Boy Meets World

It's Not You... It's Me

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Oct 17, 1997 on ABC

• shawn dumps cory.

I would definitely have to say that this episode was the weak one of the bunch after the last really emotional episodes, that we're pretty great overall as a season opener. But this episode just annoyed me. Eric & Jack trying to get an extension for a paper as easy as the one that they were writing was not that great, it was a fine introduction to the dean, it was just really forgettable, and it didn't stand out at all. I didn't laugh much in this episode, which isn't good. An episode of BMW doesn't have to be emotional. which is what I think the writers were trying to prove in this episode, but they didn't pull it off. This episode wasn't emotional, nor was it that funny. Shawn dumping Cory and making it seem like a real relationship has been done before and it just isn't BMW material. The only eventful thing about this episode about the decision making and where to go to college. The only funny moment was when Topanga kissed Cory and asked him if he enjoyed it to make sure he wasn't gay So both plots were pretty weak, a filler at best. Not the BMW's finest moment if you ask me.
  • Cory and Shawn Origins

In this episode Cory and Shawn fight when Cory applies to Stanford, because Shawn knows with his grades he could never get in there. So Cory replaces Shawn, and Shawn replaces Cory with new best friends. At the end of the episode we are treated to a flashback in which we are revealed to see how Cory and Shawn became friends. One saved the other at a zoo. They hug and of course everything is back to normal.

A good episode, pretty funny, a good plot and showed us how they became such good friends. Overall grade is an A
  • Funny!

When Cory mentions that he applies to some colleges that Shawn can't get into, Shawn gets upset with Cory. Shawn says that they should get other friends and that they're taking a break for a while. Cory is heartbroken, but Shawn just keeps getting more friends. Topanga makes them resolve their issues. Eric and Jack have papers to write. Eric suggests that they befriend the dean to get extensions.

This was a great episode! I love how they make Cory and Shawn look like a couple. I didn't enjoy the Eric/Jack storyline too much. I liked the little flashback they had. This episode gets a 10!