Boy Meets World

Family Trees

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Dec 17, 1999 on ABC

• Perfect!

Shawsn gets a letter from Virna, and he learns she isn't his mother. He tries to track down his mother but he is unable to, making him confused and making him feel lost. Alan and Amy have news: if Shawn wanted they could adopt him.

This is literally a perfect episode. The first half had some good humor, and the second half came pretty close to making me cry, which I rarely if ever do at TV shows. It was just so touching, to me, one of the best episodes of the season, it gets an A+ from me, definitely.
  • Shawn receives a letter from Virna, telling him she's not his "real" mother. Making Shawn to feel that he has no roots. This leads the Matthews to offer to adopt him.

I cry every time I see this ep. Shawn is lost, and adrift, but there's the Matthews family, ready to reel him in, as always. Corey Matthews, to the rescue, ever the faithful best friend. When Alan makes the offer to adopt Shawn, it was one of the most moving moments of the entire series. The "lecture" is another great moment.

Shawn was always, from the beginning, a member of the Matthews family. In this episode, they offer to make it official. Rider Strong's acting in this episode is fantastic. I *STILL* feel that he should have gotten an award for it.

One of my favorite episodes.
  • Shawn is as lost and confused as ever!!

Shawn just found out the mother that he knew (Virna) wasn't his birth mother. When he sends out a search for his possible mother,it didn't have any answers for him. He shows up later at Alan's birthday party drunk and the Matthews offer to adopt him. Then he goes to his fathers grave and "talks" to him. In the end,Shawn refuses the Matthews offer to "keep the hunter dignity."

Overall, this was one of the best episodes!! Eric was so funny with his party plans, especiall the poison! You can see really see how Shawn has grown during the seasons.
  • I loved it!

Shawn finds out that Virna was not his real mother. His birth mother doesn't want to be found. He gets drunk. Alan and Amy offer to adopt him. Cory and Shawn go to the cemetary and Shawn talks to Chet. It's Alan's birthday and Eric is in charge of planning it.

This was a great episode! I can't believe that Virna wasn't his mother! I liked Eric in this episode! He was so funny! I wish Shawn hadn't been drinking, but it was good how Shawn wanted Alan to yell at him. This episode gets a 10 out of 10 from me!
  • shawn has no clue where he's coming from

shawn finds out that he doesnt know who his real parents are. this is such a sad episode because when the matthews offer to adopt shawn, he storms out and angela says that he usually does that. that is SO sad. cory goes after him, and he and shawn get in a big fight. shawn goes to the cemetary (thats a sad scene) then finally goes back to alans birthday party and apologizes. its a sad episode, but SO worth watching
  • I laughed, I cried

This episode is the reason I watched and rewatch the show. I laughed and I cried all in one show. I feel so sorry for Shawn. He has been through so much. It also showed how good of friends Cory and Shawn are. It was Cory that knew that nothing good would come from the letter Shawn got. I think that when the Mathews offered to adopt Shawn it was from their heart and soul. When Cory was behind Santa I had tears in my eyes. I also love the silly antics of Eric. He plays his part so well. Great episode.