Boy Meets World Forums

ABC (ended 2000)

If it doesn't merit it's own thread, put it here.

Mattevt

[1]Apr 1, 2008
    • level: 41

This thread is for notes, links, news etc. that probably won't get discussed in detail.

I'll start it off.

I found this on Wikipedia. It's not specifically BMW relatied but I thought it was interesting.

It's TGIF's wikipedia article. At the bottom, there's a chart that shows the line-ups for each season, since TGIF's inception.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

IndianaMom

[2]Apr 1, 2008
    • level: 54
    Thanks for the link. I think BMW's first year was the best, thou it would have been better with Sabrina, I guess. None of the others were as good as BMW, IMO.

Mattevt

[3]Apr 1, 2008
    I agree. Shows like Clueless, Teen Angel and You Wish, just weren't that great. When Step by Step left the line-up, the only show that fit in (besides BMW) was Sabrina.

-Cybrus-

[4]Apr 2, 2008
    • level: 10
    I used to love TGIF, but agree that it pretty much lost it's appeal after BMW, Full House, Step By Step, and Family Matters went off. In my opinion, those four shows made TGIF worth watching. I also liked Dinosaurs, but that's probably another subject.

IndianaMom

[5]Apr 9, 2008
    -Cybrus- wrote:
    I used to love TGIF, but agree that it pretty much lost it's appeal after BMW, Full House, Step By Step, and Family Matters went off. In my opinion, those four shows made TGIF worth watching. I also liked Dinosaurs, but that's probably another subject.

Actually, Michael Jacobs, one of the creators of Boy Meets World was a writer on Dinosaurs. Maybe the creator too. I'm not sure.

jacobp76

[6]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 31
    Check out the movie little monsters, it has ben and fred savage and ben is about 7 .

Mattevt

[7]Apr 13, 2008
    I think I remember seeing that movie--it had Howie Mandel, the dad from Bobby's World. Ha ha.

A TV movie I remember is "Aliens for Breakfast", with Ben Savage and Sinbad.

Mattevt

[8]Apr 17, 2008

A short, random list I made at work, for no reason.

Eric's aliases (in no order):

Dr. Abraham Shapiro

Dylan Hightower

Sunflower Fortunado

Playswith Squirrels

Kyle

Chantal Dubois

Stupid and Superficial

Chester

If you remember any others, add 'em to the list.

Edited on 04/17/2008 7:23pm

biggestlostfan

[9]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 11
    lol! kyle, that was hilarious! we were actually talking about TGIF in school today, someone got reminded of a show that was on it, and he was like "remember TGIF? naming a couple shows, and then BMW!" i was like, i still watch it! lol

Mattevt

[10]May 4, 2008
    Happy Birthday to Danielle Fishel!

IndianaMom

[11]May 5, 2008
    Mattevt wrote:

Happy Birthday, Danielle! 27 today!

Edited on 05/05/2008 6:17am

SlickRick77

[12]May 5, 2008
    • level: 15

Mattevt wrote:

If I hide inside a giant cake, will someone deliver me to her???

Mattevt

[13]May 5, 2008
    SlickRick77 wrote:

Mattevt wrote:

Only if I can come too.

Hey, thanks to your birthday wish for me, Topanga came to me that night!

SlickRick77

[14]May 5, 2008
    • level: 15
    Mattevt wrote:
    SlickRick77 wrote:

Mattevt wrote:

Only if I can come too. Hey, thanks to your birthday wish for me, Topanga came to me that night!

Well, if you cant get the girl, I guess the bike is a good consolation prize

-Cybrus-

[15]May 19, 2008
    • level: 10

I found a recent article written about BMW. The article doesn't really say anything new, but it's cool that someone would write an article about Boy Meets World today, even though the show has been out of production for 8 years, the re-runs aren't being shown in syndication, DVD releases were cancelled, and none of the actors (except one) have really done anything notable since then.

http://www.dailynexus.com/article.php?a=16508

Edited on 05/19/2008 5:48am

biggestlostfan

[16]May 19, 2008
    • level: 11
    that was a good article, its a shame what happened to some of them

IndianaMom

[17]May 19, 2008
    I saw this article when it came out (I have Ben Savage in my Google Alerts), but I didn't think it was worth posting here. For one thing it's crude, but maybe that's typical for state college newspapers, I don't know. For another thing, the author makes the stars look pathetic. He doesn't mention the movies they've made, and Rider's film career has been fairly successful. Ben has made a couple of movies too, but I haven't heard if they've been released. Danielle's career has not been stellar, but she's probably doing something worthwhile. And William Daniels (why couldn't he mention his name?) was the president of the Screen Actor's Guild for several years. I think that's worth mentioning. The author should have dug deeper to find out what they are really doing today, not just what he's read on the internet. Any one of us could have written that article, but I think we would have left the show's stars with much more dignity.

Mattevt

[18]May 19, 2008

Eh...actually, Rider Strong has been doing quite well for himself lately. He recently wrote, directed, produced and starred in the short film "Irish Twins", with his brother, Shiloh. The film was shown at Tribeca and received positive reviews.

I think Danielle is in a good place for her, I guess. There's not really many roles for her to play--and being a Tyra correspondent can't be that bad of a job.

We all know that Will Friedle is doing well.

Ben Savage has most recently starred in two movies: Car Babes (with Blake Clark, no less) and Palo Alto (with Tom Arnold). Car Babes has yet to see a DVD release (it's prelisted on Amazon already, though). Palo Alto has not been fully completed, but it has been screened at the Austin Film Festival and UCLA. Both movies look pretty good from what I've seen. The Car Babes trailer was funny, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Here is a link to the Palo Alto blog. There're some pics of Ben at appearances and screenings. I found the blog itself pretty interesting.

I have the movie he did with Matt Czuchry and Elisabeth Harnois, "Swimming Upstream". It was just OK, but it had its moments.

And that's the end of my rambling.

Edited on 05/19/2008 9:19pm

Mattevt

[19]May 19, 2008

IndianaMom wrote:
    I saw this article when it came out (I have Ben Savage in my Google Alerts), but I didn't think it was worth posting here. For one thing it's crude, but maybe that's typical for state college newspapers, I don't know. For another thing, the author makes the stars look pathetic. He doesn't mention the movies they've made, and Rider's film career has been fairly successful. Ben has made a couple of movies too, but I haven't heard if they've been released. Danielle's career has not been stellar, but she's probably doing something worthwhile. And William Daniels (why couldn't he mention his name?) was the president of the Screen Actor's Guild for several years. I think that's worth mentioning. The author should have dug deeper to find out what they are really doing today, not just what he's read on the internet. Any one of us could have written that article, but I think we would have left the show's stars with much more dignity.

Truth.

My main qualm is that the article was very superficial, like you said. It doesn't take much research to find out that they're all doing OK (See my above post). I mean, even if Ben Savage quits acting, he still has a killer degree to fall back on. As does Rider.

Edited on 05/19/2008 9:17pm

IndianaMom

[20]May 19, 2008
    Mattevt wrote:

Eh...actually, Rider Strong has been doing quite well for himself lately. He recently wrote, directed, produced and starred in the short film "Irish Twins", with his brother, Shiloh. The film was shown at Tribeca and received positive reviews.

I think Danielle is in a good place for her, I guess. There's not really many roles for her to play--and being a Tyra correspondent can't be that bad of a job.

We all know that Will Friedle is doing well.

Ben Savage has most recently starred in two movies: Car Babes (with Blake Clark, no less) and Palo Alto (with Tom Arnold). Car Babes has yet to see a DVD release (it's prelisted on Amazon already, though). Palo Alto has not been fully completed, but it has been screened at the Austin Film Festival and UCLA. Both movies look pretty good from what I've seen. The Car Babes trailer was funny, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Here is a link to the Palo Alto blog. There're some pics of Ben at appearances and screenings. I found the blog itself pretty interesting.

I have the movie he did with Matt Czuchry and Elisabeth Harnois, "Swimming Upstream". It was just OK, but it had its moments.

And that's the end of my rambling.

Thanks for the link to Palo Alto. It's been so long since I've heard anything about it I wondered if the whole project was dropped. It looks like they're getting close to finishing it. What I've seen of Car Babes looks pretty good. I never found anything about it being released to theaters. If it ever was released it didn't last long. Hopefully the DVD will come out soon so we can see it.