Boy Meets World

Janitor Dad

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Oct 25, 1996 on ABC

• perfect

What I liked: Shawn accepting his father's new job as janitor, the guy who comes into Alan's store wanting a job as a scooper, and Eric telling him where to go, that jerk bully at the school who makes fun of Shawn (I only like him because I hate him. Good love-to-hate one-time character), and the ending of the episode.

Good episode. I really liked Shawn accepting his dad's job, even if it is not the most glamorous job in the world. I thought the resolution of the episode was great and like I said, I liked how mean that bully was; if I was Shawn I'd probably smack him. A+ episode, no doubt.
  • Chet has a job!

Chet gets a job as the janitor at John Adams High. Shawn is embarassed of him. Amy is scaring off customers, so Alan and Eric hire another guy, who sells things to people in a forcing way. Virna is proud of Chet, so Shawn learns to be also.

This was a great episode! I'm really glad that Chet found a good job that Virna and Shawn are proud of. I loved the end where Shawn mops up the floor for Chet. That was a great moment! I thought that guy was really mean to Shawn. This episode gets a 10 out of 10!
  • We see a change in all of the Hunter clan.

This is the second "Shawn" episode this season and one of his best. Virna is furious that Chet still hasn't gotten a job, while she bust her hump at the movie theater, as well as at home. Shawn tries to talk sense into his dad, only to have it boomerang back at him when his dad becomes the new school janitior. Some a$$hole gives shawn a hard time about his dad being janitor, making shawn embarresed. I would just like to comment, being someone who works jobs similar to this, anyone who works a job and puts food on the table and supports his family is a real man, regardless of the job. Mr. Feeny gives shawn the option to have his father dismissed and shawn hastily agrees. After a talk with his mother shawn realizes he was wrong to do that, so he tell mr feeny not to fire his dad, and mr feeny informs him that he had no intention of firing him.
  • Solid episode

This episode is good, but not great.

There are quite a few funny moments in relation to Alan and Eric at the store. By the way, if you recognize Ezekiel, he is played by Mickey Jones who also played Pete in ABC's hit sitcom Home Improvement.

The other plotline involving Shawn, Chet, and Verna is more serious. Rider Strong gives an especially good performance in this episode.

Shareen Mitchell appears as Virna for the second of only three times where we ever see that character.

This episode also marks the first of three appearances of Baywatch's Jen Campbell as mountain girl Lonnie.