Boy Meets World

On the Fence

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Oct 01, 1993 on ABC

• where dad went wrong

if i was cory's parents here, i would tell him that it was HIS mess up, and that HE would fix it and that he was grounded until he did so. he would have grown up to be a better person. sometimes things happen in life that we don't want, but we have to suck it up and deal with it. what did he learn here, that if he is to stressed he will get help? that don't always happen in real life
  • Relate-able

Cory wants to have money for an expensive water gun. But he has to work for it, so he does various jobs for Mr. Feeny, in his garden. In the end he gets one, but after seeing how hard his dad works, he gets one for his dad so his dad can "experience childhood again." This was a pretty decent episode of the show. It's not one of the funniest or one of their all-time greats but it was pretty good. Shawn had some really good lines in this one I thought and everyone was in character {which they usually are}.
  • Good.

This was an excellent episode showing the responsiblilities of a young Cory Matthews as he makes his way on his journey through life. I really enjoyed watching this episode on dvd/tv. I really think this episode should've been the pilot episode. I think why I like it so well is because, it shows Cory going through an everyday life experince. This is very real for kids his age to want something really bad and end up working for it. It also shows there's goanna be mistakes, for instance, the shutter mess. I like how it show'd how the relationship between the family was going to be. This episode was a perfect start for the series. I think it will be a great one that shows Life Lessons.
  • This was an excellent episode showing the responsiblilities of a young Cory Matthews as he makes his way on his journey through life.

• One of my favorites!

Cory wants a water gun for the water war. He learns responsibility and to just be a kid. He paints Mr. Feeny’s shutters to earn $58. Eric hates work. This was probably the first episode I remember seeing. I really think this was one of the better season 1 episodes! Minkus was hilarious and super smart. I think it was cool how Cory realized his father did so much and Cory did so little. Alan told Cory to stay 11 years old as long as he can because soon, he’ll have to work and have many responsibilities. I thought it was funny when Mr. Feeny offered $80, but Cory did the math wrong and thought it was $58. It was nice of Cory to do loosen his family up by squirting them! I really like this episode! It gets a 10!
  • Cory doesn\\\'t have a fancy water gun for the class water gun fight

7.2
    Everybody in Cory\\\'s class has a big fancy water gun but Cory doesn\\\'t. His parents won\\\'t let him have one of those water guns until Christmas, when they said, MAYBE he could get it. Cory is upset, and that is the basis for this episode. Even Shawn has a water gun, and all the kids are making fun of Cory for not having one. So Cory offers to paint Mr. Feeny\\\'s fence for money, but he wrecks it. Cory realizes what a great father Alan is when Alan repaints the fence for him and lets Cory go to the water gun fight. Eventually, Cory gets a smaller version of the fancy water gun so he can afford to buy one for Alan too.
  • Cory wants the best water gun,but he doesn't have enough money for it so he makes a deal with Feeny, so feeny will pay the money for da watergun if cory paints his fence but he gets green paint on it and then he has to repaint it while there doing a fit

This episode was so funny and it had a really good plot i mean it was a very good episode and its worth 30 min. of my time i mean it was worth watching and it was very surprisin at the end of that episode there was waterguns u nder the table and they started doing a great waterfight with the parents and the kids and Mr.Feeny's deal was a very good deal it sucks when green paint went on the fenceand it also sucks when he has to repaint the fence Ciory was so crazy to get a watergun i wouls have gotten something else like water baloons or something.