Boy Meets World

Brothers

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Oct 03, 1997 on ABC

• senior year begins.

7.8
    You can tell Boy Meets World has gotten a new style with the new set changes, a new character, and more emotional episodes. This season starts out quite emotional, this was a Shawn-centric episode, so you just know this is going to be an emotional episode. I realized Topanga doesn't take a big part in the Boy Meets World season premieres, and that's probably for the better to make way for family plots like this. Shawn runs in to Jack, is estranged half brother who is looking for a room mate, much to Cory's advantage, since he's trying to kick Eric out of his room. Meanwhile Jack feels as though he is enabling his son to be a failure when Eric comes home, when he's supposed to be at college, and Jack opens his arms for him, while his wife seems to have a problem with it. So does everyone else, Eric's plot mirrors Shawn's plot when his dad kicks him out, only to find out it was for the better, when by the end he reconciles with his brother, and that probably set Shawn up for success. Eric also moved in, so I think I like the 2 new set changes, definitely gives the show a good feel. This season had a good start, and this was good for a family-centric episode.
ABCFAM