Boy Meets World

The Father/Son Game

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Dec 17, 1993 on ABC

• father/son

Cory and Eric want to do just about anything to get out of playing a baseball game with their dad and a rival business. When Alan realizes this he lies and says the game was canceled. Eric and Cory later learn it wasn't, so they try to make it up to their father, knowing they disappointed him.

A good episode with a good, funny plot and some good emotion. Not one of my favorites but it is worthy of an A+ grade, simply a remarkable, funny, and interesting episode. I liked the moral that Eric and Cory learned from it
  • Cory and Eric really learn something.

The annual father/son softball game is coming up, but Cory and Eric don't want to be in it. Mr. Feeny tries to teach the importance of alliegiance. Alan senses that Cory and Eric don't want to do it so he lets them off the hook by telling them that the game is cancelled. Cory learns that there really was a game and feels bad about what he and Eric did. They try to make it up to Alan by having a barbecue with him, but it doesn't feel fair because Alan really wanted to play the game. Cory and Eric make it up to him by challenging for a rematch.

I loved the important lessons in this episode! Appreciation, alliegiance, honesty, and grattitude. I really enjoyed this episode a lot and I give it a 10!
  • cory and eric dont want to attend the father-son softball game with their father

when cory and eric try to get out of attending the annual father-son softball game with alan, they dont want to make alan unhappy or let him down, so they say they are busy. but their troubles are relieved when alan tells them the game was cancelled. but trouble sets in again when topanga tells them that the game wasnt cancelled, and alan didnt want his sons to be unhappy at the game. so cory and eric organize a rematch and they attend