Boy Meets World

Graduation

Aired Friday 8:30 PM May 15, 1998 on ABC

• Perfect

Shawn struggles with the fact he is almost out of high school, Topanga does not know if she should go to Yale or not, and Eric tries to make sure Feeny will not retire and move out.

Great episode, Shawn was nor as funny as usual but he was a good actor in this one, and Eric was funny with the song he sang at the graduation, and the cliffhanger (with Topanga asking Cory if she will marry him) was a good way to end the episode, and the 5th season, this episode overall gets an A+, from me at least
  • Graduation Day! Things are changing!

The time has come at last for our friends to graduate high school! It seems like everything is changing and it will never be the same! The episode is structured in a way where first time viewers question, "Is this the final episode?" The characters say some goodbyes and talk of the future. Mr. Feeny of course has one more lesson to teach, to Shawn especially! The ending of course has a twist with Topanga asking Cory to marry her. It is amazing that they continued the series and we get to see things shape out! This is one of the best episodes of the series and sets the stage for the rest of the series!
  • I loved this one a lot!

Cory, Shawn, Topanga, Angela, and Minkus graduate high school. Eric wants to stop Feeny from retiring. Mr. Feeny challenges his students, especially Shawn, to write an essay about how they feel.

Minkus is back, unfortunately, he is not as cute as he was in the first season. Despite that, it was good to see him and I loved when he was talking about how Cory and Shawn acted as if he wasn't there. Minkus just says that he's been on "the other side" of school. That was hilarious because "the other side" was out of the set. I loved how they threw in Mr. Turner at the last part too! Eric is hilarious as always and Topanga asks Cory to marry her. Shawn realizes that he could've done better. I think this is one of the greatest episodes of the entire series! 10 out of 10!
  • This is a special episode for me.

I had the privilege of going to California and seeing the live taping of this episode. That, in itself, was a great experience. Even so, it is a great episode, live or on TV. I have to say that I was genuinely surprised when Topanga popped the big questions. That opened up a whole new set of possibilities for plot and story advancements for the remainder of the series, though not long from this point.

In addition to enjoying the content of the aired version of this particular episode, I was treated to what normally isn't seen. Any scene with Eric Matthews (Will Friedle) was a pleasure to watch. He never did the same thing twice. And the scene where he falls out the window was originally him just climbing out the window. But around the third take or so he simply jumps out the window. Thankfully, that was the take they used.

It's obvious the cast loves their job and it's apparent during the taping. I am sad I don't get to enjoy any new episodes of this show but am always excited to see a rerun.
  • Freakishly shocking at the end. Topanga asks Cory to marry her.

Finally, the day comes for Shawn, Cory and Topanga to graduate senior year. At the graduation where Shawn is receiving his high school diploma, Topanga (behind the scenes) asks a speechlessly shocked Cory to marry her.

I was honestly freakishly shocked when I saw that!!! Topanga and Cory??! Married? I can't wait to watch the first sixth series episode!!