Boy Meets World

Starry Night

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Apr 03, 1998 on ABC

• In appreciation of Van Gough's "Starry Night."

Although I did feel that they focused too much on the painting in this episode, this episode was very memorable. And it had some lines that were just moving in general. In the wake of Cory & Topanga's breakup, Topanga meets Ricky Ferris. He asks her out on a date, right after , they spend the whole day talking to each other about Van Gough's painting: "Starry Night" They end up kissing on their date. Does this strike you as familar? That's right folks, it's the exact same situation Cory went through with Lauren. I think the writers realized the only way Topanga was going to take Cory back is if she had to go through some self realization by going through the same situation Cory did.

When Topanga goes out with Ricky, everyone starts to lose hope for Cory and Topanga, even Shawn. The problem with his episode is that there was only one thing going on. All it was for the most part, is everyone talking about the painting until the eventful end of course, which made up for it. The script was amazing, I just felt as though they put too much emphasis on the painting. By the end, Topanga takes Cory back when she realizes she is in love with him. I'm sure that made a lot of fans happy, which made this episode really great as a whole, even though it had it's flaws.