Boy Meets World

Graduation

Aired Friday 8:30 PM May 15, 1998 on ABC

• This is a special episode for me.

I had the privilege of going to California and seeing the live taping of this episode. That, in itself, was a great experience. Even so, it is a great episode, live or on TV. I have to say that I was genuinely surprised when Topanga popped the big questions. That opened up a whole new set of possibilities for plot and story advancements for the remainder of the series, though not long from this point.

In addition to enjoying the content of the aired version of this particular episode, I was treated to what normally isn't seen. Any scene with Eric Matthews (Will Friedle) was a pleasure to watch. He never did the same thing twice. And the scene where he falls out the window was originally him just climbing out the window. But around the third take or so he simply jumps out the window. Thankfully, that was the take they used.

It's obvious the cast loves their job and it's apparent during the taping. I am sad I don't get to enjoy any new episodes of this show but am always excited to see a rerun.