Boy Meets World

Fraternity Row

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Oct 24, 1997 on ABC

• shawn cuts class.

I saw major improvement from the last episode, and we sort of got back to being emotional and funny, rather than none of the above. This was a Shawn-centric episode, and as most BMW fans know, the Shawn episodes always tend to be more emotional. In this episode, Shawn finds high school unnecessary when he goes to a college class to impress a girl, and ends up really enjoying. He starts to cut class, which upsets Feeny. Feeny ends up suspending Shawn, after he catches Shawn in the act. Shawn takes the suspension, but then he fails his college paper because he didn't know the basics that he is supposed to learn in high school. The Love Boat people didn't help this episode one bit and they were the most unnecessary. Lately, it feels as though Topanga has become a side character, hopefully we find more episodes centered on her or Cory, because all the episodes so far have been focused on Shawn, Jack and Eric. As a side plot, the dean reprises his role, and he is very unlikable in my opinion. It's as if he has nothing better to do than to take down Eric &Jack's made up fraternity. In this episode, Eric & Jack make up a fake fraternity, and the dean tries to prove them wrong. This plot wasn't really my cup of tea, but the main plot made up for it. In the end, Shawn agrees to come back to school, and I felt this episode was important for Shawn in the development of his character, since now we know that Shawn likes college. So to sum it up, the Shawn plot was good, and the side plot with Eric & Jack was a bit dull. Good episode overall though.