Boy Meets World Forums

ABC (ended 2000)

The Whole Angela kissing Cory thing

ILoveDemi4ever

[1]Jul 12, 2008
    • level: 11
    Let me ask you this question, How could have Cory been cheating on Topanga if Angela was the one who kissed him? Technically he didn't do anything wrong. Earlier before that Angela said this "So you think that two friends can't kiss without having any feelings towards one another? He answered yes. So she kissed him to prove a point and when she asked him if he felt anything he said no but this is what I think. Cory might have lied to her about not feeling anything because the expression on his face was like "Yeah I loved it." What do you think would have happened if he said yes? Everything would have changed between them just like that. Remember when she asked him this, "Did you ever have any feelings about me as more then just a friend." maybe that was not exact but it was close. As soon as he said "Oh Yeah" I knew right away what the dream about him and Angela was about because those words kind of gave a huge hint. It would have been funny if Angela had asked him what happened in his dream? I would have laughed so hard until I cried. I also have seen many of you mention something about if Topanga wasn't in the show he might have gotten in a relationship with Angela instead but that would have only happened if Shawn was single. I also did think Cory had feelings about Angela because maybe there was something he saw in her her thats different from Topanga. We never found out about how Angela felt after she kissed Cory. A small kiss or even a bigger one could make a person feel differently about the person they kissed. I also think that Cory tried to hide the fact that he loved the kiss and actually felt something. Who knows how she kissed him like if it was passionate, romantic, slow, if it was a French kiss,etc. She seemed really into it from the looks of it, well she was right on top of him and thats what couples do anyways. I still think they liked/loved each other as more then a friend but were afraid to admit it because they were both taken unless the couples switched like Shawn and Topanaga and Cory and Angela being together. I used to be a Cory/Topanga shipper but now I am a Cory/Angela shipper even though the show is over but hey there are still fanfics right?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mattevt

[2]Jul 12, 2008
    • level: 41
    First: I don't think we can gauge a characters interest by the faces they make. Remember, that is the actors portrayal--not necessarily what the character is thinking.

Second: Angela's only purpose was a love interest for Shawn. If Cory doesn't end up with Topanga, my guess would be the second option is Wendy.

Third: This whole discussion really depends on how one interprets dreams. Cory only thought of Angela as more than a friend in his dream. If one doesn't have control over the dream, the dream doesn't have to mean something.

Lastly: Cory said he felt nothing when Angel kissed him. He said it felt "nice", but not like kissing Topanga.

Angela was trying to help Cory get over the fact that Shawn and Topanga had to kiss in the Pennbrook promotional video. Remember? Cory was crazy with jealousy. She wasn't coming on to him, she was showing him that kiss doesn't have to mean anything.

----
    Also: there are fanfics elsewhere, but they aren't allowed on this board.

shelley06

[3]Jul 12, 2008
    • level: 21

Angela only kissed Cory to show him that two friends can kiss and have it not mean a thing. If one or both of the pair felt something....that would defeat the purpose of what Angela was trying to prove, and defeat the purpose of that entire plot. IMO, the writers,etc showed no signs of having Angela and Cory be interested in each other--in the least. They were both in love with Shawn and Topanga, respectively.

Edited on 07/12/2008 6:07pm

biggestlostfan

[4]Jul 12, 2008
    ya it was just to prove that 2 friends kissing doesnt have to mean that you will have serious feelings for them

erinlouise

[5]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 8
    ILoveDemi4ever wrote:
    Let me ask you this question, How could have Cory been cheating on Topanga if Angela was the one who kissed him? Technically he didn't do anything wrong. Earlier before that Angela said this "So you think that two friends can't kiss without having any feelings towards one another? He answered yes. So she kissed him to prove a point and when she asked him if he felt anything he said no but this is what I think. Cory might have lied to her about not feeling anything because the expression on his face was like "Yeah I loved it." What do you think would have happened if he said yes? Everything would have changed between them just like that. Remember when she asked him this, "Did you ever have any feelings about me as more then just a friend." maybe that was not exact but it was close. As soon as he said "Oh Yeah" I knew right away what the dream about him and Angela was about because those words kind of gave a huge hint. It would have been funny if Angela had asked him what happened in his dream? I would have laughed so hard until I cried. I also have seen many of you mention something about if Topanga wasn't in the show he might have gotten in a relationship with Angela instead but that would have only happened if Shawn was single. I also did think Cory had feelings about Angela because maybe there was something he saw in her her thats different from Topanga. We never found out about how Angela felt after she kissed Cory. A small kiss or even a bigger one could make a person feel differently about the person they kissed. I also think that Cory tried to hide the fact that he loved the kiss and actually felt something. Who knows how she kissed him like if it was passionate, romantic, slow, if it was a French kiss,etc. She seemed really into it from the looks of it, well she was right on top of him and thats what couples do anyways. I still think they liked/loved each other as more then a friend but were afraid to admit it because they were both taken unless the couples switched like Shawn and Topanaga and Cory and Angela being together. I used to be a Cory/Topanga shipper but now I am a Cory/Angela shipper even though the show is over but hey there are still fanfics right?

I'm lost.

Mattevt

[6]Jul 13, 2008
    erinlouise wrote:
    ILoveDemi4ever wrote:

I'm lost.

ILoveDemi4ever

[7]Jul 14, 2008
    erinlouise wrote:
    ILoveDemi4ever wrote:

I'm lost.

On what?

Mattevt

[8]Jul 15, 2008
    First you ask: "How could Cory have cheated on Topanga if Angela was the one who kissed him." I don't know of anyone who said Cory cheated on Topanga, with Angela.

The rest is just far reaching conjecture.

ILoveDemi4ever

[9]Jul 15, 2008
    Mattevt wrote:
    First you ask: "How could Cory have cheated on Topanga if Angela was the one who kissed him." I don't know of anyone who said Cory cheated on Topanga, with Angela.

Yeah they did say that on a different message board and some on here did too.

Mattevt

[10]Jul 15, 2008
    ILoveDemi4ever wrote:
    Mattevt wrote:

OK, you are correct I did find that thread (as it is, this converation should have been posted in said thread). Cory did not cheat on Topanga with Angela; just like Topanga did not cheat on Cory with Shawn. I don't believe there is any other way to look at it. As I said before: A Cory/Angela "ship" is far reaching.

ILoveDemi4ever

[11]Jul 15, 2008
    Mattevt wrote:
    ILoveDemi4ever wrote:
    Mattevt wrote:

OK, you are correct I did find that thread (as it is, this converation should have been posted in said thread). Cory did not cheat on Topanga with Angela; just like Topanga did not cheat on Cory with Shawn. I don't believe there is any other way to look at it. As I said before: A Cory/Angela "ship" is far reaching.

Thats what I said in my post about him not cheating on her.

Mattevt

[12]Jul 15, 2008
    ILoveDemi4ever wrote:
    Mattevt wrote:
    ILoveDemi4ever wrote:
    Mattevt wrote:

I took this from your first post:

:
    "I also did think Cory had feelings about Angela because maybe there was something he saw in her her thats different from Topanga. We never found out about how Angela felt after she kissed Cory. A small kiss or even a bigger one could make a person feel differently about the person they kissed. I also think that Cory tried to hide the fact that he loved the kiss and actually felt something."

I disagree with this statement, that's all. I can kind of see where you're coming from, but Topanga and Cory were pretty much married from the start.

aboutmeandme

[13]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 1
    abc family please bring the show back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ILoveDemi4ever

[14]Jul 16, 2008
    Mattevt wrote:
    ILoveDemi4ever wrote:
    Mattevt wrote:
    ILoveDemi4ever wrote:
    Mattevt wrote:

I took this from your first post:

:
    "I also did think Cory had feelings about Angela because maybe there was something he saw in her her thats different from Topanga. We never found out about how Angela felt after she kissed Cory. A small kiss or even a bigger one could make a person feel differently about the person they kissed. I also think that Cory tried to hide the fact that he loved the kiss and actually felt something."

I disagree with this statement, that's all. I can kind of see where you're coming from, but Topanga and Cory were pretty much married from the start.

That I understand. It would have been a great twist if they switched couples.

biggestlostfan

[15]Jul 16, 2008
    aboutmeandme wrote:
    abc family please bring the show back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone please bring the show back!!!

its still airing in canada though, so i cant complain

huh920

[16]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 21

Mattevt I really dont think ILoveDemi4ever was asking if there are fanfics on here. I think she/he was trying to say that she/he still supports Cory/Angela and will read fanfics. They meant it in a general sense. Shipping Cory/Angela is a huge step but I know people who ship two characters that barely speak to each other but the person likes their "chemistry".

ILoveDemi4ever I never got that Angela had feelings for Cory or vice versa. I think that show made it obvious the way that Cory felt about Topanga and how Angela felt about Shawn. I think they would have made it clearer if there was any kind of hidden feelings between the two.

Edited on 07/27/2008 9:49pm

rowdypiper232

[17]Aug 19, 2011
    • level: 2

Mattevt wrote:
    Remember? Cory was crazy with jealousy. She wasn't coming on to him, she was showing him that kiss doesn't have to mean anything. ---- Also: there are fanfics elsewhere, but they aren't allowed on this board.

Unnndddaaaaapaaaaaanntttsss!