Boy Meets World Forums

ABC (ended 2000)

Where Are They Now?

IndianaMom

[1]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 54
    I wanted to start a new thread where we can share information about what the actors from BMW are doing now. I've always added these kinds of things to the "If it doesn't merit its own thread..." thread, but I think we should start a new one.

The big news today is from Will Friedle. He says that he is done with on-camera work. He's doing exclusively voice overs for cartoons and video games. See a terrific interview in Media Blvd. Magazine.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mattevt

[2]Dec 14, 2008
    • level: 41
    Whoa, thanks for the link!

Um...everything that Rider is up to is most likely on his myspace page. In a brief correspondence via myspace that he most likely doesn't remember, Rider told me that he was enrolled at Bennington College in Vermont. However, he's in a "low-residency" program, so he's only in VT twice a year.

IndianaMom

[3]Dec 17, 2008
    Danielle Fishel left her handprints at Planet Hollywood in Times Square. PICTURES

Mattevt

[4]Dec 22, 2008
    IndianaMom wrote:
    Danielle Fishel left her handprints at Planet Hollywood in Times Square. PICTURES

I read about that earlier. I mean, I love Danielle, but I just don't see why she was one of the people to do that.

IndianaMom

[5]Jan 14, 2009
    The movie Palo Alto, starrying Ben Savage will be released direct to DVD on February 17. This movie was made by college-age guys about college-age guys, and has been in the works since 2006. It's definitly a teen movie, and evidently not that great. See an article with a review HERE.
    Edited on 12/04/2009 6:48am

DaVulture

[6]Jan 15, 2009
    • level: 23

I've seen Will and Rider do some pro-Obama commercials, Rider directed it. Kind of cool. Here's the link with Will in it. Rider's definitely got a talent in directing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_1OLY1S_3k

Here's the one with Rider on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BncNpB6IZ9I&feature=related

I saw Danielle Fishel on Fuse for some countdown about the best bodies in music or something like that.

Ben Savage was on Chuck recently and was kind of actually pretty funny. I think I saw a picture of him hanging out with Matthew Lawrence of BMW, which is kind of cool although who would have figured that he was the closest to Jack of all the cast in the series.

Edited on 01/15/2009 11:36pm

DaVulture

[7]Jan 16, 2009
    • level: 23

Danielle Fishel was also recently on the soup. Here's a link of that.

I think she's hosting a new show on the style network called the Dish.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/the_soup/index.html

IndianaMom

[8]Jan 17, 2009
    Some of those items were brought up in the other thread. I've seen Danielle in her new show. She's pretty good, but it's not my kind of show.

brybell

[9]Jan 22, 2009
    • level: 15
    rider strong was in an episode of bones

IndianaMom

[10]Feb 2, 2009
    Ben Savage's movie, Palo Alto, will be released direct to DVD on February 17.

Mattevt

[11]Feb 9, 2009

IndianaMom wrote:
    Ben Savage's movie, Palo Alto, will be released direct to DVD on February 17.

I've been waiting a long time for this, I'd almost lost interest. His other most recent movie, Car Babes, was alright. Not something I'd watch more than once.

RidersAngel

[12]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 17

"Doubting Thomas: Lies and Spies" just came out on video. Rider co-starred as a substitute teacher in it. It's a pretty good kids movie. I watched it recently out of curiosity and although it was not my type of movie, it was nice to see Rider play a role like that.

"H2O Extreme", a movie Rider worked on last year about wake boarding, just came out with an official site and trailer. I also read that they were working on getting it released. It was posted recently on IMDB, as well, that another film he worked on, "Cosmic Radio" is in "TV development" and possibly being released soon.

Edited on 02/18/2009 6:49pm
    Edited 2 total times.

SunsprayHoney

[13]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 12
    I usually go to IMDb for info on everybody. You can see their upcoming projects as well as visit their board to see what the die-hard fans know.

jkashuba

[14]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 7
    Ben was in a episode of "Chuck" (the best TV Show on the air at the moment) last year! I never realized how short he is, al though the cast of Chuck, almost everyone is tall!

IndianaMom

[15]Mar 3, 2009
    jkashuba wrote:
    Ben was in a episode of "Chuck" (the best TV Show on the air at the moment) last year! I never realized how short he is, al though the cast of Chuck, almost everyone is tall!

That's true. And most of the cast of BMW was on the short side.

IndianaMom

[16]May 22, 2009
    There's an interview with Danielle Fishel HERE. Besides hosting The Dish and making appearances on E's Daily 10 she is going to college to get her associate's degree in psychology.

Danielle Fishel,Boy Meets World,The Dish

IndianaMom

[17]Dec 15, 2009
    Ben Savage Sighting!

American Idol winner Kris Allen freaked out when he met Ben Savage recently. HERE'S the link. I'll copy the story below.

Kris Allen and Ben Savage

Kris Allen Meets Former 'Boy Meets World' Star In An Airport
    Posted 12/11/09 10:09 am ET by Kyle Anderson in Music

In his role as the winner of "American Idol" and the man behind an excellent self-titled debut album, Kris Allen has come in contact with a number of huge stars. Kanye West, Kelly Clarkson, Miley Cyrus and Stevie Wonder all visited "Idol" during Allen's season, and he got to work with some of his favorite artists on his debut album. But on Thursday (December 10), Allen encountered a star that made him freak out just a little bit. While in transit for the Z100 Jingle Ball on Friday night at New York's Madison Square Garden, Allen ran into former "Boy Meets World" star Ben Savage and snagged a picture with the actor.

"Do not freak out Ben Savage. Do not freak out Ben Savage. Do not freak out Ben Savage," he wrote on his Twitter page. Allen followed that tweet up with a photo of him and Savage. The "Live Like We're Dying" singer looks genuinely thrilled to be in the presence of Savage, who spent seven years as Cory Matthews on "Boy Meets World" and has since made a bunch of guest spots on a bunch of different TV shows, including "Without a Trace" and "Chuck."

Allen will share the Madison Square Garden stage with Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber and Boys Like Girls (among others) and promised that the concert would be an impressive one. "If the world doesn't explode after the amazing show tomorrow night at Z100 Jingle Ball then it never will," he tweeted.
    Edited on 12/15/2009 4:59pm

IndianaMom

[18]Dec 18, 2009
    William Russ (Alan Matthews) just recently joined the cast of The Young and the Restless, yet the part is being re-cast so the writers can "go in a different direction." I wish him well, whatever he does next.

Photobucket
    Edited on 12/18/2009 7:14am

IndianaMom

[19]Jan 13, 2010
    Don't cry for Ben Savage. He's using his celebrity to get some pretty hot dates.

Boy Meets Vegas

Boy Meets Vegas

IndianaMom

[20]Mar 31, 2010
    The University of Notre Dame's college newspaper saw how popular Boy Meets World is with college students, and did a story on what has happened to the characters. They are not always completely accurate, but they did a good job. I even learned a few things. Follow the link.

"Boy Meets World's" Cast: Where Are They Now?"