Boy Meets World

Show Me the Love

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Sep 24, 1999 on ABC

• Season 7 Premiere

A very good premiere of Boy Meets World even though it did have it's minor flaws. Entering it's last season, you can't help but notice that a lot of things are very exaggerated (i.e. Cory & Topanga's relationship, Eric's stupidity) which is what we saw in this premiere. Regardless of that, this was a very eventful episode, that left us intrigued for the next episode.

It's not the first time that Cory's parents being a model for Cory & Topanga, but the story line remained interesting. Cory & Topanga have broken up twice before but they've never been a couple that has been on and off, unlike Shawn & Angela. Breaking them up this late in the game just left me wondering why.

For ratings, for viewers? At least the last two breakups were reasonable, Topanga breaks up with Cory because of her parents getting divorced. A lot of people go through this, I just wish Cory & Topanga's relationship didn't have to suffer for it, makes all the other breakups seem unimportant. Since Cory didn't show an ounce of actual emotion after Topanga broke up with him, unlike the last 2 breakups.

It was just a very anti-climactic breakup, although it was eventful, I didn't really feel like these two broke up. Angela copying everything that Topanga did was also questionable. Angela & Topanga moving in with Rachel is interesting since they haven't interacted much before, and I'm excited to see what's to come for the rest of the season.