Boy Meets World

You Can Go Home Again

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Sep 20, 1996 on ABC

• That Farmhouse... There

Cory and Eric stay in a small town at the end of their summer break because Eric does not want to go back home feeling like a loser because he didn't get accepted anywhere. Will Cory be able to convince Eric they need to head back home?

A good episode, very memorable and it has some good lines and a good start to the 4th season. My grade is a B+ because I do not consider it "A" worthy. Not saying it is bad, because it is not, I just don't consider it on the same level as "A" episodes
  • The summer is over and I doubt, I doubt I'll be seeing you around.

This episode was a pretty good season opener. It was good with the continuity since the last time we saw the Matthews brothers, they were getting ready for summer, to go out on the road. In the season 4 opener, they're still on the road. One problem: Eric doesn't want to go home, he feels like he is a loser, and doesn't want to go. He falls in love with a girl, Irene from Pottstown, where he plans his future. Meanwhile Cory tries everything to get Eric home. Alan feels as though he is in a slump in his life, and he feels as though he "settled" for just working at a grocery store, he realizes this after winning a "Grocie". Shawn & Topanga anxiously wait for Cory to come home. A good season opener, with a lesson to be learned: "Don't settle". It applied for both plot lines. Some parts were kind of boring, but it paid off in the end.
  • Great!

Eric and Cory are nearing the end of their trip. They stop at a small town and Eric decides that he doesn't want to leave because he's found a girl named Irene, friends, and he can be anyone he wants to be. Shawn and Topanga are anxious for Cory to come home. Alan wins a grocer award and figures out that he just settled for it. Meaning that he didn't really want to be a grocer all his life. Alan and Cory convince Eric to come home.

This was a great episode! The pie looked really good! It was sad when Eric had to leave though. Irene knew that it was the right thing to do though. I loved the end when Cory saw Shawn and Topanga! 10 out of 10!
  • Great episode. Very funny but good lesson too. I was laughing at some scenes and others I started thinking about my life too. Anyone who feels lost should watch this episode and find character and the postive things about themselves

This is probably one of my top 10 time favorite episodes of Boy Meets World. Probably because we have all felt like we are at a crossroads in our life. We wonder \\\"what will we do tommorow to make it better than the day before?\\\" Eric felt that way. I like seeing the episode was funny but it was dramatic as well. I think Eric had grown up a lot in the last few months of his life. I think it was very sad he didn\\\'t get into college after all the hard work. But I also was happy that he fell in love with Irene. I think she made him realize how special he was. He should realize it himself as well I think for her he was gonna stay in that smalltown. But of course, you gotta go home to your family and friends. They will always support you. Good thing Alan was going through the same thing so that he could help Eric. Realationship between those two is very silimar to the one of my dad and myself. So every kid who feels lost should see this episode and say \\\"you can never be affraid to go home\\\"
  • I feel this episode sets the new tone for the show. it is no longer about trivial things, it starts to dive into more serious issues.

i like this episode a lot because the story really hits home for me. i felt the same way after i graduated, and i really relate to the eric character and what he is going through. i think this is an episode all kids should watch because it can really teach a good lesson while still entertaining.
  • This episode sets up storylines for Eric and Alan for the rest of the season.

This episode is a continuation of "Brothers", the last episode of season 3. At the end of "Brothers" Eric and Cory are taking off for a 2-month car trip around the US. Now we find them three hours from Philadelphia on their way home. Cory can't wait to get home to Topanga. Everything he sees reminds him of her (Mount Rushmore: "Look at the lips on Teddy Roosevelt!"). Eric, however, has nothing waiting for him at home. He didn't get into college when all his friends did, he doesn't have a job or a girlfriend. They stop at Pottstown, Pennsylvania, Home of the World's Largest Yogurt Cup. Eric finds everything that he thinks will make him happy. Meanwhile Alan is sick of his job, even after winning the coveted Grocey award. He feels like he settled for this job instead of doing something that would really make him happy. These storylines set up the rest of the season. Eric will spend time as a Townie, trying to find a job and eventually getting into college. Alan will shortly change jobs, shaking up the whole Matthews family. Though not a stand-out episode in itself, even with some very funny moments, this is a very important episode to begin what many believe to be the best season of the series.
  • Great episode where we get to know Eric a little better.

This is a great episode to kick off what I think is one of the best seasons of the series. Dick Van Patten's cameo as an Amish farmer is a classic comedy moment, and the opening scene of Eric and Cory driving along is very funny also.

The best part of this episode is getting to know Eric a little better. We actually get to see a more serious side of the usually bizarre character. William Russ and Will Friedle both deliver above average performances.

Despite the ever-increasing insanity of the series (namely, a giant yogurt cup and the "Parade of Sprinkles"), this is a more serious episode than most.