Boy Meets World

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Feb 02, 1996 on ABC

• Finally, Shawn sticks to one girl.

This episode was heart warming, because I love to see another side of Shaw, and finally for the first time in the season, the episode wasn't centered around Cory, it was centered around Sean which is great news, since it wasn't silly, it was serious. I can't think of a lesson learned though. The subplot was just as good, Eric trying to be an intern & just when you think he doesn't have a chance, he gets it, he really wants to get in to college, which I'm sure everyone likes to see, the memorable moments of this episode was in which Topanga tells "the truth" to Shawn, also another memorable moment is when Cory was acting silly throughout the whole episode about his mitten, a great funny but serious episode.
  • I never really cared for episodes fully about Shawn and some girl.

5.5
    Same old same old we see in this episode, Shawn likes a girl, for some reason things don't work out well, but in the end he gets her back, and we never see her again, well, this is a tad different, as we see Dana one more time in Weather Guy. But this is in my opinion, one of the worst episodes of Boy Meets World, infact, any episode about Shawn and a girl aren't worth watching, becasue their all the same, as Shawn wouldn't get a steady girlfriend until season 5. But, in conclusion, if you missed this episode, your not missing much more than you see plenty other times in the series.
  • Great episode!

Shawn goes on a date with a “nice girl” named Dana. Because of Shawn’s reputation, she doesn’t want to go out with him a second time. Instead, she wants to go out with Cory. Eric gets interviewed hoping to be the new intern for the news. Shawn says that he really likes this girl. Topanga says that he isn’t boyfriend material because he doesn’t really listen to what girls say; he just likes kissing them. Shawn wants to prove that he is listening so he remembers that Dana likes picnics. He sets one up and she gives him a chance.

I liked Dana and Shawn! I do think that Shawn’s reputation is not a very good one. He just goes from girl to girl. I thought Cory was really funny with his winter attire! I give this episode a 10!
  • shawn gets rejected by a "nice girl"

shawn (everyone knows hes the ladies man type of character by this point) gets turned down for a second date by a "nice girl" (dana pruitt) and she wants to go out with cory. why? because cory is "boyfriend material" and shawn isnt. topanga tells shawn he doesnt know understand or think like women and doesnt know what they want. shawn thinks he has failed, but ends up going out with dana again in the end