Boy Meets World

We'll Have A Good Time Then

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Jan 22, 1999 on ABC

• Blue

This is no doubt one of the best but saddest episodes ever in the show. What I loved about this episode is everyone was at their emotional best from the supporting cast to Ryder Strong himself.

We see how interally conficted Shawn is about his father. From the depth he reveals about his father indeed Chet really wasn't that good of a father due to the fact that he has distanced himself from both Shawn as well as Jack which has failed to produce deep connection, but strangely he still loves him as well as Chet loves him back. It's just as heartbreaking for Jack as we see in one arguement scene, Shawn says he had it made but as we see despite the nice life and family Jack had it wasn't all roses and cream; Jack had it just as hard knowing he was adopted and has never known his real father at all, it was just sad hearing the fact Jack never got one birthday gift or much of a card from him. There are even a lot of other things that happen during the ordeal that have caused significant character developments like Cory who for a while was scared of the fact of the connection between both him and Topanga would be perminant but of course finally able to write down his wedding vow knowing he's even more afraid not to be connected at all. And of course the love triangle between Jack, Rachel, and Eric is resolved it may have been a little sad on one count for Eric but it felt right for Jack, it was obvious that Rachel was a lot more closer to Jack and likewise for him.

It was really heartfelt when Chet does the right thing in the end which is to not leave both his son's ever again. But of course the ending was downright heartbreaking when we see that Chet had another stroke and passed away, I remember I couldn't help but cry at that point. Connection and Love are sometimes all we need in life even in the end of all things.