Boy Meets World

Teacher's Bet

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Nov 19, 1993 on ABC

• Bet

Cory and Feeny make a bet, Feeny being the student and Cory teaching social studies for one week. If more students pass then usual Cory wins. If not Feeny wins. At first Cory doesn't care and he lets the students goof off all day. But soon he realizes that all people need an education when someone makes fun of Eric's new girlfriend. So he teaches a lesson in school, and at the end of the week, the same number of students passed as usual.

A good episode with a good message, one of their best from the whole series I think
  • An amazing episode!

Cory and Mr. Feeny switch roles for a bet. Cory becomes the teacher for a week and Mr. Feeny becomes a student. The bet is if more students pass the test than usual, then Mr. Feeny will give one fifth of his weekly paycheck. If more students fail than normal, then Cory must give Mr. Feeny his bike. They are reading The Diary of Anne Frank, a book on prejudice. Morgan loves Eric's new Asian girlfriend, Linda. At first, Cory lets his students do whatever they want. Linda gets called a bad name because of her race and Cory realizes what he is teaching. He becomes more serous about prejudice and wants his students to learn about it. After the test, it's a tie as the same amount of students passed and failed. I loved this episode because it teached how prejudice can really hurt someone. I give this episode a 10!
  • This is a well written, well thought out episode.

Cory and Shawn are critizing Mr. feeny as a teacher, and claim his job is easy. Later in class, cory restates his opinion to Mr. Feeny. Mr. feeny then makes a bet with cory, who can be the more effective teacher. The bet is cory's bike vs. 1/5 of feeny's paycheck. At frst cory is very lex with the class, and let's everyone have a free-for-all. He totally ignores the reading assignement, thinking predjucie is outdated. When eric's new girlfriend Linda is instulted at the mall, cory learns the invaluable lesson that predjuice is sadly still present even today. He gets the classes attention about the book by insulting Shawn. The class seems geniunly intrested, and you can tell mr. feeny is very proud of Cory. The bet is a push, since the same amount of students passed. I found this episode to have a wonderful lesson, and i reccomend that many young people as well as old watch it. It teaches it us that predjuice is still present, even in our Politcally Correct society. If you can teach one person that predjuice towards others, as well as racism, sexism, and anti religonism( you know what I mean) is wrong, then this show is twenty million times better than I hoped.
  • A great episode, one of my all time favorites.

This was such a great episode. I was surprised how well Ben Savage\'s acting was the end - He did a great job! I actually started tearing up a little when he started talking about Anne Frank. It was very moving, even if the person talking about it was so young! I thought it was completely true, and episodes like this made the series excellent. They just don\'t have anything on TV like this anymore. Anyway, it was really amazing, and I loved how they showed that racism and prejiduce is still around today. I especially liked the performance of the Asian girl (forgot her name, too!) It was very moving.
  • cory makes a bet with mr feeny

cory makes a bet with mr feeny that teaching 6th grade is much easier than being a 6th grade student. mr feeny and cory switch places. cory will be the social studies teacher for the next week, and mr feeny will take corys spot as a social studies student. cory soon learns how much mr feeny works to help his students.
  • This was a good episode.

7.8
    I personally loved this episode. It showed how Feeny thought of creative ways to teach his students. It also showed Cory growing up a bit. Even though he is still young and naive, he learned and grew a little within this episode. My favorite line of Topanga was in this: the "meow" thing she says to Cory during Role Call.

This episode had to do with Feeny and Cory switching places in the classroom. Cory had to teach and feeny was "just a classmate". If more students did better on the test than normal, Cory recieves Feenys pay. But if they dont do as well, Cory must give up his new bike. The subject matter is about Anne Frank. Cory makes references towards Shawn and his familys maiden name and Shawn learns a lesson. In the end, neither Cory nor Feeny win in the bet.
  • My favorite episode from the first season.

Season one definitely wasn't my favorite season of Boy Meets World. The show grew to be the greatest show ever as it went on, but I'm not reviewing those episodes right now.

This episode has to be my favorite one of the season. It sends a good message and is funny at the same time. I think Topanga steals the show with "I am channeling. I will only respond to the name MOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!"

A good example of what the first season of the amazing series was like.
  • I like part when Eric says to Amy he's got a date with a cheerleader saturday night and Amy thought he broke up with Linda but it turns out that Linda is the cheerleader and that she made the team. I thought Linda looked beautiful in her cheerleading unif

I like part when Eric says to Amy he's got a date with a cheerleader saturday night and Amy thought he broke up with Linda but it turns out that Linda is the cheerleader and that she made the team. Amy and Eric were talking about cheerleading and how it is a great experince for a girl and that Amy was one in high school and she showed him an old cheer she did in high school, Eric thought it was cute. Then the doorbell rings and he go to the door and says to Amy, cheerleading isn\'t about rah-rah stuff anymore, its cool you know and its \"cutting edge\" and Linda shows up in her cheerleading uniform at the house and Amy congratulates Linda for making the cheerleading squad and Linda showed them a cheer she did from her 1st practice and it was a little same as Amy\'s old cheer. They both clapped for her preformances. Then, Linda ask Eric how he like it and he said the same thing to both Amy and Linda, see its \"cutting edge\". They all laughed and smiled.

I thought Linda looked beautiful in her cheerleading uniform.
  • They don't make shows/episodes like this

I have to admit of some reason I tear up at the end of the episode when Cory starts teaching about Anne Frank. I think it is the reason that I love the show so much, well in the early days. This had a great message and was not heavy handed. St8 classic
  • lindsay price is hott

lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott, lindsay price is hott,