Boy Meets World

I Ain't Gonna Spray Lettuce No More

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Oct 04, 1996 on ABC

• good

alan quits his job without discussing it with amy, who then decides that she can make a big decision which affects the entire family. alan tries picking a new job, and cory is worried they are going to be poor, so he has shawn teach him how to cope with being poor. in the end amy buys a store for alan to own and work for.

good episode. pretty funny (the lines about a monkey working at the gap), and it was good development for alan. overall a nice episode from season 4, this episode gets a B from me
  • I liked it a lot!

Alan quits his job without discussing it with Amy. He has to look for a new one. Cory thinks that they're going to be poor. Shawn tries to help him. Eric and Alan go camping. Mr. Feeny tells them of a wilderness store. It turns out that the owner is selling his store. Amy buys it for Alan.

This was a really good episode! I think that the store will be a good thing for the Matthews! I loved the Cory/Shawn storyline. I wish Topanga was in it more. This great episode gets a 9.5 out of 10 from me!
  • Great episode with an important plot development.

This episode is quite good. It has lots of humor, but it is also serious in places.

This episode is important because it is in this episode that Alan quits his job as grocery store manager and buys a sporting goods store. (The former owner, by the way, is longtime actor Dick O'Neill). This is one of the funnier episodes. Cory's trying to deal with his supposed "poverty" and Eric's suggestions for a new career for Alan keep the laughs coming.

The scene in which Cory and Shawn volunteer for experiments gives the viewer an idea of just how crazy the show will become.