Boy Meets World Forums

ABC (ended 2000)

Cory and Lauren

seashellpoet

[21]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 6
    Mattevt wrote:
    If I might add...

This (Cory and Lauren situation) would not have been a good time for Topanga to have chased Cory, because it was Cory who messed up. I think what people, who have voiced this opinion, wanted was for Cory to not be the one who makes the mistakes all the time.

Good point.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HilljaFuFu

[22]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 22
    Topanga needed something, they needed to at some point developed some kind of sense of humor or friendship or side of her that wasn't just the typical girl tv character.

OilerFan4EVER31

[23]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 2
    count me in as a cory/lauren fan, not forever, but perhaps for several episodes. I think they would've made a good couple for several episodes, and have Cory realize that as nice & sweet as Lauren was, that she just wasn't Topanga, and it would have been fun watching Topanga chase Cory for a few episodes too.

HilljaFuFu

[24]Dec 15, 2006
    Yea, they had Cory and Topanga make up way too fast, he defiantly should 've taken his parents advice and given Lauren a bigger chance instead of just one date.

Mattevt

[25]Dec 16, 2006
    • level: 41
    HilljaFuFu wrote:
    Yea, they had Cory and Topanga make up way too fast, he defiantly should 've taken his parents advice and given Lauren a bigger chance instead of just one date.

We should remember that it was technically Cory who messed up. If any one should be looking elsewhere it should have been Topanga...which she did in Starry Night, and she only had one date as well. We're dealing with television here. The writers knew their audience. Cory and Topanga were the hot item for the targeted demographic. They were kept apart just long enough to attract viewers and build some tension but not long enough for viewers to get frusterated.

HilljaFuFu

[26]Dec 17, 2006

good point.

I guess the difference between the audiences of Boy Meets World and The Office is what has made it ok for The Office to keep Jim and Pam apart.

OilerFan4EVER31

[28]Dec 25, 2006
    • level: 2
    Mattevt wrote:
    HilljaFuFu wrote:

We should remember that it was technically Cory who messed up. If any one should be looking elsewhere it should have been Topanga...which she did in Starry Night, and she only had one date as well. We're dealing with television here. The writers knew their audience. Cory and Topanga were the hot item for the targeted demographic. They were kept apart just long enough to attract viewers and build some tension but not long enough for viewers to get frusterated.

how did cory mess up? Lauren was the one who kissed Cory. yes, he didn't say anything about the letter, but Topanga read the letter before Cory even knew what was in it, how was he supposed to know how intimately the letter was from Lauren, also, what gives Topanga the right to open a letter addressed to Cory, she didn't give him a CHANCE to tell her about the letter. I think Topanga messed up almost as bad, she was the one who told Cory to go out with Lauren to see how he felt about her, he didn't ask for it, yes he listened, but it's good that he listened and went out with Lauren otherwise there could've always been that question (cory's feelings for Lauren and how strong he felt towards her) in their relationship if he hadn't listened. Also, frustration is an emotion, you want as much feedback & response from your audience as you can get, it shows they care, with the audience taking time because they CARE enough to write in about their opinions on the show & the direction it is going, could've been a good thing IMO.

VGFreak8

[30]Jan 6, 2007
    • level: 53
    I think it would have been very interesting if Cory had gone out with Lauren for a while. I really liked her, but I really like Topanga and ultimately would've, of course, wanted Cory and Topanga together, but I think Lauren could've been a nice girlfriend for Cory.
    Edited on 01/06/2007 9:36am

OutOfTheBlue91

[31]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 3
    i think the writers set up the Cory/Lauren situation right, it gave both Cory and Topanga a chance to test the relationship(independently), which was probably needed before they got married....they had been together for so long, how could they know if the relationship was "right," and not just what they were used to.
    I kind of liked the fact that neither of them(C/T) really had a different relationship, but they had a chance to learn more about themselves and their relationship, during the "split"--it gave it all more meaning!!
    --just my opinion, though i havent seen those episodes in a while....so i may be missing something.....

HilljaFuFu

[32]Jan 8, 2007

From season 2 on they did set up the Cory Topanga relationship for the rest of the series...but they could've went back and changed that, fans of this show accepted change well in the past, and I could've accepted him dating Lauren

mcdreamygal24

[33]Jan 9, 2007
    • level: 13

First of all I love Topanga, but I think that it would have been interesting to see the change it caused.

HilljaFuFu

[34]Jan 22, 2007
    Exactly

crashingdown

[35]Jun 14, 2007
    • level: 9
    I wonder that a lot! Lauren and Cory stayed up all night just talking. They had that connection where it wasn't "I'm gonna spend the rest of my life with you because I said so". In this situation you could actually see it, with Topanga it's a little bit harder to see the connection that Lauren and Cory had. I don't think that Cory should've cheated on Topanga, but I don't think that Cory and Topanga should've been together for forever. They should've been able to go out with other people and then be like "Ok, now I know that this isn't what I want". They never went out with other people so how could they really know what it was they wanted? I mean, in that one episode where Topanga spent Christmas with Cory's family you saw how little they really knew each other. Yeah, they were willing to get to know each other better, but Cory really wanted someone who was like himself. Someone he could relate to, not to be the same, but relate to. Topanga really isn't the girl that he can relate to like Lauren is.

Just_Jos

[36]Jun 16, 2007
    • level: 11

It would have been nice to see Cory and Lauren date for a couple of more episodes.

But I'm all about Cory and Topanga being together forever.

OhioChic

[37]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 16
    Cory and Topanga are just one of those types of couples where, things may get rough more than other couples, but, in the end, no matter how they end up, they always come back to each other cause they know that they belong to each other the most, if that made any sense.

DarkNinja1994

[38]Aug 23, 2007
    • level: 27
    Lauren made me angry. I'd be a happy camper if they took her out of the show altogether.

Favreboyband

[39]Aug 23, 2007
    • level: 1
    lauren was hot

luxinlux

[40]Sep 1, 2007
    • level: 3
    I absolutely hated how Cory and Topanga were ALWAYS together. Since I saw that "heartbreak cory" episode, I've always fantasized about Lauren/Cory, cause they just "click," you know? It seemed like he would've been really happy with her if it wasn't for Topanga.