Boy Meets World

Brave New World (2)

Aired Friday 8:30 PM May 05, 2000 on ABC

• With a vital character missing and hardly acknowledged, in addition to confusing ending leaves what could be an exceptional finale to a lost one.

I did not like at all that Angela was never even given the least bit of dignity to be mentioned in this episode, nor was she in any other flashback clips either (she is in one, 'The War', but the scene wasn't particularly about her). Angela played a very key part not only in the show in general, but for Shawn's character. Shawn and Angela enjoyed a thorough relationship since the 5th season. Flashback montages from the time Shawn finds her purse up until the present would of brought back refreshing memories like all the other ones we see throughout this episode. The material they have for Angela has such opportunity to be more extensive than that of Jack's (even though they both came into the 5th season at the same time) and to even give the worthless and forgettable character Rachel a flashback montage (which consisted of about 2 or 3 clips) was upsetting.

The gaping hole missing in this episode is all I could think about. After all the story arcs, episode names sand focus they put for the Angela Moore character, moreso than any additional character besides the main four (Cory, Shawn, Topanga and Eric) she disappears in the finale without so much as a peep. I understand in the precedent episode she leaves to go to Europe, which I didn't like either. Its an out of the blue plot that wasn't fair for the characters and the viewers like myself. Lastly, because Topanga gets an internship in New York, she brings Cory and Shawn along with her. But Cory and Shawn still have two more years left of school -- Eric is the only one that has actually graduated. Though New York isn't that far away from Philadelphia, what sense did it make for them to go back and forth between New York and Pennbrook college? Where would they stay? What money do they have? How could they have afforded this trip? Why was all of Shawn's "stuff" only in a very small bag? How did Topanga manage to go their rooms without them seeing her to begin with?

I don't expect a lot of logic when it comes to Boy Meets World, but even this one was out there.