Boy Meets World

No Guts, No Cory

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Nov 07, 1997 on ABC

• 1940s.

6.7
    Other than this episode being extremely weird, I enjoyed it in some places.
    "Well Shawn marrying Topanga... this is weird." - Feeny. Definitely the understatement of this entire episode. We've had flashbacks in time before, but never like this where all the character were from that time, not one character being from the future. So that's what made this episode different.

After Sabrina from Sabrina the Teenage Witch guest starred on the show in the last episode, we end up getting her cat in this episode. He was completely unrelated to any of the other plots that we're going on, it's like why was he even there? He was just so unnecessary and it really brought the episode's rating down. A look back on the 1940s when World War II was going on, Cory is put in a tough situation when he has to leave the woman he loves for war. Shawn ends up trying to marry her as Cory's last dying wish since everyone thinks that Cory is dead. But he isn't dead, he just got memory loss. This definitely did not feel like a BMW episode, so that's why I'm not so sure if I enjoyed it very much. It just wasn't this show's style.
  • Back in time...

Salem takes the gang back in time. Cory, Shawn and Alan are in the war. After Cory goes missing, Amy has hope he is still alive. As well as Topanga, who is waiting for Cory to return. If he doesn't, Cory has ordered Shawn to marry her. Eric and Jack search for Cory in France, where they find him. He has lost his memory and has met another girl, but Topanga helps him remember.

This episode was really good! It was pretty historic and very good! The storyline was pretty good and it was funny! This episode gets a 9.0 out of 10!
  • Salem wreaks havoc in Penbrook

This episode is hilarious, random, yes, but hilarious at the same time. Cory is transported back to World War II and ends up losing his memory and becoming an artist. Cory is being funny as usual in this episode acting totally crazy in French and his art is amazing. Him asking Shawn to marry Topanga is very funny because it seems like something he would do and when she shows up in Paris to take Cory back it is hilarious. Also the parts with Amy were so her and feeny was being feeny in the present and the past. The whole thing with Salem coming from Sabrina was funny and maybe it was a ratings ploy, but it still makes me laugh.