Boy Meets World Forums

ABC (ended 2000)

ABC Family Takes Off Boy Meets World

neslink

[1]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 5
    According to a rumor posting over at abcfamily's message board, a user said that they are taking it off the programming in september, is this rumor true? How long will Disney have to air it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Favreboyband

[2]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 1
    no they were doing that but they got companlts my parents work for abc/disney same thing i asked hey mom is boy meets world on disney and abc this whole year and she said she will ask my uncle who works with the shows he said yes they were getting rid of it then it got put back due to threats and other stuff also the dvds all seven our out i order it from disney and abc for 40.00

neslink

[3]Aug 21, 2007
    • level: 5
    What kinda threats and where did u get the dvd sets? Only Season 1-3 are out.

Pablo_808

[4]Aug 21, 2007
    • level: 14

Favreboyband wrote:
    no they were doing that but they got companlts my parents work for abc/disney same thing i asked hey mom is boy meets world on disney and abc this whole year and she said she will ask my uncle who works with the shows he said yes they were getting rid of it then it got put back due to threats and other stuff also the dvds all seven our out i order it from disney and abc for 40.00

Um..... What?! I thinks that's all a load of bull what you just said there. I really hope they don't take it off the air. It is one of those shows you just have to watch everyday.

clockworx23

[5]Aug 22, 2007
    • level: 17
    Pablo_808 wrote:

Favreboyband wrote:

Um..... What?! I thinks that's all a load of bull what you just said there. I really hope they don't take it off the air. It is one of those shows you just have to watch everyday.

LOL...The only way to get the entire series on DVD is via bootleg versions. I copped them a couple years ago and although the quality isnt the greatest, its still cool to be able to watch any episode at any time. I do own the real Seasons 2 and 3 on DVD though too. As far as the ABC Family taking it off the air, they were supposed to do it at the start of the Summer with their new schedule including 8 Simple Rules and Sister, Sister but i guess due to complaints or ratings or whatever, they got rid of Sister, Sister and put Boy Meets World back in its perfect 3 to 4 o'clock timeslot. Every September ABC Family usually tweaks their daily schedule and unfortunately according to the link below they ARE in fact taking Boy Meets World off its schedule entirely which really f'n sucks.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/showthread.php?t=207143

Edited on 08/22/2007 12:15pm

downbeat423

[6]Aug 22, 2007
    • level: 6
    I did read on Wikipedia Disney will air the show thru 2008 until their contract is up! We need to get Boy Meets World on Nick @ Nite or The N, Something! I am so sad about this!

downbeat423

[7]Aug 22, 2007
    Ya know, thinking about it, this is why people use torrent! Use BMW for example! It's basicially off the air and dvd's were cancelled so what else can people do?! I'm gonna have to start using torrent myself I guess and burn dvds

clockworx23

[8]Aug 22, 2007
    • level: 17

downbeat423 wrote:
    Ya know, thinking about it, this is why people use torrent! Use BMW for example! It's basicially off the air and dvd's were cancelled so what else can people do?! I'm gonna have to start using torrent myself I guess and burn dvds

Another option if you dont feel like copping bootleg DVDs is to get Tivo/DVR and a DVD Recorder and just DVR all the shows episodes when they air and record them onto blank DVDs.

Edited on 08/22/2007 6:22pm

downbeat423

[9]Aug 22, 2007
    clockworx23 wrote:

downbeat423 wrote:

Another option if you dont feel like copping bootleg DVDs is to get Tivo/DVR and a DVD Recorder and just DVR all the shows episodes when they air and record them onto blank DVDs.

I have a dvd recorder however I'm in high school so thru out the year I cant tape it and If I do I like to do it and cut the commercials out...I bought Seasons 1-3 and if Buena Vista didnt cancel the sets season 7 would be out by this month! Season 1 - August 04
    Season 2 - Nov 04
    Season 3 - Aug 05
    Season 4 - Nov 05
    Season 5 - Aug 06
    Season 6 - Nov 06
    Season 7 - August 07

Favreboyband

[10]Aug 23, 2007
    • level: 1
    it says complete 7 seasons for 40 on a site that i got off google

Pablo_808

[11]Sep 1, 2007
    • level: 14

Favreboyband wrote:
    it says complete 7 seasons for 40 on a site that i got off google

Could you plz give me the link to this supposed "site."

rgn87

[12]Sep 5, 2007
    • level: 8
    downbeat423 wrote:
    clockworx23 wrote:

downbeat423 wrote:

I have a dvd recorder however I'm in high school so thru out the year I cant tape it and If I do I like to do it and cut the commercials out...I bought Seasons 1-3 and if Buena Vista didnt cancel the sets season 7 would be out by this month! Season 1 - August 04
    Season 2 - Nov 04
    Season 3 - Aug 05
    Season 4 - Nov 05
    Season 5 - Aug 06
    Season 6 - Nov 06
    Season 7 - August 07

if you take them off tv though they skip a lot of episodes so you still can't get them all. i've still never seen the thanksgiving one from season 4 or the christmas one from season 5.