Boy Meets World

ABC (ended 2000)

IndianaMom

Boy Meets World Fan Reviews (419)

• Love this show

I just Love this show! I love how there are life lessons you can learn form this show!
  • One of the greatest family sitcoms in television history

The series was outstanding. This universe will never end (there is "Girl Meets World").
  • Okay show

I watched this show all the time as a kid but I was annoyed by how the series played out in the later seasons. I did not like how they tried to make it seem like Corey and Topanga were together forever when Corey along with almost all the other kids thought she was a weird hippie freak. They completely changed Corey from a slacker, back talker to a paranoid romantic and Eric from a goofy schemer into a big ***, I know people change and mature but I don't think it works that way. It eventually transformed from a comedy first with a little drama and life lessons to a drama with little comedy here and there. I really enjoyed the first few seasons , Especially junior high with Frankie, Harley and Joey those seasons were great but it started to get Annoying when all the inconsistencies started coming.
  • If real life were a show...

I've only recently gotten hooked on this show after finding it on ABC Family while browsing the channels, and let me just say that I'm extremely happy that I've found this show. In addition to absolutely hilarious, this show is REAL, something that today's kids shows seem to lack. The acting isn't overdone and there are lessons that cover powerful, emotional and mature things in life (drinking, child abuse, sex, that you'd never find on a Disney Channel or Nickelodeon show. The 1990s raised a better generation of kids with shows like this. They're making a sequel to this show, Girl Meets World, that's set to air next year, and although I'm excited, I have a feeling that it won't be a fraction as good as this show was, considering that it's going to be on Disney Channel.
  • Ended on a Good Note

I always thought the first season seemed like a completely different show than the rest. Continuity errors and whatnot. I loved each season for its own special reasons. The first and second were simply hilarious. Cory and Shawn's antics, the little sister, and a somewhat intelligent Eric. The third season featured Eric's slowly diminishing intelligence and several great Shawn and Mr. Turner subplots. I found the fourth and fifth seasons entertaining and understandable. I saw myself in several of the characters and realized how much like high school it actually was. In the fifth season, however, the Cory and Topanga break up . I enjoyed the college seasons, but I feel like by the end of the show, they were jumping the shark and had used up most of the best ideas for the group of people. All in all, it was an amazing show, probably my all time favorite show, and it was phenomenal while it lasted.
  • Grew up watching

Love this show!
  • Shawn and Angela

I loved this show, but I hated the ending for Shawn and Angela. I would love to believe Angela returned to Shawn and met up in New York.
  • Cory and Shawn!

I love them together! I never even considered them gay at all throughout the series! I thought they were just about the cutest bromance on tv! I wish guys now were allowed to be that close to guy friends without automatically being teased about being gay!
  • I like this show!

This show was pretty funny. I wish it was on more
  • Bring Back Boy Meets World

I bought all 7 seasons of Boy Meets World and just got done with them. Last 3 episodes were so sad and cant get em out of my head i love this show it is my all time favorite show. I wish they never cancelled the show i wish they could make more episodes or possibly reunion movie id do anything to see that!
  • an awesome show.

wow this show is truly awesome. I loved this show ever since i was a kid. You have got to atleast watch one episode of it it's awesome. this show is perfect for the 90's but i mainly watched this show on Disney Channel when it came on a brief time. Boy Meets World Rocks 10/10

• Despite some mistakes made throughout the run of the show, Boy Meets World is one of the best family sitcoms to ever air on television.

I just love Boy Meets World. Even though it ended so long ago, it is still one of my favorite shows. I frequently watch the old episodes on youtube.

There were several mistakes or goofs throughout the years, such as Shawn's brother who lived in the trailer park (and then disappeared to never be mentioned again), and Topanga's sister (who appeared briefly). Also, in the later years, everyone says that Cory and Topanga were always best friends when, in reality, they were hardly even friends at one point. Cory and Shawn thought she was a weirdo. :-) But despite these (and more) mistakes, the show is great, just funny to the point of comic genius.

Boy Meets World was, at times, sappy, but stopped short of Family Matters or Full House sappy. It had a bigger dose of reality and taught lessons that lots of kids were dealing with. Sometimes there was no happy ending.

The characters on the show were all likeable and lovable (although I'm not sure if I liked Eric when he was lazy and conceited, or when he was a dumb goof ball). I will never tire of Boy Meets World. You will laugh at each and every single episode.

• I love BMW!

Bring this show back!! please!! I loved this show so much as a kid and want to buy the DVDs for all the seasons. This show is tied with the O.C. (seasons 1 and 2) as my favorite show of all time. I could just sit back, relax and step into this show everyday after school. I have seen a lot of people say that the best kids shows were in the 90s and shows these day are going to crap. Well I agree! But, maybe thats because I am biased as a kid growing up from that generation. Anyway bring BMW to DVD!!!!! I miss cory, and cory, and cory, oh and the other actors too!!!
  • Boy Meets World lasted seven seasons, and it only got better as time went on. This is one show that never really jumped the shark. The one show from the TGIF era that actually stands the test of time, and doesn't come off as dated.

This show followed Cory Matthews and his friends Shawn and Topanga as they learned about life and love. I'll be honest... season one kind of sucked. Season Two, Cory and Shawn went to the high school and I think this is where the show began to take off. Season 3 is where the show was getting white hot, and it just got better and better every season up to the end. One of the few occasions, where a show ends at the height of its prime. I strongly believed though that the show had just run its course, and you really had to start asking yourself "What more can they do?". I think they ended it before it got lame, and just started recycling old ideas and episodes like Saved by the Bell for instance. The acting was good in this show, the writing was good for a teen sitcom, and it is the only show I've rewatched from the 90's TGIF era that can still hold water by today's standards. You can watch the later seasons now, and it does not really seem outdated at all. Family Matters, Step by Step, Sabrina:The Teenage Witch, Sister..Sister, were all shows that were good for their time... but just have not held up over time well at all. They seem so horribly dated, and just ridiculously too corny. Shows like the Fresh Prince and Boy Meets World are shows that you could turn on now and watch, and still laugh your butt off.
  • Love it

Honestly this is one of the best shows I have ever seen. It has a lot of good classic humor in the early years and has some good drama moments in the later years, as well as comedy. I'm sad I only have the third season, honestly if I had all of them {assuming seasons 4-7 are released}, I would watch them a lot. My favorite character is Eric, second is Shawn because they seemed to be the most funny. Every character was funny in their own way. I wish this was still on TV, in reruns, because it was such a good show. I can only hope seasons 4-7 are released. I also need to buy seasons 1 and 2.
  • The definitive sitcom

For the category, this was the best show there was, is, and will ever be. They need to have a reunion mini-season(at least 4 episodes) or a movie as to where they are now and finish it off with happiness in life as they get older....please

• From childhood to manhood.

Boy meets World is by far the best series I have ever seen. If something happens in life, there has been atleast a single episode regarding that event. From being poor to upper middle class Boy Meets World has it all. Starting from the beggining with a young Cory Matthews in the sixth grade, it continues until after young Cory and his wonderful wife Topanga graduate college and move away to New York with thier best friend Shawn. Shawn always was the friend that had nothing, but would give anything in the world to have the kind of love that Cory and Topanga have. Over all I give this show a 10 out of 10.
  • This Is the best show for teens ever created.

I love every chracter In this show and It Is the best show of all time. A lot of the chracters ratings went up. The best seasons were 2 thru 5. This show suits any person from 12 to 18.This Is a show I look forward to watching everyday.This Is a classic.
  • Boy Meets World

One of the most underrated sitcoms of the 90s or of all time for that matter. Yes Boy Meets World had it's fans but it deserved so much more. Where's the Emmy, I'm wondered. Where is the critics saying how good this show was. The facts are that this show was always an underdog, but now the show is over, and hardly runs on syndication anymore.

Boy Meets World has had so many hardships, like not being fully recognized, hardly any syndication, and the DVDs are even left on a halt, because of the distributor. I've noticed that things have been working out lately, but like I said before, this show really did deserve so much more.

It honestly had the perfect balance of comedy and drama, and yes it had some "after school special" type episodes, but that was what this show dealt with. Life in general, and I can't believe that no one realized what a gem this show really was with great story lines, intense drama, hilarious situations and intriguing characters. It's a crying shame, really.
  • this show was a really good show back in the 90s

boy meets world focaused on young teens who were in high school dealing with relationships there was corey and topangia and others . and they went shows them dealing with problems with there lives and there realationship it was a good show in the 90s and it had really good plots and the stories were some times really funny or sad at some parts. but it was a good show. and it last for 7 years and i think that was a great run and iwatched all the eps and that is why i gave the show a 8. 0
  • Good comedy.

I liked this show and I watched it plenty of times when I was a kid. I have to admit that I didn't like as much when I first started, but after a period of time, I began to really get hooked. My favorite part of the show had to be where they all end up on the same page at the very end. I liked the fact that it was very much a family comedy until the last couple seasons, when it got a little bit off its values. Overall, this was a good show and was also very entertaining. Thank you.
  • This show followed Corey Matthews and friends on their journey from grade school to college. It showed all the crazy things that kids go through.

I adored this show and it is easily a classic in my book! The characters of Corey and Shaun made me laugh every time, especially Shaun. He was by far my favorite character. This show made me excited to grow up! They were always just a little further in school than me and I looked forward to my own experiences because of what I saw on this show. It was realistic but with fun twists. Plus, who could resist the "Feony call"!? It was one of the best parts of the show. I wish this show hadn't ended, but I still love catching the reruns!
  • Out of any sitcom that involves teenagers growing into adults this one has got to take the cake.

This is undoubtedly for me my most favorite show that was on anywhere. This show showed a young adolescent growing into teenager and then eventually to an adult. I remember back in the day when I used to stay up to 2 in the morning just to watch this show because of its awesomeness. I know it was on other channels but for some reason I just loved to stay up late just to watch it. It gave me an excuse and an incentive to stay up late. I just love this show and wish I could watch the whole series. I watched a good 85% or so because every time it got to a part that I didn't see school started so I had to readjust my sleep time. But now it's not on any channel and that makes me sad. But, if I hadn't said this enough yet, I just love this show and wished the could have made this when I was mature enough to understand this. It seems that all the good shows and sitcoms started some time in the 90s.
  • Boy Meets World follows kid Corey Matthews, his best friend Shawn, his childhood friend and girlfriend Topanga, as well as his Family, Classmates and Principle through life in Philadelphia.

Boy Meets World was apart of the great TGIF lineup on ABC from 1993-2000. This show was different from others because the show managed to keep all of the main characters through the years, with changing up the surroundings and side characters. From Middle school all the way through College, They keep Corey, Topanga and Shawn evolving. In my opinion the show gets better as the years go on. I love how they developed Eric into more of a main character, while bringing in Jack and Rachel to make a funny apartment. Not only was the show funny, but it brought more aspects from other things besides comedy. There were so many good serious episodes. Most of the serious episodes dealt with Shawn. Shawn got drunk, When Shawn's dad died, Shawn joining a cult, and when Mr. Turner was involved in a motorcycle accident. They mixed the comedy with sadness very well, and some episodes were really emotional. The show was very good, especially for being a Friday night teen show. I gave Boy Meets World and 8.5 out of 10!
  • they sure dont make them like this anymore

Wow, it seems like forever since we last saw our favorite boy trying to survive the hardships of school and every day life. This was one of those shows that made us wish it was friday. What makes this show so great wasn't it's origonality, after all saved by the bell came out quite a few years before this, but rather how the story was told. The producers of this show made sure that their characters would be true and sincere, they gave us characters that were beleivable and who had flaws. Another great aspect was that it really related to what alot of us groing up at that time were going through, dealing with middle/high school and dealing with our first love. Despite being an older show by now, it continues to be great and has the same impact today as it did when it first aired.I strongly suggest watching this if you haven't already.
  • I remember the days when this was 'appropriate' enough to be on Disney channel. I loved watching these characters grow and mature.

We start off the show with Cory and his best friend Shuan going into junior high (i think that's it). At this point of the show there were a lot of loose jokes that would have only been funny to people who are really laid back/young. Still, fun to watch.

As the characters developed feelings for the opposite sex, things got more interesting and entertaining. Cory and his long time lover, Topanga were my favorite storylines. They had their ups and downs through almost everything. They were best friends with Shuan throughout the whole show.

If you're looking for a show that's really realistic and something you could easily relate to, this may not be the show for you. But if you are looking for a show that has the possibilities of almost ANYTHING occurring, this is the show for you!
  • School, a tough thing for everyone.

Boy meets world. A show focusing on a young boy as he grows up and moves on through the world. Personally I think people can relate to this. For instance the friend whose family has low income, a topic many people can relate to(unfortunately), a boy who likes a girl but is afraid to tell(at first). Now many people can relate to this. And last is growing up and finishing high school and having to leave. This relates more to people who have finished school and are looking to their aspiring futures. The show took us from the conflict between brother and brother, friend and friend, father and son, boy and girl, mother and son, and finally teacher and students.
    The show brought laughs and focused on the main thing that kids in school have to worry about, bullies, and the things we despise, nerds. Later in high school it takes are biggest worry, growing up. Because at this point you have to leave home and go on your own.
    ---Think of your parents smiles---
  • Its tenure lasted from 1993 through its end in 2000. The people in the world of teenager Cory Matthews continue to test his theories about life and relationships with his family, friends and other love ones at his side.

I love this series when I was growing up. I use to watch it whenever I could catch it on television when I had free time. I wished they had not ended this series but it did last a long time and was great, so I figure it was time to end it because the actors were getting older. If you hadn't have the chance to see Boys Meet World then you should try to find it and watch the series. Anyway, I was glad I was able to see and watch this series on television when it was airing. It a great show for pre-teens and teenagers.
  • Amazing, absolutely amazing.

Boy Meets World is a great show to watch that is very entertaining. It even has laugh-ins. The younger episodes are really funny and they have such pleasing music and stories. Cory is a typical average kid and Shawn is his best friend. Eric is Cory's older brother and is one of the main characters in the older episodes. This series lasted for a great 7 years. New characters were added and create more of a story for the audience to follow. I also loved the fact that the main characters stayed throughout the entire series. They were never cut out and were in the first and last episodes.

It is so interesting how the kids start in middle school and end in college. If you start seeing the series form when they are older, you will still like them as much as the young ones. The older episodes have a lot more meaning and depth in them. The younger ones are good too. These episodes can teach you a lot about life and make you think about life. I could write a review about every episode because each one has their own special meaning and moral.

The friendship between Shawn and Cory (the two main characters) is really neat. The issues that the characters face in the series are interesting to watch and that is why this show is so good. I recommend this show to people of all ages, kids to adult to see this for how charming it is, it's laughs, and memorable moments. I give this a definite 10 of 10.
  • Good Show

Boy meets World is a good show. I like how its very funny and I just love the way the show is set up. I enjoy watching the actors and actresses on this show. Boy Meets World has a good story line most of the time but some times there episodes are just o k and not enough to be something I'd watch over and over again. But there are some really great episodes that I would watch a thousand times. I like how they played out the whole Corey and Topanga thing. Overall this show is pretty good and I would watch it.
ABCFAM