Boy Meets World Forums

ABC (ended 2000)

THE SECOND Questions & Comments Thread...POST ALL QUESTIONS HERE - F.A.Q

diamonddiva891

[1]Jun 18, 2006
    • level: 12

Okay, this is a duplication of the old questions and comments thread we use to have here.  Due to the amount of repetitive questions being asked it was created (the idea was re-thought of by SlickRick77 .)  These are used on a lot of the bigger and more populated forums, and I think it's a good idea to have one here.  You can ask any questions here, or discuss ANY topic you'd like as well as posting ideas for threads you think may be useful on the board.  If you're looking for something in particular ask it here, if it's still not replied to, well then create a new thread. 

Popular F.A.Q.:

1) Anything About Season 4 on DVD
    2) The Morgans
    3) The Topanga Weight Issue (even though I think it's ridiculous)
    4) Characters that Annoyed You
    5) What happened to
                  - Minkus
                  - Mr. Turner
                  - Baby Josh

As well as some other things. 

So here you go, ask away!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

IndianaMom

[2]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 54

Last night I was catching up on some episodes that I taped, and watched the wedding and the eps surrounding it. I loved seeing Cory and Topanga get married, and I liked the whole thing with Eric being jealous, but I feel my intelligence is being insulted with the storyline about Eric planning the wedding and following C&T on their honeymoon. It's just so stupid.

I posted this here because I know Eric's stupidity has been discussed a lot.

I stopped watching after the honeymoon because I really don't like the way C&T act when they first get back. See my review of The Honeymoon is Over here. http://www.tv.com/boy-meets-world/the-honeymoon-is-over/episode/17935/reviews.html?review_id=101590

diamonddiva891

[3]Jun 21, 2006
    IndianaMom wrote:

Last night I was catching up on some episodes that I taped, and watched the wedding and the eps surrounding it. I loved seeing Cory and Topanga get married, and I liked the whole thing with Eric being jealous, but I feel my intelligence is being insulted with the storyline about Eric planning the wedding and following C&T on their honeymoon. It's just so stupid.

I stopped watching after the honeymoon because I really don't like the way C&T act when they first get back. See my review of The Honeymoon is Over here. http://www.tv.com/boy-meets-world/the-honeymoon-is-over/episode/17935/reviews.html?review_id=101590

I really didn't like them after the honeymoon either, the honeymoon was actually probably the weirdest episode ever. It just didn't seem real I guess.

Mattevt

[4]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 41
    IndianaMom wrote:

I liked your review, it was insightful and pointed out a lot of things that people could have overlooked.

IndianaMom

[5]Jun 21, 2006

Mattevt wrote:
    I liked your review, it was insightful and pointed out a lot of things that people could have overlooked.

Thank you very much.

SlickRick77

[6]Jun 21, 2006
    • level: 15
    IndianaMom wrote:

Mattevt wrote:

Thank you very much.

Likewise. Great review.

As Ive stated before, this is why the wedding should have been the LAST episode.

Mattevt

[7]Jun 21, 2006
    SlickRick77 wrote:
    IndianaMom wrote:

Mattevt wrote:

Thank you very much.

Likewise. Great review.

As Ive stated before, this is why the wedding should have been the LAST episode.

You had mentioned this before, and at first i wasn't sure I liked the idea. However, now that I think about it, I think you're right, with a little restructuring and a little (or a lot)bit of thought, it could have produced a desirable result, instead of dragging the season on and on. One thing though, I think it should have been the second to last episode I liked the way the series ended, I just didn't really like how it got there.

diamonddiva891

[8]Jun 21, 2006
    Mattevt wrote:
    SlickRick77 wrote:
    IndianaMom wrote:

Mattevt wrote:

Thank you very much.

Likewise. Great review.

You had mentioned this before, and at first i wasn't sure I liked the idea. However, now that I think about it, I think you're right, with a little restructuring and a little (or a lot)bit of thought, it could have produced a desirable result, instead of dragging the season on and on. One thing though, I think it should have been the second to last episode I liked the way the series ended, I just didn't really like how it got there.

I agree 10000%. I was actually going to say that but you typed it for me - thanks lol.

IndianaMom

[9]Jun 23, 2006
    I agree that the show went downhill, but I did like seeing Cory & Topanga work things out after they were married. It was a good example.

IndianaMom

[10]Jun 23, 2006

I was doing a Google image search and came across this German site.

http://www.rtl2.de/start.html?page=http://www.rtl2.de/4382_das_leben_und_ich_galerie.php&Color=000000

I love the picture, but it's weird seeing the caption in German.

SlickRick77

[11]Jun 23, 2006
    Mattevt wrote:
    SlickRick77 wrote:
    IndianaMom wrote:

Mattevt wrote:

Thank you very much.

Likewise. Great review.

Yeah, Im with you Matt. The finale was good, and it made sense in terms of closure.

You mentioned restructuring and I actually had one intresting thought.... what if when Topanga's folks came with the divorce announcement, it was CORY who called things off?

Think about it, the seeds of doubt about marriage were already there (as seen in The Psychotic Episode) Wouldn't it make sense for him to see her parents marriage fall apart and think that maybe his fears of missing out on things when he was still young and ending up unhappy would be justified?

I also like the idea of Topanga having to chase Cory for once. It would be a welcome change from the usual scenario of Cory having to go insaine trying to win her back (fter all he had to win her back twice (Season 3 and then the Lauren thinng in season 5)

Perhaps they could have rode this development until mid season 7 before resolving it and having the aformentioned wedding as the second to last episode like you suggested.

Sorry if that was longwinded.

Matt, Id love to hear your thoughts on this.

Mattevt

[12]Jun 23, 2006
    SlickRick77 wrote:
    Mattevt wrote:
    SlickRick77 wrote:
    IndianaMom wrote:

Mattevt wrote:

Thank you very much.

Likewise. Great review. As Ive stated before, this is why the wedding should have been the LAST episode.
    I also like the idea of Topanga having to chase Cory for once. It would be a welcome change from the usual scenario of Cory having to go insaine trying to win her back (fter all he had to win her back twice (Season 3 and then the Lauren thinng in season 5) Perhaps they could have rode this development until mid season 7 before resolving it and having the aformentioned wedding as the second to last episode like you suggested.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

That was one of the things that bothered me: Cory always chasing Topanga. I think it would have been great to reverse the rolls. Also, the way you describe it, I think the timing would have been right at this point in the series for that to happen. All the drama of past seasons with Cory chasing Topanga, is then reveresed on the fans. The fans would be waiting for reconciliation and they would get it in the form of the wedding. Then keep the end of the series as it is.

SlickRick77

[13]Jun 23, 2006
    Thanks for the feedback.

I can understand in the earlier seasons Cory having to play the role of lovesick screw-up, but from a realistic standpoint, the writers got lazy. I mean, you're telling me that Cory would NEVER once be in the situation where he is in control and where Topanga would ever have to win him over?

Back on the wedding subject, The other gripe that REALLY kills me is the wedding episode itself.

After 7 years of the Cory/Topanga saga, that was the payoff? That's the best they can do? Look, I understand as a comedy it couldnt be perfect, and the show itself always had that "wacky" dynamic to it, but the wedding was WAY too over the top.

I remember watching it and thinking that it had to be a dream sequence or something...then sadly realizing that it wasnt. I could name 10 things off the top of my head that were totally rediculous about it

diamonddiva891

[14]Jun 23, 2006
    SlickRick77 wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback.

I can understand in the earlier seasons Cory having to play the role of lovesick screw-up, but from a realistic standpoint, the writers got lazy. I mean, you're telling me that Cory would NEVER once be in the situation where he is in control and where Topanga would ever have to win him over?

Back on the wedding subject, The other gripe that REALLY kills me is the wedding episode itself.

After 7 years of the Cory/Topanga saga, that was the payoff? That's the best they can do? Look, I understand as a comedy it couldnt be perfect, and the show itself always had that "wacky" dynamic to it, but the wedding was WAY too over the top.

I remember watching it and thinking that it had to be a dream sequence or something...then sadly realizing that it wasnt. I could name 10 things off the top of my head that were totally rediculous about it

amen.

SlickRick77

[15]Jun 23, 2006
    Hahaha. Im thinking of writing a review for that episode

IndianaMom

[16]Jun 23, 2006
    Do it. You evidently have a lot to say.

SlickRick77

[17]Jun 23, 2006

Ive been toying with one for the last little while and it comes off like a giant rant. Truthfully, there are way too many things I could harp on if I wanted to. Ill probably watch it again and then pick out the really stupid stuff to go on. Im thinking of not so much reviewing but making a list of things I hated about it,followed by a breif explaination.

Lol. Me, you, DiamondDiva and Matt should have our own Boy Meets World Roundtable discussion show on tv

Edited on 06/23/2006 10:56pm

IndianaMom

[18]Jun 24, 2006
    SlickRick77 wrote:

Ive been toying with one for the last little while and it comes off like a giant rant. Truthfully, there are way too many things I could harp on if I wanted to. Ill probably watch it again and then pick out the really stupid stuff to go on. Im thinking of not so much reviewing but making a list of things I hated about it,followed by a breif explaination.

Lol. Me, you, DiamondDiva and Matt should have our own Boy Meets World Roundtable discussion show on tv

LOL. Sounds good. I've been thinking we should have our own forum so we don't have newbies repeating the same questions all the time.

diamonddiva891

[19]Jun 24, 2006
    IndianaMom wrote:
    SlickRick77 wrote:

LOL. Sounds good. I've been thinking we should have our own forum so we don't have newbies repeating the same questions all the time.

Haha sounds good to me! I'm hoping the F.A.Q thread will catch on soon...

Mattevt

[20]Jun 25, 2006
    If this thread falls too far just be sure to bump it up to keep it visible.

so..."bump".