Boy Meets World

The Psychotic Episode

Aired Friday 8:30 PM May 07, 1999 on ABC

• Not an episode I particulary like

This episode bugs me. I cannot totally put my finger on why. I know that is realistic that someone like Cory will have nightmares about getting married. And yes, the dream itself does seem like it really could be something that would be dreamed about. Considering Cory's relationship with his other friends, especially Shawn, it is also understandable about how he would he feel towards getting married to Topanga.

I don't like this episode. Part of it is because they do keep forcing Cory to finish the dream and I don't see that as being real. Yes, finishing the dream will accomplish what he wants, but I do not think that you can force yourself to dream something. I think it unrealistic towards the end of the episode.

It is not a bad episode, just not one that I happen to like.
  • This was one of the msot interesting but fun to watch episdoes ever!

Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great! Great!

5.5
    Definitely not the best episode of Boy Meets World and probably the worst of the season. Yes, I got it, Cory having anxiety before the wedding, but they could have done so much more with this plot, why did we have to delve in to Cory's dreams. Cory is killing Shawn in his dreams, and he's trying to find out why.

The episode ends bluntly with Cory having doubts about marriage. "Say whaaa..?" Nothing was remotely funny about this episode, the only part I found myself interested in was Lauren's surprise appearance in Cory's dreams, and Cory shoving everyone down the elevator was somewhat amusing, but this wasn't Boy Meets World.

Having a strange roommate is nothing new, and I felt like this whole plot has been done before, so a bit predictable with the subplot. Not a very entertaining or even funny episode of Boy Meets World. I guess I'll give this episode points for plot development, and did they really have to use the same eerie music as "And Then There Was Shawn"? An episode that was loads better than this one?
  • superb

cory has dreams and in each of them, he kills shawn. with the aid of feeny will cory get to the bottom of these dreams and stop them from happening? what do these dreams mean? eric movies in with a strange guy, in a hilarious parody of Pyscho.

good episode, cory's behavior, especially in his dreams, was a bit too spooky for me, i'll be honest, he did scare me a little, but overall the rest was fine, eric's plot was hilariois i thought, and so because of this the episode definitely gets an A+ as a grade from me
  • Cory dreams about Shawn dying.

Cory has strange nightmares where he is killing Shawn. He fears sleeping. Cory talks to Mr. Feeny. Mr. Feeny tells him to finish the dream because in every one, Cory doesn't actually see Shawn die. Cory has another dream and finishes it. It turns out to be about Topanga and marriage. Lauren is also there, but she represents all that Cory will be giving up in order to marry Topanga. Eric moves in with a fellow student, Adam. Adam is very strange, as he still has a pet bird who is dead, and talks to his mother, even though she is dead.

This was a great episode! It was a little strange though. I thought it was funny, and I liked seeing Lauren again. I thought that Adam and Eric were funny! This episode gets a 9.5!
  • Cory keeps having dreams of killing Shawn. And they're all funny deaths. What's not to like?

Another one of my favorite episodes. I mean, Cory keeps having dreams of killing Shawn. There's nothing average about these deaths either. He pushes him down an elevator shaft, as well as Angela and Jack (who are also pushed to their death in 'And Then There Was Shawn') and Rachel, who Eric jumps in after. I don't remember if he pushes Topanga. He also shoves and umbrella down his throat and opens it (Cory: I Mary Poppin-ed you, Shawn!). But yes, funny episode, as they all are. Absolutely great, and just proves why Boy Meets world was one of the greatest shows that there is!
  • In this episode, Cory is feeling anxiety about getting married and thinks his relationships with his friends will change. He dreams of killing Shawn, which scares him so much he tries not to sleep at all. Eric moves in with a psycho roommate.

This episode is great and is one of the best episodes of Boy Meets World, in my opinion. Cory\'s dreams about killing Shawn are hilarious as is the part where Eric moves in with a psycho roommate who has a dead bird. I love the part where Cory is telling Shawn the various ways that he killed him in his dreams, like by feeding him thumb-tack soup. It also has a good ending, where Cory finds out that he thinks his relationship with Shawn will change after he gets married and that is why he\'s been having the dreams. This is exactly why I watch this show, because I love the type of humor that is so prominent in this episode.
  • Goofy and funny. :)

This episode is funny, hilarious, goofy and a little silly. Cory keeps having terrible nightmares about wanting to kill Shawn and his other friends. He keeps waking Shawn up in the middle of the night, afraid. Meanwhile, Eric finally finds a roommate that turns out a total freak.

I liked this episode. It is psychotic!
  • This episode is about Cory dreaming that he is killing Shawn and wants to find out why he does this. Meanwhile, Eric moves in with a new roommate.

I absolutely loove this episode because it is too funny. The fact that Cory always wakes up before he finishes the dreams means he is misinterpretating them. He thinks he has some hidden anger against Shawn. But in reality, he just wants to be alone with Topanga. Dream Feeny tells him advice and he takes it and it still doesn't work. Mr. Feeny says he is not responsible for Dream Feeny. The fact that Eric moves in with a psychotic roomate is hilarious. At first, he thinks he has moved into a great dorm with a great roommate. Wrong! The fact that his roommate told him not to sit in places where his dead relatives are sitting. Then whe he tries to introduce Eric to his dead mother. Eric leaves. I give it three thumbs up.
  • i love this episode and it makes me laugh

this episode is so funny and it always makes me laugh. even though ive seen it 6 times i still find it funny because of cory killing shawn in strange ways and eric's nutty roomate and the dead parrot and everything. i also think its hilarious when topanga wakes up and eric is in her bed and she screams. some of the lines from this ep are unforgettable "shawn, i marypoppinsed ya" among others.
  • HILARIOUS!!!! enough said.

this episode made me pee in my pants with laughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just read some of the quotes to this episode and you can perfectly see how funny it was. this is one of my favorite episodes, and have i told you already its SO FREAKIN FUNNY? b/c it is. i LOVE boy meets world, even if it's over it lives on in me heaarrt!!