Boy Meets World Forums

ABC (ended 2000)

Funny props or costumes

seashellpoet

[1]Nov 12, 2006
    • level: 6
    Hello all,

I’ve never started a thread before so I thought I would try something light for my first time. OK, here goes: has anyone noticed any funny, strange or interesting props or costumes on BMW? Or are there props/costumes that you wished they had explained?

I have often wondered about the framed photo of the “Trailways Bus” that graced the wall of Chet Hunter’s trailer and was later a fixture in Shawn’s dorm room at college. Why did Chet have this picture in the first place? And why, of all things in the trailer, would Shawn take this with him to college? (If anyone has the answer or a theory just chime in). Anyway, I always thought it was kind of a funny prop ☺

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fullhouse346

[2]Nov 12, 2006
    • level: 15
    Well, I thought Cory's jean jacket was important, the one that he gave to TOpanga when she was moving. Also, I always found Topanga's outfits interesting in the first season. Another prop used more than once was the Matthews family portrait in their living room. You probably have noted that it changed when Lindsay Ridgeway became the new Morgan

seashellpoet

[3]Nov 12, 2006
    Yup, the portrait was kind of a funny prop, too. I did notice that they changed it as the show continued with the new Morgan

-Cybrus-

[4]Nov 12, 2006
    • level: 10
    Eric dressed like a lobster in season one. That was a funny costume, I guess.

Gilmoreism

[5]Nov 12, 2006
    • level: 37
    The signs in the School hallways The "Sex Ed" or "Sex, Ed?" sign in particular.

seashellpoet

[6]Nov 13, 2006
    Gilmoreism wrote:
    The signs in the School hallways The "Sex Ed" or "Sex, Ed?" sign in particular.

I never noticed that one. funny!

fullhouse346

[7]Nov 13, 2006
    I noticed that one right away while back. The sex ed one I mean. It was kind of odd with the question mark...

seashellpoet

[8]Nov 13, 2006
    Speaking of posters, there was actually a lot of funny "wall art" over course of the series. Remember that giant, poster-size color photo of Topanga that Corey had over his bed (when he clearly wasn't over her). And the Celery poster from "Better Than Average Corey". Every time I see that I crack up laughing - Where do you even find a poster of celery?!!

fullhouse346

[9]Nov 13, 2006
    Haha, seashellpoet, I forgot about the celery!! The one where the huge picture of Topanga is on the wall is the Disney World one, The Happiest Show on Earth

rgn87

[10]Nov 13, 2006
    • level: 8
    seashellpoet wrote:
    Speaking of posters, there was actually a lot of funny "wall art" over course of the series. Remember that giant, poster-size color photo of Topanga that Corey had over his bed (when he clearly wasn't over her). And the Celery poster from "Better Than Average Corey". Every time I see that I crack up laughing - Where do you even find a poster of celery?!!

There is similar poster like that on Full House, in Steve's apartment. it's a cartoon drawing of a giant hamburger.

seashellpoet

[11]Nov 13, 2006
    fullhouse346 wrote:
    Haha, seashellpoet, I forgot about the celery!! The one where the huge picture of Topanga is on the wall is the Disney World one, The Happiest Show on Earth

"The Happiest Show on Earth" - Thanks for the title, fullhouse346! And yea, the celery poster is one of my fave funny props
    Edited on 11/13/2006 8:19pm

IndianaMom

[12]Nov 14, 2006
    • level: 54
    The giant lockers outside Mr. Turner's classroom. Could 2 people fit in your locker? Notice that the lockers in the middle of the set are 1/2 size (remember the Locker Genie?).

seashellpoet

[13]Nov 14, 2006
    IndianaMom wrote:
    The giant lockers outside Mr. Turner's classroom. Could 2 people fit in your locker? Notice that the lockers in the middle of the set are 1/2 size (remember the Locker Genie?).

And remember when Shawn outfitted his locker with a piggy-door in "This Little Piggy"!

fullhouse346

[14]Nov 14, 2006
    Yeah, to remembering both of those. Who could forget the Locker Genie?

rgn87

[15]Nov 14, 2006
    i guess i did. What's that?

fullhouse346

[16]Nov 14, 2006
    LOL. . It was in Hometown Hero, when Janitor Bud gave Cory the locker clicker thing when Cory "saved his life"...remember now?

MisterMatthews

[17]Nov 15, 2006
    • level: 5
    fullhouse346 wrote:
    Well, I thought Cory's jean jacket was important, the one that he gave to TOpanga when she was moving. Also, I always found Topanga's outfits interesting in the first season. Another prop used more than once was the Matthews family portrait in their living room. You probably have noted that it changed when Lindsay Ridgeway became the new Morgan

I never noticed that!

rgn87

[18]Nov 15, 2006
    I love eric's costume, when he is Plays with Squirrels. That summed up the Eric character perfect, undeniably stupid yet has a good head on his shoulders.

seashellpoet

[19]Nov 15, 2006
    rgn87 wrote:
    I love eric's costume, when he is Plays with Squirrels. That summed up the Eric character perfect, undeniably stupid yet has a good head on his shoulders.

My fave part of his Plays With Squirrels get-up was the lollipop pendant. When he took a lick from it and then hid it safely IN his overgrown beard, I almost fell out of my seat laughing. Gross but very funny 

alibeth25

[20]Nov 16, 2006
    • level: 26

seashellpoet wrote:
    rgn87 wrote:

My fave part of his Plays With Squirrels get-up was the lollipop pendant. When he took a lick from it and then hid it safely IN his overgrown beard, I almost fell out of my seat laughing. Gross but very funny 

That scene is one of my favorites. I love that. It was so hilarious. Now that I'm thinking of I can't stop laughing.  Some of the costumes I like are from episodes based on the past. When Cory goes back in time. When Topanga goes to a different dimension. And the war episode. I also love it when Cory and Shawn, and Eric and Jack dressed like women. That was pretty funny.

Edited on 11/16/2006 7:00am