Boy Meets World Forums

ABC (ended 2000)

Boy Meets World has Found a New Distributor...DVD Sets are on the way!

futuramarama

[61]Mar 3, 2010
    • level: 37
    CAN'T wait! this is one of my favorite sitcoms, and I REALLY want the rest of the seasons out!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

IndianaMom

[62]Mar 5, 2010
    • level: 54
    Great news!

Collegebound06

[63]May 2, 2010
    • level: 32
    yay hopefully this means the other seasons will come out soon too

Mattevt

[64]Jun 14, 2010
    • level: 41
    Had to come back to announce New News!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Boy-Meets-World-Seasons-1-2-3/13908

No season 4 yet, just a reissue of 1, 2 and 3. But at least it's movement in the right direction.

IndianaMom

[65]Jun 16, 2010
    So excited to hear this. No word on extras. I hope seasons 1 & 2 are the same as the Disney/Buena Vista releases. They need to add more extras to S3. Here's another article about the release.

futuramarama

[66]Jun 19, 2010
    • level: 37
    Totally gonna buy those. I already have a copy of s3, but it is in horrible condition.

Pablo_808

[67]Jun 23, 2010
    • level: 14
    I was originally gonna buy all three already released seasons at this video store, but I suppose I can wait out a bit longer. It should be worth the wait.

IndianaMom

[68]Jun 25, 2010
    Pablo_808 wrote:
    I was originally gonna buy all three already released seasons at this video store, but I suppose I can wait out a bit longer. It should be worth the wait.

Yeah, I'd wait. From what I've seen the prices have been pretty high, since they were hard to find. I've seen the season 1 & 2 DVDs go for $65 or higher. They may have come down now that this announcement has been made. The prices on the new releases are really reasonable.

SillySophie

[69]Jun 25, 2010
    • level: 9
    Twenty bucks per season is a great price especially when most places will have them on sale on top of that. Maybe one of the reasons they didn't get more seasons released the first time around was because they were being sold for three times that amount. I do feel badly for the people who have bought used copies off of eBay or Amazon recently before the re-issue announcement was made.

IndianaMom

[70]Jul 7, 2010
    StateDawgs46 got the following confirmation of the release. He's a level 1, so he can't post on forums just yet. Thanks for letting me post this, StateDawgs46!

StateDawgs46 wrote:
    Hey everyone. First time posting on this site. I viewed all you guys post about Boy Meets World season 1, 2, and 3 on September 7, 2010. I did not believe at first so I had to go get some confirmation. I check on the Barnes and Noble and Best Buy website, and there it was September 7, 2010. (First Confirmation). Still in disbelief, I drove to Barnes and Noble today, the sale representative confirm that it will be out in September. Then I sent an email to Lionsgate for the last confirmation.

IndianaMom

[71]Sep 5, 2010
    All 3 previously released seasons are being re-released Tuesday, Sept. 7. If you don't already own them run out and get these new releases. I'm afraid if they don't sell well that we'll never see season 4 on DVD.

From DVDTown.com:

Viewers who were 'tweens in the 1990s will probably be happy that the popular TV series "Boy Meets World" is finally coming to DVD--and not just the first season, either. Seasons 2 and 3 also become available on Tuesday in an apparent case of confident marketing. They're betting that there are plenty of people out there who want to watch Cory Matthews (Ben Savage), his best friend Shawn (Rider Strong) and sometimes girlfriend Topanga (Danielle Fishel) navigate junior high and then high school.

SillySophie

[72]Sep 13, 2010
    IndianaMom wrote:
    All 3 previously released seasons are being re-released Tuesday, Sept. 7. If you don't already own them run out and get these new releases. I'm afraid if they don't sell well that we'll never see season 4 on DVD.
    Don't worry. Tvondvd.com announced today that season 4 will be released on Dec. 7 of this year. I bet the last few seasons will come out pretty quickly. They wouldn't re-release 3 sets and release a 4th just to stop again.

IndianaMom

[73]Sep 13, 2010
    SillySophie wrote:
    IndianaMom wrote:
    Don't worry. Tvondvd.com announced today that season 4 will be released on Dec. 7 of this year. I bet the last few seasons will come out pretty quickly. They wouldn't re-release 3 sets and release a 4th just to stop again.

Fantastic! HERE is the whole article. It's kind of nice that they announced this on Ben Savage's birthday. The last paragraph has me excited:

Cost is a mere $29.98 SRP, so buying this won't burn a hole in your wallet, either! Want to know something else? Our retailer friends who've passed all of this info on to us also mention that this release will be celebrated with plans for some TV appearances and reunions with the cast members, so keep an eye out on the talk shows and morning news programs for that sort of thing!
    Edited on 09/13/2010 6:35pm

IndianaMom

[74]Sep 27, 2010
    From Boy Meets World's facebook page:

September 27, 2010

Amazon is having a one-day sale on Boy Meets World Seasons 1, 2 and 3 on DVD! Save $2.50 on each season by entering these promo codes at checkout before midnight pacific time today. Sweet!

Season 1: CORYSONE

Season 2: CORYSTWO

Season 3: CORYSTRE

-Cybrus-

[75]Oct 19, 2010
    • level: 10
    Sadly, I missed that sale. But I'm looking at walmart.com and they have each of the first 3 seasons for just at $12 a season, which is a great price considering they were originally selling for like $50 a season. Season 4 is scheduled to be released December 7. Hopefully, we'll get all 7 seasons released this time around.

IndianaMom

[76]Dec 6, 2010
    SEASON 4 IS RELEASED THIS WEEK!!! I hope to get it for Christmas.

SillySophie

[77]Dec 17, 2010
    What happened to the reunion talk show interviews we were supposed to get for season 4? If they want to sell these DVDs they have to advertise them! Blah.

RebaNell

[78]Dec 18, 2010
    • level: 4

I'm kind of mad that they didn't release them to stores. I couldn't find the 4th season, or anyother seasons for that matter, at Walmart, Best Buy, Target, etc. How are they supposed to sell the things if they aren't going to sell them at stores?

IndianaMom

[79]Jan 1, 2011
    I got mine for Christmas. It was purchased at Best Buy. We had looked at Wal-Mart and couldn't find it there. I haven't seen any cast reunions, but I did see an interview with Danielle Fishel on an LA news program. I'm really disappointed in the distribution. There has been no advertisement at all. And the DVD doesn't have any extras, so that's also disappointing. Good thing the episodes are so good.

lamppostslight

[80]Jan 12, 2011
    • level: 12

Season 4 came out? That's awesome! I just got 1, 2, and 3 for Christmas, and I'm really hoping to be able to complete my collection someday. This definitely gives me hope!

It is available at Best Buy. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Boy+Meets+World:+The+Complete+Fourth+Season+[3+Discs]+-+Fullscreen+Dolby+-+DVD/1767696.p?id=2158894&skuId=1767696&st=boy%20meets%20world&lp=1&cp=1

Anyone found a cheaper one, though?