Boy Meets World

If You Can't Be With the One You Love...

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Mar 06, 1998 on ABC

• Aside from Shawn's incredibly quick descent into alcoholism (what - a week?), this episode is more than worth the watch just for the kitchen scene.

This episode is one of my favourites. Not because of the ridiculously unrealistic snap of time it took for Shawn to become an alcoholic (although, some of his scenes are very smotional to watch), but because of the scene where Alan and Amy lecture the guys for underage drinking. This is some of the best character acting we've seen of Cory's Dad and from Shawn as well. Watching Alan say he's "sick of overlooking the influence Shawn has on his kid" and looking at Shawn's heartbroken face brings tears to my eyes. Amy and Cory's horrified faces just add to it. Then, watching Alan chew Cory out to the point that Cory is afraid of him brings it even further! From a pretty surreal comedy series, this was a powerfully acted episode. Even if (like me) you find Shawn's lighting-quick addiction to be unrealistic, watch this episode just for that amazing kitchen scene.