Boy Meets World

Seven the Hard Way (2)

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Feb 11, 2000 on ABC

• Severed Ties

Honest Abe Lincoln once said, "A house divided will not stand." That's exactly what happened with the friendship with these characters. This is basically part 2 in the War two parter. This is my favorate two parter in the entire series because it's dark. Part 2 does not disapoint and is one of those rare episodes (or only ones I know) that show a what if scenario, similar to the film "Run Lola Run" and the video game "Resident Evil 2" and it works it looks and feels believable.

We really see what happens when all of the characters sever ties with one another and don't repair them. Another old saying goes time heals all wounds. But as we see in this scenario it hasn't the wounds were so bad they just cut hurt more and more deeply to leave a scar that stays on their forever. All of the characters become shadow's of their own idealistic selves. From Jack who turns out to be sucessful but all of the money in the world will not fill that hole he has in his heart. Rachel has it the worst we see she's divorced and has became a bit trashy, it's really sad seeing her like that because you feel this girl deserves better, in fact the same can be said for all. Shawn and Angela have both became popular traveling journalists, you can tell both still love each other but aren't together, which is heartbreaking because you feel their right for each other and deserve one another. Cory and Topanga despite still being married and having a family both don't really love each other anymore, and you can't help but sense from both of them their love is doomed to die. But of course the one character which was both funny but sort of sad in a way is Eric. I remember laughing my head of just seeing him dressed and look like Moses and of course give himself a ridiculous name (in joke to "Dances with Wolves")Plays with Squrrels. We see he has became sort of a Henry David Throau like character only problem is unlike Throau his existace has bore no fruit. I'll never forget that one moment that was heartbreaking when Jack reads the book Eric wrote which was nothing but blank pages except the first page which goes back to what he wrote before they came to where they are in fact the revolving theme "Lose one friend, lose another friend, lose yourself." And that's exactly what happened to everyone of them just as they lost their friendship they lost their own identity with it, and can never get it back.

But of course it all comes back to the present scenario and
    down to an ending that really made me feel good and a sense of relief when all of them of course learn their lession, make up, and all become friends again.