Boy Meets World

Road Trip

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Feb 05, 1999 on ABC

• perfect

What I liked- Eric walking in his room and casually mentioning he saw Rachel and Jack kiss, the girls' singing, Cory mentioning how the father 'must have quite a gun collection', Cory making a toast for Chet, the ending of the episode where Shawn talked to Chet, before heading out, amongst other things.

Pretty good. I liked both plots extremely well and laughed a bit, but the good thing is it had some serious parts when they were needed, and the episode's execution was really good. A+ episode, no doubt in my mind.
  • I loved it!

Shawn and Cory are on a road trip. They stop at a diner where they find four beautiful girls who can sing and dance extremely well. Their father doesn't want to let them go into the world though. Shawn tells Cory that he isn't going back home. Shawn and Cory find out that the people there knew Chet. Rachel and Jack talk to Eric about their kiss and then want to kiss each other again.

This was a great episode! I liked how they included the group, Nobody's Angel! It was great at the end when Chet appeared to Shawn. This episode gets a 10!
  • Road Trip begins as Cory and Shawn are riding in a truck hauling Chet's trailer. They stop at a truck stop, and the owner recognizes Shawn because Chet was a regular at the stop. At the end, Chet's ghost appears beside Shawn, and they both reconcile.

Out of the entire series, I believe that Road Trip is the most heartwarming episode of all. Having lost my father around Shawn's age, I could definitely relate to how he was handling the pain of Chet's death. The biggest life lesson that came out of this episode came when Chet's ghost appeared and talked to Shawn. After someone you love dies, they are not completely gone. As the dialogue went: Shawn-"I miss you." Chet's Ghost-"I know; but remember, I'm always right here (pointing to Shawn's head)." He was right. The memories will always stick with you for the rest of your life, and as long as you have those, then your loved one will always be with you. Road Trip gets a Perfect 10.