Boy Meets World

The War (1)

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Feb 11, 2000 on ABC

• Perfect

a war on friends goes too far when cory and shawn put up a sexy picture of rachel for the student union to see. will they ever all be friends again or is this the end of all their friendships?

a good episode, some people on different websites think rachel was being too hard on cory and shawn, but i disagree. I think the overall episode was great, had good humor, an interesting part, and I am a sucker for a good "To Be Continued..." episode, so all in all, this episode gets a well deserved A+ from me. Perfect
  • Lose one friend, lose another friend, lose yourself.

This is the theme that runs thoughout the whole episode. This is one of the darkest episodes of the show, which isn't all funny but actually invested in deep drama and emotion. Thanks to the cast and their strong acting ability, we see once again how human everyone truely is.
    At first the pranks one faction after the other plays on one another are harmless and fun, but soon it escilates to become hurtful, kinda like someone throwing a snowball with a rock inside it. And that's when it's war and there are two factions, Cory, Shawn and Tapanga are Faction 1. Faction 2 is made up of Angela, Rachael, and Jack. Eric is the nertral spy for both. But the more Eric is involved the more he sees how one thing is starting to lead to another, not just are the factions fighting each other but also fighting from within when negative feelings of distrust and deceit creep within them and start hurting one another for a reason or none at all. Eric realizes that he must play the peacekeeper role and put a stop to the war before it's too late. I feel at that point of the show we not just witness the raw intensity of the war and how hardened everyone has became, but some real growth on the Eric character. His character was always a little odd, being a goofball on one hand and being a level headed guy on the other. Hear he still does both but this time he's more strong on the level headed end of the weight. He comes though making everyone listen to him whether they like it or not, and also like any mediator lets everyone speak his or her part as to how they feel in the matter.

The themes of this episode are about the nature of war, what it can do to people, how much it changes them, and that no one ever really wins. I'll admit it's painful just seeing all these characters tear each other apart, it really hits home and tuged at my heart strings knowing how unsafe friendship is against the flames of hatred.
  • This episode was sad, hilarious, and great altogether.

After Shawn upsets Rachel, she kicks him out of the dorm. He and Cory got mad and pull a prank on Rachel. Cory, Shawn, and Topanga become a team and Rachel, Angela, and Jack are a team. No one wants Eric, so he is a spy. After some childish pranks, Rachel ends up getting hurt because Cory and Shawn put up a picture of her without any clothes, except for a covering. She gets sad and runs away. The group all spilt up and are angry at one another. I thought this episode was one of the best in the entire series. It showed anger, bitterness, depression, fun moments, and happy moments all in one episode. I enjoyed it very much and is easily one of my favorite episodes. 10 out of 10!
  • Great episiode.

I Like this episode a lot because it starts out like a lot of episodes in the season. Cory and Topanga, Shawn and angela are all together, while Rachel comes walking in really pissed off. Once again it is the result of Cory and Shawn's behavior and they are banned from the dorm. Topnaga leaves them behind, and the two skulk out of the room in shame. The boys strike back by putting her VW in her room. The next part is classic Boy Meets World, Whe Rachel complains to Feeny he loves it, and makes jokes along with the guys. I love this part, because we get to see a rare fun loving side of feeny. The prank war is on, and now it is time to pick sides. the part where eric is trying to open the can like a jar is sooo hilarious. After some sweet talking by rachel the sides are formed with the origanls: cory, shawn, and topanga against the newbies: Jack, rachel, and angela, with eric left "playing both sides". The newbies strike first with superglue on the chair and honey on the head. Followed by a bear, which looks real at first until you see the zipper. The boys strike back without telling topanga and go to far. They hang a picture of rchel up, that she gave to jack, that he showed shawn, who tricked angela into letting him inside the dorm, to get the picture from under rachel's bed. This causes everyone to hate each other and to be continued flashes across the screen.
  • this is such an awesome and funny episode

the war (1) is so good because it shows how even the tightest circles of friends can fight bitterly. it all starts when shawn parks in rachels parking spot. she gets mad, they start a war. its cory shawn and topanga against angela jack and rachel and eric is neutral. shawn and cory park a car in rachels room and she gets really mad again. she retaliates by putting honey dripping from the ceiling onto cory shawn and topangas heads. then, a bear is outside the classroom (rachels team played that prank). to get back at rachels team, corys team blows up a picture of rachel that only jack was supposed to see. rachel bursts into tears, and rachels team says they will never talk to cory and shawn again. topanga hadnt even been let in on this prank, and she gets mad at everyone too. at the end of this episode, nobody is speaking to one another.
  • Eric was smart for once...

Eric was smart for once in this episode. He was the only one whith this head on! Who would've thought that Eric would save their friendship!

I love this episode. It's one of my faves. It's funny and inspirational to all! Especially when Jack tries to take the poster of Rachel down, but there's like a thousand of them. He puts Rachel in front of it.. lol.

Great Episode!