topanga, Eric, and Shawn all move to New York City. But before they can go they must say goodbye to the one, the only, Mr. Feeny. So, in the emotional last minutes of the show, they each tell him goodbye, and he tells him that they will all do their best in the real world.

This was a powerfully moving finale. It had some great humor and the emotion in the final scene was really well-done. One of my favorite finales.
  • It was the series finale, a flashback episode, but mostly a tear jerker. *cry* When I saw this episode it was so had for me to grasp the fact that this series that I had come to know and love was over.

It was the series finale, a flashback episode, but mostly a tear jerker. *cry* When I saw this episode it was so had for me to grasp the fact that this series that I had come to know and love was over. (It probably wouldn't been as sad to me if I hadn't seen the first episode air right after this one was over. XD) I was mad that Feeney wouldn't tell the group that he loved them. (Come on Feeney. It's so obvious. You wouldn't do all you did for those guys if you didn't really love them.) I guess he didn't want to start crying. It was really sweet (and sad) at the very end of the episode. When he said, "I love you all. ..... Class dismissed." :) That was the perfect way to the the series finale.
  • With a vital character missing and hardly acknowledged, in addition to confusing ending leaves what could be an exceptional finale to a lost one.

I did not like at all that Angela was never even given the least bit of dignity to be mentioned in this episode, nor was she in any other flashback clips either (she is in one, 'The War', but the scene wasn't particularly about her). Angela played a very key part not only in the show in general, but for Shawn's character. Shawn and Angela enjoyed a thorough relationship since the 5th season. Flashback montages from the time Shawn finds her purse up until the present would of brought back refreshing memories like all the other ones we see throughout this episode. The material they have for Angela has such opportunity to be more extensive than that of Jack's (even though they both came into the 5th season at the same time) and to even give the worthless and forgettable character Rachel a flashback montage (which consisted of about 2 or 3 clips) was upsetting.

The gaping hole missing in this episode is all I could think about. After all the story arcs, episode names sand focus they put for the Angela Moore character, moreso than any additional character besides the main four (Cory, Shawn, Topanga and Eric) she disappears in the finale without so much as a peep. I understand in the precedent episode she leaves to go to Europe, which I didn't like either. Its an out of the blue plot that wasn't fair for the characters and the viewers like myself. Lastly, because Topanga gets an internship in New York, she brings Cory and Shawn along with her. But Cory and Shawn still have two more years left of school -- Eric is the only one that has actually graduated. Though New York isn't that far away from Philadelphia, what sense did it make for them to go back and forth between New York and Pennbrook college? Where would they stay? What money do they have? How could they have afforded this trip? Why was all of Shawn's "stuff" only in a very small bag? How did Topanga manage to go their rooms without them seeing her to begin with?

I don't expect a lot of logic when it comes to Boy Meets World, but even this one was out there.
  • One of the great final episodes in TV history

Just watched this final episode a couple of times today, and it didn't lose its' effectiveness either time. Alone with the first part, Brave New World (1), it was an expanded episode that effectively used scenes from throughout the show's seven years, that display just how far we've come. It shows how much each character has grown, in both age and maturity, from when we first met them all. Finally reaching the last moments, where the four characters we've shared the journey with from the start (or close enough with Topanga) are on their way to New York, but make one last stop in the classroom where they all met. It is in this scene that the lines between acting and reality truly blur, and emotions run high. We are prone to join them in this tearful goodbye, not only because of the goodbyes that they are saying, but because these goodbyes are real. And we cry with them, because of how great the journey was. Before the goodbyes, though, we are treated to one last lesson from Mr. Feeny. -- Believe in yourselves. Dream. Try. Do Good. -- After a tearful goodbye to each of them, individually, Mr. Feeny is left with an empty classroom, where he says, finally -- I love you all. Class dismissed. -- A perfect ending for what has become one of the classic shows in American TV history.
  • Cory fears moving to New York for Topanga's internship, triggering-in flashbacks-a host of memories.Shawn, Jack and Eric have all made big moving plans of their own. But before anyone leaves town, the crew makes one last stop: Mr. Feeny's classroom.

When I saw this episode I also cried. I have to say that the writers chose a good way to end this interesting, lesson learning show. Every episode of Boy Meets World taught at least 1 important lesson. The way they ended it with Mr. Feeny saying he loved them all but the class was empty and they didn't hear him was very sad. I wish the show didn't end but everything has an end at some point and I wish they heard him but the point that they went there to tell Feeny they loved him and to thank him for all his help was a really nice way to end the show. The flash backs were also heart touching.
  • A Beautiful Ending to a Great Show

WOW! I wasn't expecting to cry at all in watching the series finale. But I just couldn't help myself. I can't think of a better way to end this show. The last moments where Cory, Eric, Shawn and Topanga were in their old classroom and said goodbye to Mr. Feeny really choked me up.

It was just so sad to watch it end.Although, I really wanted to Mr. Feeny to tell them all that he loved them in front of their faces. But I was very satisfied and in a way transformed by the final words. "I love you all...Class dismissed". I couldn't have imagined any better words, not too long at all, they were perfect, beautiful, and definitely short and sweet.

Boy Meets World will forever have a place in my heart, and one thing is for sure I will never forget it or the lessons I learnt that came from watching it.
  • Cory and Topanga are moving to new york, eric goes with them, and in the end so does shawn. Flashbacks through the whole thing

I cried the whole episode. including part one. i couldn't beleive cory and topanga were moving to new york. i don't know it was just really wierd. but it was a really really really go episode.

this episode rocked my world! and my tear ducts. if you cry easily have a box of tissues when you watch this episode

• I cried.

Sad... so sad...

It's just so hard to see the gang leave... to split up... for the first time in the series, the boy met world...

The last line in the series was also so dramatic... I couldn't get over it... this was one of the few time where this show which was filled with laughs, stopped the comedy to meet reality... a great episode, and awesome finale, and a sad goodbye...
  • What a way to end it all

I have always been an huge fan of BMW and over the years and out of all the finallys I have watched this one is the best followed close by the friends show. Letting Mr. Fenny finish it all off couldnt have been written any better. "I love you all, class dismissed" definetly a 10\10.
  • This series finale made sure Boy Meets World fans would stay Boy Meets World Fans forever.

Probably the most revealing and emotional aspect of this episode was the flashbacks. Seeing just how they had grown. Besides the obvious Cory/Topanga flashbacks, my personal favorite was the Shawn/Cory flashbacks, showing just how perfect a pair of friends they are. These remiscions reminded me of just how well these two characters played the most important role...the role of the friend. This episode, just the like the series was brilliantly written and sure to touch fanse for years and years and years to come.
  • When I saw this episode i cried. It was so sad to see this wonderful show go off the air. I have taped all the episodes so I can always watch them over and over again!

This was one of the best episodes of Boy Meets World. I can't even begin to imagine what my life would be like without Boy Meets World. It is the best show I have ever seen in my whole life and I will never forget how funny and talented the whole cast is!
  • DA BEST SHOW EVER

I love this show I could watch it a million times if I could but since I gave up on cable I was so sad that I had nothing to to watch (but i had Netflix and stuff) then I looked on Google and asked what app has boy meets world and it popped up it was a miracle
  • Series Finale, part two.

Well here we are, the series finale of Boy Meet World. Things come in full circle which was probably one of the best things about the episode. In the first episode, Cory says he doesn't understand the world, and when he was giving the lecture to Josh, wow, great scene, now he gets it. The last scenes was just amazing. Feeny has been Eric, Topanga, Shawn & Cory's teacher for years, but he's been more than a teacher. A neighbor, a friend, family and it shows how important he was the show and the group, when Topanga broke down crying, I would be surprised if you didn't break down crying too. It was the perfect goodbye, and everyone got to say goodbye the right way.

No disappointments in this finale, which is usually different for other shows. This finale left me satisfied, and glad that it ended so perfectly. I will miss this group of friends for years to come, now in 2010, why not have a reunion? 10 years, come on guys!
  • In the final episode of the long running TGIF show Boy Meets World, Corey, his wife, his family and friends reflect on the past years of their lifes as they prepare to start a new life in New York.

This is one of the best series finales I have seen in my lifetime, and a show I watched from beginning to end. As Corey, Topanga, and Shawn traveled from Middle School all the way through College learning lessons from their family and of course their mentor, Mr. Feeney. I really enjoyed the college years with the introductions of the characters, Jack, Angela, and Rachel. I am glad they made it into the Finale as well. In one of the most beautiful endings to a show, Corey Shawn and Topanga sit in their old Jr. High classroom in the same order they sat for all those years saying goodbye from Mr. Feeney. One by One they went up and said their words and gave him a hug. As they left, an emotional Mr. Feeney ended Boy Meets World with the words "I Love you all". Great ending to a series. 10 out of 10!
  • perfecto

The series finale ends with the gang moving on to bigger and better things. They're going to venture off to a "New World" leaving behind the home they've always known. This includes Mr. and Mrs. Matthews, Morgan, Joshua, and, of course, Mr. Feeny. This was a tearjerker, with a few occasional laughs. I thought it was hysterical when Shawn and Jack's dad talk about the money. Jack: Money doesn't make you rich, life makes you rich. Our father taught us that.
    Chet: I did not, that's stupid! Money makes you rich! You ask anybody "What makes you rich?" "Money!" I got two stupid boys. Y'all are embarrassing me in front of my dead friends. I also love the part where Cory says, "Boy Meets World. Now I get it!"

But I can't imagine another way of ending the series without the flashbacks and then the classroom. They say there goodbyes (que the tears)Then Cory Eric, Shawn, and Topanga leave. Feeny: I love you all. Class dismissed. End Show. In my opinion, perfecto! Boy Meets World
  • This was a tearjerker.

So every one has plans for their life and moving on to bigger and better things. They then realize thats probably gonna be their last time all together as a group of friends, family, next door neribors. I love certain lines in this episode like "You were more then a father then even my father" Topanga said that to Mr. Finney. So they all cried with Mr. Finney because he's the dude man and who knows when the next time they gonna see him again. I love the end when Cory was talking to his little brother and said "Boy meets world", I get it!" That was too cute.
  • In a flashback series final, Boy Meets world bids it's farewell.

Topanga and Cory have decided to move away to NY. Cory bids his family and other friends farwell to the start of a new life. In that time, flashbacks are shown of Cory's life. In this Lifetime series of the world, much has yet to happen for Cory and Topanga in their journey out toward NY, but little has been told upon Cory's life yet. So Cory, Toganga, Shawn, and Eric head out to Mr. Feeny and ask if their is anymore lessons to be learned...
    "Class dismissed", Mr. Feeny says as Boy Meets World walks out the doors into a new life.
  • a very excellent episode!

I have to say that that was a great way to end the series of Boy Meets World. It is very sad thats its done, but you got to love the episode. It has a great plot with everyone moving away and missing each other and their home. You don't get to see a lot of series finales that are this great in the end.

In conclusion, I would like to say thank you for making this series and making so many great episodes that a lot of people loved so much! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
  • It was so sad...

Cory, Topanga, Shawn and Eric prepare to leave to New York. Jack gives up his step-father's money to join the Peace Corps. Everybody says their goodbyes. Chet makes an appearance. Cory talks to Joshua about life and the world. Cory, Topanga, Shawn and Eric say their painful farwells to Mr. Feeny.

This is one of the saddest episodes ever. The last scene really gets me. It was so memorable seeing all the flashbacks. Boy Meets World was a wonderful show and I loved it all the way until the end! This was one of my favorite episodes! It gets a 10 out of 10!
  • The best and most respectable conclusion to a television show I have ever seen. This episode will stay in your heart as an outstanding conclusion to a great television show.

This episode will make you cry or make you feel an intense sense of emotion. The characters on the show say their goodbyes to their friends, family, and Mr. Feeny: the mentor that has been with them since the beginning through thick and thin. The entire experience has been filled with ups and downs and now the characters express their true feelings to their loving mentor. Best conclusion to a series!
  • In the series finale, Cory's moving to New York starts a host of flashbacks and guest spots, including Chet, down from Heaven.

I loved this show, and this was a perfect send off. I hated to see it go, and I still get a little downcast when I watch this one, but still, it was near perfect. There was a great blend of humor and seriousness, and I was thrilled to see all the major characters appear. Some of the moves, like Jack joining the peace corp, seems a bit odd, but hey, it's the series finale. Chet showing up as a ghost is nice, but it would've been good to see Mr. Turner, as he was written out in such an odd way. But, as far as series finales go, this is the cream of the crop.
  • Great episode yet hearth wrenching.

This episode is one of my favorites of all shows. It is heartbreaking because it is the end but the director didnt let it loose the funny quality. It was funny when it needed to be and serious when it needed to be. It was absolutely perfect and I absolutey loved it. The ending was really sad yet it was a fitting end to a great show. It definatly made me cry a little but it was great. I grew up with Boy Meets World and I still watch the reruns on ABC so it was sad that it ended but I guess it was nessisary. 10 out of 10.
  • After seven years of quality porgramming Boy Meets World has come to it's limit.

This episode was such a tearjearker. Cory and Eric saying goodbye to the Matthews, and then Cory telling his little brother, Joshua what, is in store for him. OMG, When Topanga told Mr. Feeny that he was more of a father than her own, my eyes started to well up with tears. This was the best scene across the board in the whole series. When Shawn hugged him, you could see Feeny's eyes light up. I thought Rider gave a strong performance in this scene as well as throughout the series. The Eric/Feeny goodbye was a touch bland, I would've loved to see the rare emotional Eric. Eric and Feeny were very close, their goodbye should have been more heartfelt, instead of trying to score a laugh. The last line " I love you all. Class Dismissed," that was the best line in substance, delivery, and just flat out awesomeness throughout the whole series. I recommend any fan of the show to watch this episode it is a staple of BMW. Also if you watch this episode and then watch the first episode, it helps you really appreciate how far these characters have come. This is by far the best series finale in all of TV. Long Live BMW.
  • So sad

This episode is one of my favorites in the entire series. I love anything with flashbacks, so that made me love it even more. It was very funny to see little clips of highlights throughout the 7 seasons. I loved that it was a good closing to how amazing everything was and everyone had clips of them interacting with their best friends. It's clever the way the writers had Corey realize what "boy meets world" means. Although it was very, very sad to see the characters leave each other and move on to a new life, I still thought of the episode as one of the best.
  • The end of something great...

How sad was watching the final episode of Boy Meets World? It was everyone's favorite show as a kid and continues to be mine. This episode is very well done. I love the flashbacks and all the memories. The part with Jack and Shawn's dad, Chet, speaking as a ghost is hilarious. On the other hand, the very end of the episode is so meaningful and touching. I cried and am not ashamed to admit it. That's the amazing part of this show: it manages to combine laughter and tears all in one episode. Oh how I miss Boy Meets World.
< 1 2