Boy Meets World Forums

ABC (ended 2000)

Eric, Rachel and Jack graduated before the finale right?

  • Avatar of DaVulture

    DaVulture

    [1]Aug 26, 2007
    • member since: 07/08/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 2,445
    I was watching Angela's Ashes and they were all so reluctant about moving and graduating from college so I'm curious did Eric, Rachel and Jack actually graduate before the finale actually took place?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of boymeetsworld33

    boymeetsworld33

    [2]Aug 26, 2007
    • member since: 08/21/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 21
    i dont think so. i guess just like shawn cory and topanga eric is skipping the rest of college to move to NY. and jack and rachel are skipping the rest for the peace core. if you remember the episode where topanga and eric diet i think he was just a junior
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SlickRick77

    SlickRick77

    [3]Aug 26, 2007
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 651

    boymeetsworld33 wrote:
    i dont think so. i guess just like shawn cory and topanga eric is skipping the rest of college to move to NY. and jack and rachel are skipping the rest for the peace core. if you remember the episode where topanga and eric diet i think he was just a junior

    Got this from the summary tothe Season 7 episode "Im gonna be like you, Dad:

    With his college graduation less than four months away, Alan and Amy agree to let Eric work at their wilderness store to gain some real-world working experience. Surprisingly, Eric does great at the store and is really comfortable dealing with customers. In an attempt to get Eric to continue working there, Alan informs his family that he is changing the store's name to Matthews & Son Wilderness.
    Although he claims that he is just proud of his son for doing well, Amy accuses Alan of not having any faith in his own son to pursuewhatever it is that he wants to do. Alan then reveals that he is just worried about Eric being confused like Jack and Rachelwho are also graduating soon

    So, from that it's clear they were seniors, and Im pretty sure they did graduate before the finale (obviously not shown)

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of downbeat423

    downbeat423

    [4]Aug 27, 2007
    • member since: 06/04/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 315
    SlickRick77 wrote:

    boymeetsworld33 wrote:
    i dont think so. i guess just like shawn cory and topanga eric is skipping the rest of college to move to NY. and jack and rachel are skipping the rest for the peace core. if you remember the episode where topanga and eric diet i think he was just a junior

    Got this from the summary tothe Season 7 episode "Im gonna be like you, Dad:

    With his college graduation less than four months away, Alan and Amy agree to let Eric work at their wilderness store to gain some real-world working experience. Surprisingly, Eric does great at the store and is really comfortable dealing with customers. In an attempt to get Eric to continue working there, Alan informs his family that he is changing the store's name to Matthews & Son Wilderness.
    Although he claims that he is just proud of his son for doing well, Amy accuses Alan of not having any faith in his own son to pursuewhatever it is that he wants to do. Alan then reveals that he is just worried about Eric being confused like Jack and Rachelwho are also graduating soon

    So, from that it's clear they were seniors, and Im pretty sure they did graduate before the finale (obviously not shown)



    You also have to figure that Cory, Shawn and Topanga transfer into college in New York! They would be heading into their 3rd year...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MisterMatthews

    MisterMatthews

    [5]Sep 5, 2008
    • member since: 10/21/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 662
    They did graduate from college (although a year to early). I think it was shown in the episode before 'Brave New World'.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tvbliss

    tvbliss

    [6]Sep 6, 2008
    • member since: 09/07/08
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 13
    I feel that its a shame that the show left so many questions unanswered. It would have been better of they had a definite ending to give the viewers some sense of closeur. Like Racheal and Jack joining the peace core out of the blue was an attempt to rush a closing for the show. I just finished watching the entire series (thats kinda why I jointed tv.com) and as much as I love the show I felt like they could have done better with the ending. m2c...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of rgn87

    rgn87

    [7]Sep 6, 2008
    • member since: 08/25/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 406
    i like the clips from the last episode but i agree the fiale seemed rushed
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MisterMatthews

    MisterMatthews

    [8]Sep 11, 2008
    • member since: 10/21/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 662

    rgn87 wrote:
    i like the clips from the last episode but i agree the fiale seemed rushed

    Also, about those clips: Angela didn't appear on one of them. And Jonathan Turner only appeared briefly in one clip, which was mainly about Cory and Shawn fighting (Turner and Eli Williams had to separate them).

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kyfm

    kyfm

    [9]Sep 16, 2008
    • member since: 11/29/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 202
    youre right mistermatthews angela didnt appear how sad she was so such an important part of shawn's life for those last 3 yrs of the show (also glad they didnt even mention her race ever, no racist stuff at all) I read it in a the complete history of primetime network and cable tv shows for boy meets world
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of rowdypiper232

    rowdypiper232

    [10]Aug 19, 2011
    • member since: 08/19/11
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 11

    tvbliss wrote:
    I feel that its a shame that the show left so many questions unanswered. It would have been better of they had a definite ending to give the viewers some sense of closeur. Like Racheal and Jack joining the peace core out of the blue was an attempt to rush a closing for the show. I just finished watching the entire series (thats kinda why I jointed tv.com) and as much as I love the show I felt like they could have done better with the ending. m2c...



    I couldn't agree more. It troubles me most that this was a show about education-not only in the classroom, but in life, love, and family, but the writers wrote off half of college to quickly end the series. When I was younger watching this, it didn't bother me, but now, since I have become obsessed, it troubles me greatly. I wish I could contact the cast.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.