Boy Meets World

Uncle Daddy

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Feb 28, 1997 on ABC

• fair

Eric dates a new girl named Kelly, who has a 6 year old son named Ryan. He thinks he is ready to date a girl with a kid, but is he as ready as he thinks he is? Meanwhile, Cory, Shawn and Topanga try to get ready for the SAT.

It was alright. I liked Shawn's reaction whenever Cory or Topanga asked him a question, and I liked how Eric was pretty mature in this episode, compared to most episodes. There's just something about this episode though that makes me not like it a lot. It's still decent, and I can't put my finger on it. Grade would be a C+/B- or so.
  • This episode, while not one I love, is important for Eric's growth.

7.6
    This episode leaves me with something of mixed feelings each time I see it. I can't tell sometimes if the message is "Being a dad is tough," which I can believe in and get behind, or if the message is that "All men leave," which is a rotten crummy stereotype.

This episode does seem to be an important life-turning moment for Eric though, and I enjoy watching the growth in his character after this encounter. From here he seems to still be the hilarious Matthews we've enjoyed over four seasons, but he also suddenly seems to realize that he can do so much more.

Despite mixed feelings about the episode I enjoy what it does for his character...