Boy Meets World Forums

ABC (ended 2000)

Boy Meets World has Found a New Distributor...DVD Sets are on the way!

downbeat423

[1]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 6

Lionsgate has bought the rights to some of ABC'S most popular primetime shows of the past and present including BOY MEETS WORLD! New Season Sets are in the works!!!! The day has finally come! Two articles announce this! THIS HAS TO BE THE MOST HAPPY I'VE EVER BEEN FOR A DVD RELEASE. Other shows like 8 Simple Rules will also get new season sets as Buena Vista only released season 1!

I repeat, THIS IS NO JOKE! HOPEFULLY, its promoted correctly and the whole series gets released!!!!!!!!!! WE GOTTA SPREAD THE WORD ONCE WE GET OFFICIAL WORD OF THE RELEASE DATES!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117990049.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/news/html/breaking_article.cfm?article_id=13270

The articles feature the same info...here it is!

Continuing its aggressive quest for content, Lionsgate has entered into an agreement with Disney-ABC Domestic Television to distribute to the home entertainment market a selection of prime-time series and library titles.

Season one sets of the sitcom "According to Jim" and the supernatural dramedy "Reaper" are first on the release agenda, coming to DVD on Oct. 21 and Nov. 4, respectively.

The deal is the third TV DVD distribution agreement Lionsgate has cut in the past month, coming on the heels of a first-look partnership with Comcast Entertainment Group that gives Lionsgate distribution rights to programs on E! Entertainment Television, The ****Network and G4. More recently Lionsgate acquired the home entertainment rights to Marvel Entertainment's animated series "Wolvering & The X-Men."

In addition to "According to Jim" and "Reaper," the Disney-ABC Domestic Television deal also includes popular sitcoms and dramas "Hope & Faith," "8 Simple Rules ... for Dating My Teenage Daughter," "Boy Meets World," "October Road," "Kevin Hill," "My Wife & Kids" and "Six Degrees," among others.

"As evidenced by our recent activity, we continue to look for key brands to expand and grow our TV DVD business," Schwartz said.

Since this is Lionsgate's third deal this month, I persume this is a great sign!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mattevt

[2]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 41
    Great find! Thanks for the update. Hopefully BMW will be one of the first out of the gate.

downbeat423

[3]Aug 4, 2008
    No problem. Found the articles up on the sitcomsonline.com messege boards! I'm just so excited about this!

biggestlostfan

[4]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 11
    thats awesome!!!

IndianaMom

[5]Aug 5, 2008
    • level: 54
    Great news! The article I was sent through Google alerts says that they will release the first season of Accoring to Jim and Reaper first. I hope they have more news soon on the rest of the shows.

downbeat423

[6]Aug 5, 2008
    I'm hoping for a late November release but if we don't get that, it'll probably be in the first couple of months of 2009.

SlickRick77

[7]Aug 5, 2008
    • level: 15

downbeat423 wrote:
    I'm hoping for a late November release but if we don't get that, it'll probably be in the first couple of months of 2009.

Funny enough, I was just watching season 3 yesterday, lamenting the fact we'd probably not see the rest of the seasons

bubblyfrog5

[8]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 13
    yes!!! finally! can't wait til they are released

Canogaparkcindy

[9]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 49
    This is the best day of my life!

goldenagenick24

[10]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 17

I honestly can be man enough to say i had tears of joy when i saw this.

Lionsgate,I worship the ground you walk on.I didn't see the point in buying 1,2,and 3 but now i'm getting them all!!!

Wow nobody knows my joy right now.

IndianaMom

[11]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 54
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

Wow nobody knows my joy right now.

I think we do.

jacobp76

[12]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 31
    downbeat423 wrote:

Lionsgate has bought the rights to some of ABC'S most popular primetime shows of the past and present including BOY MEETS WORLD! New Season Sets are in the works!!!! The day has finally come! Two articles announce this! THIS HAS TO BE THE MOST HAPPY I'VE EVER BEEN FOR A DVD RELEASE. Other shows like 8 Simple Rules will also get new season sets as Buena Vista only released season 1!

I repeat, THIS IS NO JOKE! HOPEFULLY, its promoted correctly and the whole series gets released!!!!!!!!!! WE GOTTA SPREAD THE WORD ONCE WE GET OFFICIAL WORD OF THE RELEASE DATES!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117990049.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/news/html/breaking_article.cfm?article_id=13270

The articles feature the same info...here it is!

Continuing its aggressive quest for content, Lionsgate has entered into an agreement with Disney-ABC Domestic Television to distribute to the home entertainment market a selection of prime-time series and library titles.

Season one sets of the sitcom "According to Jim" and the supernatural dramedy "Reaper" are first on the release agenda, coming to DVD on Oct. 21 and Nov. 4, respectively.

The deal is the third TV DVD distribution agreement Lionsgate has cut in the past month, coming on the heels of a first-look partnership with Comcast Entertainment Group that gives Lionsgate distribution rights to programs on E! Entertainment Television, The ****Network and G4. More recently Lionsgate acquired the home entertainment rights to Marvel Entertainment's animated series "Wolvering & The X-Men."

In addition to "According to Jim" and "Reaper," the Disney-ABC Domestic Television deal also includes popular sitcoms and dramas "Hope & Faith," "8 Simple Rules ... for Dating My Teenage Daughter," "Boy Meets World," "October Road," "Kevin Hill," "My Wife & Kids" and "Six Degrees," among others.

"As evidenced by our recent activity, we continue to look for key brands to expand and grow our TV DVD business," Schwartz said.

Since this is Lionsgate's third deal this month, I persume this is a great sign!

I'm so happy now I don't even know what to do
    I've been waiting forever for this. I had been checking tvshowsondvd.com for a year now everyday but I stopped because I lost hope, today I check and its there

goldenagenick24

[13]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 17

Are they gonna all come out at the same time or in intervals.I hope one season at least comes out by late 08

jacobp76

[14]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 31
    goldenagenick24 wrote:

Are they gonna all come out at the same time or in intervals.I hope one season at least comes out by late 08

I don't know if I would count on it. Maybe just maybe if we are all really lucky we might get it by Christmas. But I really doubt that.

Actually I don't care though, I'm just glad I'm gonna have the series on dvd and they are all legal. I feel bad for the people who bought those cheap versions they sold online.

candle_86

[15]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 1
    great news, now i just have to find Seasons 1-3. I watched the show a little, but my parents stopped watching it when i entered the 4th grade in about 96 there abouts to watch something else on, don't even remember the name of the show and since then I havn't been able to catch it. I started watching it again and now need to find the first 3 seasons, and then get the 4th. Though just a question when does the show come on TV anymore, I've been watching it via a site called surfthechannel.

Mattevt

[16]Aug 10, 2008
    candle_86 wrote:
    great news, now i just have to find Seasons 1-3. I watched the show a little, but my parents stopped watching it when i entered the 4th grade in about 96 there abouts to watch something else on, don't even remember the name of the show and since then I havn't been able to catch it. I started watching it again and now need to find the first 3 seasons, and then get the 4th. Though just a question when does the show come on TV anymore, I've been watching it via a site called surfthechannel.

Boy Meets World no long airs in America. Surfthechannel is pretty cool. It's low quality recordings off the TV, but at least it's something for those who don't have all the eps. You can get the first three seasons on DVD (and therefore high quality) from Amazon.

rgn87

[17]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 8
    candle_86 wrote:

i watched on that site and there was no sound

Agent_Ace

[18]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 3
    About time someone pulled this off.It's been such a long time since Season 3's DVD had released.I had been surviving off the TV-Rips for far too long now.Hopefully they bring it out soon enough.Kudos to Lionsgate if they confirm this release.

biggestlostfan

[19]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 11
    candle_86 wrote:

they also have some epis on youtube.com

they still air it in canada on family channel

i hope theres bonus stuff with the dvds, i already taped all the episodes....

Mattevt

[20]Aug 10, 2008
    biggestlostfan wrote:
    i hope theres bonus stuff with the dvds, i already taped all the episodes....

Season 1 was originally supposed to have deleted scenes, bloopers and other extras. Hopefully Lionsgate got a hold of some of that stuff.