Boy Meets World

Father Knows Less

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Oct 08, 1993 on ABC

• Nice

Father-bonding leads Cory to stay up all night, and fall asleep during a test the next day. But Mr. Feeny won't let him make it up.

This wasn't the best episode. Mr. Feeny teaches Mr. Matthews a thing or two in this one. It had a very simple plot, but I don't remember a whole lot of funny dialogue right now. The plot however was very good, and of course, it was pretty well-written. This might be one of the weaker episodes in terms of comedy and funny lines, but overall it was pretty good. So, it gets a perfect score
  • Great episode!

Alan wants to spend more time with Cory. He wakes him up to watch a baseball game and they stay up past midnight. The next day at school, Cory fails a test because he was sleeping through it. Mr. Feeny, at first, tells Alan that it was wrong, but then he remembers a time where his dad wouldn’t let him stay up one night and he figures that it was okay for Cory.

I thought this was a great episode! Spending time with family is really important. I think the act was both right and wrong. He had a good motive; it just wasn’t a good action. This episode was awesome, so I will give it a 10!
  • Great Show, Great Episode, Great Lesson To Be Learned.

Alan Matthews is a very busy man. he works long hours as a supermarket manager, fixes thing around the house, and somehow finds time to spend with his children. When he has to break a promise to cory, he wakes cory up late that night to watch a no-hitter. Cory falls asleep the next day and fails his test. At first alan blames mr. feeny, but soon realizes he was the one at fault. Alan also says a real mean thing, " Maybe if you had a son of your own you would understand,". i thought that was wrong, and Feeny was only doing his job as a teacher, there was no need to ridicule him. Mr. Feeny's story was very touching also. I had forgotten how great of a character he was.
  • Cory stays up late to watch a baseball game with his dad and fails a test the next day

Alan feels he and Cory don't spend enough time together, so he wakes Cory up in the middle of the night to watch a Phillies game with him. Cory then fails a test in Mr. Feeny's class the next day and Mr. Feeny won't let Cory re-take it, even when Alan explains what happened. Did anybody know that the same thing happened to Michael Jacobs, the producer of BMW? I found that out from commentary on one of the DVDs