Boy Meets World

No Such Thing as a Sure Thing

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Oct 15, 1999 on ABC

• No Such Thing As sure thing, the pivotal Cory and Topanga Get back together for good ep!

This ep, No Such Thing As A Sure Thing is most pivotal. The episode which begins with Cory trying out as his school football teams' mascot, ends with Topanga ( following a gut wrenching scene with her mom in which her mom explains you should not fear marrying Cory just coz of what your dad and I are going through but rather prepare for the possible rewards of marriage) proclaiming her love and need for Cory. The scene the writers write is brillant with Topanga stating: You mean the world to me, I love you, I wanna be your wife and an on deaf ears Cory almost accepting defeat as his fate and thinking he's parting for good with Topanga. Momentarily though Cory understands and the couple kisses and reunites for good! Yay! A silly subplot with Eric and Jack losing a bet and taking an Amish guise to avoid angered bookmakers who want their money, is apparently thrown in as the obligatory plot line for the younger set. Still well done! Bravo!