Boy Meets World

The Double Lie

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Sep 29, 1995 on ABC

• The Veronica Watson!

A great second episode to Season 3, Shawn gets a date with the most popular girl in school after she dumps her boyfriend, but what Shawn forgot is that he's staying with the Matthews with a 10 o'clock curfew so it's a downer, my favorite part of the episode is inn which they are trying to have their date & everyone interrupts including Feeny! Then he sneaks out to get Veronica so he can go back to his place. But Turner is there, which brings the lesson behind the episode, Turner lied, & just because you are an adult doesn't give you the right to lie. The funny thing about this episode is everyone was having something romantic planned, & Turner ruined everything. The subplot was pretty good, Eric pays for his term paper, Cory switches it, "Life's tough, get a helmet!" I love that line. A great episode.
  • Great episode!

Shawn gets a date but has to stay at the Matthews. Mr. Turner says that he is going out for the weekend. Shawn brings his date to Mr. Turner's "empty" apartment, only to find Mr. Turner and a woman there! Shawn and Mr. Turner get angry at each other. Eric orders an essay so he wouldn't have to write one, but Mr. Feeny catches him.

This was a great episode! I loved the part where Shawn, Cory, and Mr. Turner were talking in the classroom. Shawn was hilarious! This was a wonderful episode and I give it a 10 out of 10!
  • shawn has a date planned for the same weekend he will be staying with the matthews while turner is away

mr turner tells shawn he will be going away for the weekend to a wedding. and shawn will be staying at the matthews but he ignores that fact when he plans a date one of the nights he will be there. the girl is veronica watson and shawn brings her home to turners apartment but is utterly shocked when he finds turner there making out with his girlfriend. they are both mad at one another but then make up
  • Shawn has a date, Turner is going out of town, so Shawn will be dating under the Matthews' Rules... This has hilarity written all over it

This episode is great. I love the beggining when Shawn and Cory watch Veronica dump her boyfriend with commentary. It is quite a reminder of what drama occured during High School. Shawn snags the date and then we deal with Shawn's inability to listen to to adults. Fantastic, it is finally explained that Shawn hears a loud buzzing when adults talked, I would have imagined it being a peanuts warble. Feeny says he enjoys a trip to the dentist... Creepy much?

Eric hasn't turned in a term paper from last year? How did he move on to the next grade? I'm a bit confused, but since when did the world of BMW have to make sense never I suppose.

Eric and Cory fight because Eric doesn't give him a message. Eric mocks Cory and Eric for spending too much time together. Cory actually makes a plan that sounds like it will work to keep the 'rents out of the house. He cancels their reservations. But of course it has to backfire because this is the way the universe works.

A Great Scene when Shawn goes to sneak out, and he comes up with the most elaborate escape route, and Cory suggests that Shawn use the front door, it's such a wierd concept for Shawn. When Turner is caught in the lie it of course ends in a moral lesson. That everyone must be honest with each other. Turner has to learn how to deal with Shawn being in his life.

When Cory pranks Eric by switching the paper that eric turns into Feeny, we learn that you should treat your younger brother with respect or you'll regret it.

Great Episode.