Boy Meets World

Eric Hollywood

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Mar 20, 1998 on ABC

• Eric gets a shot at acting; Shawn feels he can't be friends with Topanga now that she and Cory are not longer together.

After filling the shoes of an injured actor whose injury was because of him in the first place, Eric finds himself to be a talented actor. After doing some Shakesphere plays at Pennbrook and a few good reviews in the papers, Eric get's a proposal from an ABC executive to have a supporting role on a show called "Kid Gets Aquainted With the Universe" (an obvious self-parody of thes show), and then he and Feeny set off to Hollywood, where we go to set and find it's exactly the same as the Matthews home, with Ben Savage and Rider Strong playing "Ben Sandwich" and "Schnieder Strong". Ben is asshat and Schneider is adorable, then Danielle Fishel, whose "Kid Get's Aquainted" name is not said, comes out as the obvious, out-going girl. Eric of course, does not notice any of this. "Schneider and me are wounded birds!", "Make it stop! Make it stop!", and Schneider's fleeing from the set completely made this episode. I've always appreciated how this series can make fun of its flaws, one of which being the classroom thing, it's always bothered me how the classroom only had 9-12 desks, and hearing Feeny criticize that was awesome, even he doesn't notice the exact similarities.

Meanwhile, Topanga takes care of Jack and Shawn while they have the chicken pox, and after Shawn acting distant from Topanga while she is around, fever-stricken Jack slips out that Shawn doesn't her around anymore because he doesn't think they can be friends. While I think this is realistic, it's kind of late in the game. This is the last episode before Cory and Topanga get back together, what ever, they talk it over and become friends again. Just remember next season we'll get to see basically the same thing happen between Cory and Angela!

This is one of the best episodes of Boy Meets World, ever.
ABCFAM