Boy Meets World

Pilot

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Sep 24, 1993 on ABC

• Favorite Pilot for one of my Favoirte TV Shows

Boy Meets World, this is where it all started. Cory was a funny little kid, Shawn the bad influence, Mr. Feeny the motivational great teacher.

If I had a teacher like him, I'd probably be more successful in my life because his words would stick for a long time.

Incredible show, I don't care if I've seen re-runs of this show for the upteenth time, it'll still be awesome.
  • Pilot for One of my Favorite TV Shows

Boy Meets World is perhaps one of the most clever written series' I have seen. And this was how it started. Cory learns a little lesson about love and stuff from his mentor Mr. FEENY!

This show was incredible and so was this pilot. Jokes were funny, Cory was really funny in the first two seasons {not that he wasn't in the last few}. The plot could have done better at introducing characters, but that is my only main concern, and it wasn't too big a concern. This is a perfect introduction to a really great teen and family show.
  • Cory is caught listening to the Phillies game in class while Feeny is trying to teach the class about love. Eric decides to take his girlfriend on their first date to the Phillies game instead of Cory, so Cory decides to live in his tree house.

I love this show! I truly do!! Its full of comedy and drama! I'm planning on getting all the seasons because its like you're being attached into their lives yourself! With eric matthews(ben savage) as the boy who grows up in phillidephia with his best friends (rider strong) shawn hunter and his girlfriend(or so she is a little later onto the show and they get married too toawards the ending of the seasons! Which is soo romantic but they've known each other since they were in daipers!)(danielle fishel)topanga lawrence-matthews .. Eric matthews(will friedle)his ever so cute funny brother..his mom, amy and dad, alan and little sister .. And his "forever long time" teacher/ principal george feeny,(william daniels) who you will come to love in this show, and a lot more important people get introduced into the show as it goes on it has always been one of my most favorite shows. They talked about everything from a child's perspective to a teenager's perspective to an adult's perspective. The relationships and problems that all these friends and family have faced have come quite a way to show you how it relates to everyday situations. They all treat each other with love and care showing us that they all are one big happy family from shawn's parents splitting up to his dad dying. They show the progression to a wonderful relationship between cory and topanga from them being together from the age of 8 months olod, to the two of them getting married. Some episodes can make you laugh and some can make you cry. It is like a friends episode for children. It is a wonderful story of friendships, relationships, and life
  • an incredible pilot episode

Cory Matthews winds up with detention after trying to listen to a Phillies game in class, while his teacher, Mr. Feeny, is trying to teach the class and the great value of that love has in all of their lives. However, Cory doesn't seem to find love and girls such a good thing when his older brother, Eric, takes a girl to a Phillies game instead of taking him. When Eric had never said anything to the girl that he had brought with her. This prompts Cory to move into his treehouse because he feels that he is abandoned by his family.
  • An awesome pilot episode

• Great episode

This was a good starting episode for the show, because not only does it give you a clear understanding of the characters in the show, but it shows the viewers the plot of the upcoming series. This was a good episode to show the people his family and the way Cory relates with Mr. Feeny.

This show started what turned out to be one of the greatest series' on television, and was a great way to start the series. This show could definitely keep people wanting to watch this show, because people in the 90's could definitely relate to the show.
  • Great starter!

This is the first episode of the series. Cory gets detention by Mr. Feeny. Eric takes a date to a baseball game instead of Cory. This was a great pilot episode! It was funny and valuable. We are introduced to Cory, Eric, Shawn, Amy, Alan, Morgan and Mr. Feeny. Cory Matthews is Eric’s younger brother and Morgan is Cory and Eric’s little sister. Amy and Alan are the parents. Mr. Feeny is Cory’s teacher and their neighbor. I just wished that Topanga was in it from the beginning. This episode was full of laughs, drama, and great times. This opener gets a 10 out of 10!
  • The start of a masterpiece

This episode lays out the genius Boy Meets World formula, and introduces the characters to us. Though the show is supposed to center around Cory I believe that it really centers around Eric and Cory, eventually adding Shawn and Topanga. Cory and his friends are typical 6th graders worrying about 6th grade problems. Cory is oblivious to love, but Eric on the other hand is not. He disses Cory to take a girl to a Phillies game, and this confuses Cory. Cory then sees Mr. Feeny setting up a dinner for two, only to recieve a phone call making it a dinner for one. In the end mr. Feeny teaches him a lesson, and Cory as well as the audience grows a little and becomes a little wiser.
  • good start to a great series

In this episode, Cory Matthews, the main character, starts his journey on the road to the world confusing him for the rest of the series. him getting detention and moving to the treehouse, among other things, were part of this episode. its not the best episode, but not the worst either.
  • A good way to start out the series. You could tell that the writers didn't exactly know what they wanted the show to be yet, but it worked.

I've always watched Boy Meets World, but within the past year, it has become a favorite of mine. The cast was perfect for the show and every episode is unforgettable...and this is the episode that started it all.

It was a good way to kick off. It introduced us to all of the characters (except for Topanga) and kept your attention. The only thing I noticed is that it was obvious that the writers didn't know what they wanted the show to be yet. But that's common with most new TV series.

Boy Meets World is my favorite show of all-time and I'm proud to say so too.
  • Corey feels rejected when his brother chooses to take a girl to a baseball game instead of him.

I can't think of any better way to start a series. I grew up with this show, as I'm sure many others on this site have, and I can remember watching this show and thoroughly enjoying the casting and plot. Since that time, the show has progressed, the characters have been through so many different situations, from the death of Shawn's father to Corey's parents having another baby, through fights and make-ups and affairs and weddings. This pilot, with its innocence and youthful themes of baseball, coupled with the coming-of-age issues Corey has to deal with on a regular basis (in this case, his brother's betrayal), sums up Corey himself and his life at that time.
  • Perfect way to kick off a timeless series.

What a way to start a series. I\'m sure that ABC was glad they picked up this pilot. This truly was the perfect episode to forshadow what it would the show would become. It\'s obvious that the characters, plot and the show in general got older and more mature with time (and their audience)but the show never lost the quality of family entertainment and general good times that is portrayed in this pilot.
  • Eric wont take cory to a baseball game because he wants to take his girlfriend instead.

Eric has two tickets for a phillies gamee and corythinks hes going which he would of but eric got a girlfriend so he takes her instead. Cory gets mad at him and goes to ask his parents and they said he could take who he wanted because he payed for the tickets. So Cory takes a hand sized radio and puts the ear phones in his ear so he can here the game during class. He gets caught and gets detention. When he gets home he said tthe game was awesome eric said not for him her ex boyfriend was there so he didn't get to see much of the game.