Boy Meets World

Honesty Night

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Apr 24, 1998 on ABC

• honesty night

cory and topanga may not be back together for good, when cory forgets to tell his best buddy shawn they are, they pretend to still be fighting so shawn can be the one to get them back together. but when they actually DO start fighting, will shawn be able to save their relationship?

the end to the cory and topanga fight of season 5. a good episode and pretty funny. i loved it. and they finally are back together, which is good. that was a long story arc, but i loved almost all of it. overall grade for this- A+
  • "Who is tired of the Cory and Topanga issue" (Everyone raises their hand).

So just when you think Cory and Topanga had gotten back together, in that very climactic last episode, they end up being torn apart again by Shawn!? I found myself raising my hand when Shawn asked if anyone was tired of the Cor and Topanga issue. I thought this was over already, but nope, the writers managed to break these two up again. Cory making up that idea of pretending to be apart just so they can make Shawn feel better when he brings them back together, seemed so pointless.

The thing that helped this episode though is the ending. There is always a life lesson to be learned on this show. And this episode taught us, when a couple fights, it doesn't mean they have to break up. This was discovered thanks to Shawn and Cory's parents. Eric acting dumb throughout the episode wasn't new, and wasn't funny. A fair episode overall with a good lesson, I think everyone should take the lesson in to consideration.
  • Great episode!

Cory and Topanga are back together! They forget to tell Shawn. They pretend like they aren't back together so they can pretend that Shawn is the one who put them together. Mr. Feeny thinks that it's a bad idea. While trying to put them together, Shawn accidentally rips them apart again. Then, Cory tells Shawn about the plan, so Shawn actually puts them together again. Eric has a new word-of-the-day calendar.

This was a great episode! I can't believe they didn't tell Shawn! I'm glad he wasn't upset though. It loved Eric's calendar! This episode gets a 10 out of 10!
  • A classic episode, revealing the true nature of the show!

After the lovely couple gets back together, they feel bad about not telling Shawn first. They therefore act like they are apart despite warnings from Mr. Feeney. They show signs of hope to Shawn, who decides to use his last bit of emotions to get them back together. However his tactics send the couple back into a fight and seperation. Shawn however pulls through with the help of Mr and Mrs. Matthews and helps to show them that true love conquers all, and just because you fight does not mean you are forced to split up, because it is the high school thing to do. Add in Eric's word a day calendar which is a classic Eric attitude and you have a series classic!
  • This was such a cute episode! It was insanely funny!

I loved this episode! My favorite parts were when Eric acted all superior and used a ton of big words, when he kept getting the meaning wrong! Lol it was so funny! I also loved how Shawn was so smart in getting Cory and Topanga back together the way he did. And Cory's parents went along with it!
  • Cory and Topanga pretend to be still broken up so Shawn can reunite them. However, in his efforts, he makes things worse.

Three things:

One: The whole Cory and Topanga story was kind of dumb, but Cory saved it with his funny faces and his lines.

"She really left!"....."You Big Stupid Idiot!"

Two: Topanga looked as good as ever in this episode. I mean really really pretty.

Three: Eric was a riot!
    "Thats the last lime I buy something from http://www.howdysucker.com"

And all the words he learned from his word-a-day calendar. I don't know if these are spelt right but:
    estranged, pertinent, residual, ubiquitious.

One of the best lines of the episode was when Eric hugged Jack...
    Eric: (with a mouthful of sandwich) "Aww come here man"

Overall definitely one of the better episodes.
  • An episode dealing with break-ups and lies, Boy Meets World doesn't miss with this great episode. A repetitive, yet humorous episode, you'll find yourself laughing all through Eric's jokes, Cory and Topanga's romance, and Shawn's antics.

What an episode: another classic Cory-Topanga love story. In one episode, the classic "perfect" couple break up and get back together several times. In classic Boy Meets World style, Cory stirs up a goofy idea to help his best buddy Shawn be the one to help Cory and Topanga get back together (after the Cory and Topanga already were back together). Obviously, everyone immediately knows the plan will flop, but of course the viewer is inclined to continue to watch -- just to see how everything turns out.

In a very well-written episode, you find yourself laughing and wishing that Cory and Topanga would just finally get back together and stay that way. Eric's Word-Of-The-Day calendar quotes bring the realm of comedy, while Shawn, Cory, and Topanga focus more on the story. Using the parents, Amy and Allen, for the end of the episode, was a very good and effective point of action. By using an older couple as an example, both the characters and viewers got a "life-long" perspective.

While the plot of this episode is a little repetitive, the comedy from Eric and other one-liners allows for the episode to flow smoothly. Either way, this episode is clearly a classic episode dealing with the Cory-Topanga storyline. A must see!